Thread: How to tell which tower you will be on with net10?

Feedback Score

How to tell which tower you will be on with net10?

I have a neighbor who wanted me to research net10 and I wanted to know what towers it will run off of? Verizon, ATT or tmobile? Thanks

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mustanggt24 View Post
    I have a neighbor who wanted me to research net10 and I wanted to know what towers it will run off of? Verizon, ATT or tmobile? Thanks
    A GSM phone (has a SIM card) will be on AT&T or T-Mobile as its primary provider. A CDMA phone will be on Verizon in most cases. Both types will roam on other smaller providers. Since GSM and CDMA are incompatible with each other there will be no cross roaming.

The phone and provider depends on how you order direct from Trac or what is found available locally. Let us know your zip code and if you have personal knowledge of which provider is best in your area.

Feedback Score
    Well Verizon is the best in the area. Zip is 61938. Thanks!

Phones
    LG
    LG
    Carrier
    Straight talk
    Feedback Score
    Phones that work on Verizon have model numbers ending in C. Models ending in G are AT&T or T mobile.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Well Verizon is the best in the area. Zip is 61938. Thanks!
    If you were on the Net10 site and put in your zip code this page would come up: http://www.net10-store.com/bpdirect/...Phonelist=true

Look up at the address bar and you will see COGSM4 within the URL. This is the market area you are in; the CO means CDMA and the GSM4 means AT&T GSM SIM`ed phones. As mentioned in the previous post look for the C (CDMA) or the G (GSM) on the end of the model number (the LG300 should have a G on the end). Jot down the six CDMA phone model numbers if you want to see what is available to you locally (sometimes the G & C are missing from the model numbers when you go looking). For the GSM phones look at the model number on the bottom of the package to varify it contains "P4" near the end of the model number to indicate it will run on AT&T. If you see 5 instead of 4 it will be the less desirable T-Mobile service.

You will normally find better deals on GSM phones, apparently Verizon minutes (or phones) cost Trac more to provide, so they don`t make the CDMA phones very attractive, to push GSM (especially T-Mobile ones). Ask more questions, rather than make a costly mistake or miss ways to save.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the help. So it looks like in my area he could get verizon or GSM?

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the help. So it looks like in my area he could get verizon or GSM?
    Thats correct for you it would be either:
    CDMA on Verizon
    GSM on AT&T