Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorola DROID 3 Release Thread

Feedback Score
    Just ordered mine via phone. I was able to get a corporate discount on the phone & GPS mount, bringing the total to $207 with tax. I also asked if I could get free overnight shipping like you can get if you order online and they gave it to me. Cheers!

Device(s)
    OG Droid
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by moskey71 View Post
    Just ordered mine via phone. I was able to get a corporate discount on the phone & GPS mount, bringing the total to $207 with tax. I also asked if I could get free overnight shipping like you can get if you order online and they gave it to me. Cheers!
    I have seen multiple references to free overnight shipping when ordered online, why did I have to pay $13 for it?

EDIT: just looked at vzw and see it has a free overnight shipping notice up now and is 199.99. Bought it at 189.99. With $13 shipping, so I paid a couple bucks more, oh well
    Last edited by Mike8519; 07-07-2011 at 02:17 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tjmonkey15 View Post
    Based on the information that's been available online, we knew that feature phone unlimited plans would not grandfather you in for the smartphone unlimited plan...2GB is still a decent amount of data. I've only ever gone over 1GB once. Depends what you plan on using the phone for though.
    I usually use 5-7GB of data a month, this month I used over 10GB...this is on my line alone, all 5 of my lines total have used ~25GB this month. I'm sooooo glad I only pay $10 for UNLIMITED DATA on each line

Cheap TPU cases. Thunderbolt, MT4G, Nexus S (4G) Droid X/X2, DInc 2/S, HTC Sensation, Samsung Infuse, EVO 3D, SGSII

Use coupon code HoFo for 15% OFF your order

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 0mie View Post
    I usually use 5-7GB of data a month, this month I used over 10GB...this is on my line alone, all 5 of my lines total have used ~25GB this month. I'm sooooo glad I only pay $10 for UNLIMITED DATA on each line
    Jesus, what do you do with your phone 0mie?? You must have a couple spare car batteries and a charger at all times. hahaha!

Device(s)
    Droid 3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing. I'm an IT guy who gets upwards of 50-60 e-mails per day and I don't use that much data. Then again, when I'm at home I generally use an ipad2 or laptop for surfing and such, and my phone just sits around, I'm not watching youtube or anything on it all the time.

D3 status report - finally charging seems to be working OK, it was down at 40% forever (After starting at 60%) and now has made its way back up to 60%.

The camera seems to be working now as well, not sure what its damage was before. Once I have time to activate it and transfer stuff over I will get some shots with it and post them up so people can scrutinize camera quality. Probably won't be until later this evening though.

Device(s)
    Droid 3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Further thoughts - the newest gingerblur is fairly slick. Unlike the terrible leaked version on D2, arranging icons on homescreen doesn't feel like kicking oneself in the balls. There are some nifty animations as you drag things around, and there is a very "droid-like" grid laid over the screen along with indicators to help you understand that you can drag things from one homescreen to the next. Speed isn't bad at all either, even with all of the slick animations going on. Second core must be helping. I don't have all of my usual apps and widgets going though, so we'll see if this stays fast once more stuff is in RAM.

Quality on the front camera is better than I expected, at least based on looking at myself onscreen. (Haven't actually taken any shots yet.)

Anyone know if the stores are supposed to have accessories yet, or if they won't until the 14th? I want to pick up the home/multimedia dock but I always like to get hands-on first.

Device(s)
    Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for all of the info, bradenmcg, keep em coming if you can. I still haven't ordered mine, was hoping to see it first, but your experience is good enough. How does it feel to know you have the entire D3 audience hanging on your every word?

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenmcg View Post
    It definitely feels slightly heavier than the D2, I think maybe due to a more substantial slider mechanism, the additional camera, and more glass. While they are pretty close in size, the D3 is wider. If you're coming from a Dx, it is almost the same width and height, just thicker (held it up to my coworker's X).
    What did you coworker say when he saw you taking all these pictures of a cell phone at your desk? Hopefully he's nerd enough to understand.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid 3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike8519 View Post
    I have seen multiple references to free overnight shipping when ordered online, why did I have to pay $13 for it?

EDIT: just looked at vzw and see it has a free overnight shipping notice up now and is 199.99. Bought it at 189.99. With $13 shipping, so I paid a couple bucks more, oh well
    I paid $8, but I got the device for $149...

Feedback Score
    I exchanged my DX2 (literally upgraded yesterday) for a D3 this morning. It should be here tomorrow by noon.

I'm quite disappointed by the locked bootloader. Moto's recent statements gave me hope that the D3 and Bionic might simply come with unlocked bootloaders, seeing as they "want" to unlock their product catalog by late-2011. Seems like it would've made more sense to just start unlocked, but apparently not.

The RAM is a bit disappointing. I would've loved 768M or 1G of RAM, but I'll live I suppose. Moto is going to have a hard time competing with the Galaxy S2 if they don't get with the program.

Feedback Score
    I'm guessing that 0mie doesn't have wifi anywhere nearby.

Feedback Score
    All I know is that this is replacing my original droid which has so many gremlins in it I can start up AMC.

Device(s)
    Droid 3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tjmonkey15 View Post
    What did you coworker say when he saw you taking all these pictures of a cell phone at your desk? Hopefully he's nerd enough to understand.
    You met him, didn't you? It's the older guy who sits back here with me, not my boss. He doesn't really give a crap. He actually wasn't in the office when I took the pics. I showed him the new one and held it up next to his Dx for size comparison. (again, to those not in the know, tjmonkey is my brother.)

Moto should make a Droid Y as well, and then you can have a Dy/Dx and feel like you are doing calculus derivatives.

Once again, the Market refuses to pull down all of my apps - this has happened with past phones as well though, so I can't fault the Droid3 here. Maybe if I do a wipe and setup from scratch now that the phone has been activated, that will do the trick... To clarify, my purchased market apps are showing up, but the list of free apps that i've downloaded on my D2 aren't auto-downloading on the D3 the way I thought they should.

Locked bootloader makes me sad, but honestly the new blur isn't all that bad. I'm actually starting to like their Corp e-mail app as it has some features in it that aren't in the stock Android load. I want it to be rooted though, it has stupid CityID and a bunch of VCast junk preloaded that needs to go.

Feedback Score
    By the way, monoprice.com has great deals on the micro hdmi cable that you need for this thing.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast