Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Thread: Motorola DROID 3 Release Thread

Feedback Score
    I had a similar problem although it only happened with Yahoo mail, and not with my other mail services. From what I was told, Yahoo made some changes to how their mail system interacted with android (my gmail stuff worked at all times) and the folks at Motorola needed to update the way the phone interacted with the information. At this time, everything is working fine with my email.

Device(s)
    Droid 3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Anyone mad like I am and notice that a Droid 4 was already supposed to come out December 22nd but got pushed back to February 2nd, 2012? Not even a full year after the Droid 3 came out and there's already a 4th and since I bought the 3 when it came out in July, I can't upgrade with a discount to 4 when it comes out.

Feedback Score
    I'm not mad, because I have expected it. It has gotten to the point that replacement technology is every 6 months. I have thought for years that when I buy a tech item that it is obsolete in 6 months. This has been the case with computers for some time now, and it is only to be expected that it would reach smart phones, etc...

Device(s)
    Droid 3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yeah I know it seems like they put out technology one day and the next its obsolete, but on the Droid phones, at least the ones they just call the droid (not the bionic or razr but just the ones they number), they usually wait at least a year to put out the next one but this is 8 months later.

Feedback Score
    Heh, my wife and I are both getting D3s this Friday via the free Newegg deal that bundles in the cardock and desktop dock. Already ordered the Qmadix cases and Skinomi protectors. Might sound stupid as the D4 just released but I'm doing it for a few reasons:

1 - Both free with her upgrade and our ghost line upgrade vs $400 for 2 D4s and another $150 for the docks
    2 - Removable batteries so I can swap at work and she can carry a spare in her purse just in case
    3 - No 4G projected for where we live yet, probably will be 1st or 2nd quarter 2013 so no reason for LTE
    4 - GSM support for me as I will be all over the world in the next 12-14 months

I'm excited as I always am to get a new phone. Upgrading from a Droid X which is honestly still a great phone, I just need to get back to full QWERTY and I need the world phone support.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S Plus 64GB, Microsoft Surface 3 LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
    Heh, my wife and I are both getting D3s this Friday via the free Newegg deal that bundles in the cardock and desktop dock. Already ordered the Qmadix cases and Skinomi protectors. Might sound stupid as the D4 just released but I'm doing it for a few reasons:
    Droid 3 is not a bad phone at all. It has a number of advantages over the D4, actually. Including several you mention. The D4 is not a world phone yet, so traveling a lot the D3 would be better. Also, even when D4 is upgraded, there's no slot for a dedicated GSM SIM, so an unlocked phone will probably not work on any foreign prepaid cards forcing you to pay the higher international rate using the domestic number.

Also, initial reports are that the battery life on D4 is not the greatest - I bet the D3 manages to do a better job.

Anyway, hope it all works well for you.

--Kidd
    Hear me on Twitter: @alexkidd1 / Fun connection:

Feedback Score
    Yeah I am getting them on Friday, Newegg is throwing in free activation as well which is going to save me another $35 on the ghost line. Its actually very funny to see all the people online mad about the D4 releasing when they just got D3s this summer and are locked in until 2013 and then when the odd person posts about the D3 being overall just as good or better they say how much they hate their D3 and how they hate all the bloat etc... whatever. My wife actually says she does NOT want me to do anything to her phone and I probably won't so hers might be a little slow-ish but mine sure as heck won't. Going to give Liberty (what I run on my DX) and Steeldroid a shot right out of the box. I'm not sure if Liberty enables the 2nd core but I know Steeldroid does. I also have never met anyone besides one of my really good friends who has a D3 and he also go two for his wife for the exact same reasons. He's in the military too and needs the GSM support and his wife will NOT have a phone without a full QWERTY.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19