Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorola DROID 3 Release Thread

Phones
    LG Clout, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Motorola StarTac ST7868W (no longer used)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    => Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Phones
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    Just ordered the Droid 3 on verizon wireless website. Does anyone know if Verizon does Saturday delivery with their Fedex shipments or will I be waiting til Monday?
    If you order on-line, it is sent overnight, so you should have it on Friday.
    If you call and place an order on Friday, you can have the Rep select Saturday delivery, but it costs extra.

Phone
    Droid 3
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    And it's finally officially on the website.

Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Ordered mine. Get it tomorrow!!

Phones
    Blackberry Storm2 9550
    Motorola Droid 3 XT862
    Blackberry Storm2 9550 (retired)
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    If you order on-line, it is sent overnight, so you should have it on Friday.
    If you call and place an order on Friday, you can have the Rep select Saturday delivery, but it costs extra.
    I have options for standard 2 day or overnight by 3 PM?

Feedback Score
    On the Verizon website all of the pictures show the phone as having silver chrome lining the screen section of the phone and then having silver plastic on the top half of the keyboard..but many other "non-official"
    pictures of this phone (including the leaked pictures of the dummy units sent to the stores) and the leaked tutorial videos along with the rendering on Droid does have shown it as having black chrome and black plastic all around.

Do you guys think Verizon is going to have two color schemes available for this phone like they did the Droid 2? Any idea when this option would become available?

Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Free overnight shipping!

Feedback Score
    hmmm ive been paying monthly for awhile now...when i tried to upgrade its trying to drop the unlimited plan because it "doesnt match current plan" any suggestions?

Feedback Score
    so I bought other smart phones on Tues (to get the unlimited data) - they should be delivered today...

just called CS, they want a $35 restocking fee for them even unopened. I heard that the restocking fee should be waived in the first 3 days - truth or rumor?

Phones
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by arbol99 View Post
    hmmm ive been paying monthly for awhile now...when i tried to upgrade its trying to drop the unlimited plan because it "doesnt match current plan" any suggestions?
    It sounds like they've made it so that if you are buying a new phone on-line, it wants to remove the unlimited data plan and have you select one of the new data plans? If so, try to order it from Tele-sales 611, and tell them to keep your current unlimited data on the account.

Phones
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by spiffyweb View Post
    so I bought other smart phones on Tues (to get the unlimited data) - they should be delivered today...

just called CS, they want a $35 restocking fee for them even unopened. I heard that the restocking fee should be waived in the first 3 days - truth or rumor?
    Maybe if you refuse the delivery and just sent it back unopened they will not charge the restocking fee?

Phones
    Moto Maxx Ve
    HTC Rezound
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I remember that if you returned a phone and waited like 15 days, you'd not get charged that fee, and keep your upgrade promotion eligibility

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by arbol99 View Post
    I upgraded my line to the Droid 3 this morning. When I got to the data plan selection in the process it had the tiered plans listed but at the bottom was a selection for the unlimited plan and it was already pre-selected.

Feedback Score
    evidently since im using a feature phone the "unlimited data" is different then "unlimited data" even though you pay the same price of 29.99 and it is not considered transferable. even if online if i click "phones that match my plan" it includes smart phone. bogus. looks like im switching to sprint.

Phones
    Droid 3
    I want a CDMA Pre3
    My users: Blackberries, My CEOs: iPhones
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Just had time to open mine up and take a few pictures. Those along with initial thoughts are coming shortly.

[edit] OMG PICTARS

This image is broken because Hofo has a VERY stupid swear filter that is taking "f 4 G" and turning it into ***... :facepalm:
    [img]http://photos.big-geek.net/photos/i-tfK***X/0/M/i-tfK***X-M.jpg[/img]

Thoughts so far:
    big. Heavy. much more substantial than the D2. Slider action is fairly stiff but i imagine it will loosen up over time as the D2 has.

I haven't activated it yet so I unfortunately can't answer software questions unless someone knows the "bypass activation screen" trick for the D3 (is it the same "touch 4 corners" thing?)

No physical camera button on the case, so that part of the VZW doc I posted near the end of the pre-release thread is wrong for sure. Don't know about RAM yet.

The bezel around the screen is sort of a steel gray, gunmetal-ish, while the main body is black. Back casing is soft-touch coated (IBM Thinkpad style), but it is a piece of plastic, not metal. Just snaps on.

You can change SD card without removing battery!

Other HW questions just ask and I will answer what I can... I'm a busy IT guy so I don't know if I will have time to activate during the work day (I need my old phone working for now).

[edit again]
    Bypass activation is the same.

Quadrant tells me that the phone has "450,000 kB Total Memory," which implies to me that the phone is indeed a 512MB unit. I just ran Quadrant and got a 2250 score.
    Last edited by bradenmcg; 07-07-2011 at 10:55 AM.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast