Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LG800G / Tracfone -- how to transfer pics from phone to PC?

Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

LG800G / Tracfone -- how to transfer pics from phone to PC?

I used a Kindle cable to connect my new LG800G to my PC. Computer recognizes the external storage & even sees the phone's folders, but the folders appear to be empty when I look at them on my PC. But there are a bunch of pics on the phone.

Do I need some software to access the files on my phone? Anyone know where to find it? Looking around & so far Tracfone CS has not been able to help me. And the user guide is not helpful.

thanks for any advice!

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by marie901 View Post
    I used a Kindle cable to connect my new LG800G to my PC. Computer recognizes the external storage & even sees the phone's folders, but the folders appear to be empty when I look at them on my PC. But there are a bunch of pics on the phone.

Do I need some software to access the files on my phone? Anyone know where to find it? Looking around & so far Tracfone CS has not been able to help me. And the user guide is not helpful.

thanks for any advice!
    Is your PC set up with Bluetooth? If so here is the procedure:
    http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/s...S&deviceId=718

Click on "home" (above the instructions) for the full tutorials page.

Phone
    LG840G
    Carrier
    Tracfone (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by marie901 View Post

thanks for any advice!
    I bet your pics are on the phone's internal memory and not on the external memory card. When you hook up like this all you see is what's on the external microSD card, you cannot see or access what's on the phone's memory. It is possible however to move the pics from the phone's internal memory to the external memory card. Click on the Folder widget on the main screen (or "My Stuff" from the Settings screen), then at the top, look at the tabs - click on the middle one to view the phone's memory contents. Now click on the lower left "notebook-like" icon and then click "Move" and then select the pics you want to move, then click Move. Now it should be highlighting the right tab - the external memory - so choose the folder you want to move the pics to, or create a new folder, or just use the current folder. That's it. Now you will be able to access these pics via the computer/USB cable method because they are now on the microSD card.

Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Thank you! That's exactly what I ended up doing -- all set now. I set the camera so that future pics are stored on the external card.

Feedback Score
    How did you set camera for future pic?

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    signman60,
    To set the camera to store pictures on the external card by default open the camera, tap the sprocket on the lower left, hit the down arrow to page down, and tap on select storage so it shows the external card. If you want videos to store on the external card also by default you have to switch to the video camera and change the storage setting there as well. This phone has 3 settings for external memory, one under camera, one under video, and the one under Tools/Settings/Phone/Memory Info/Primary Storage Setting, confusing ain't it. Hope that helps.

Feedback Score
    Got it. Thanks much.

Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    You guys saved me a lot of frustration! srt8mro's answer as to how to upload photos to a PC was just what I needed. Also Bobby Lee's directions on how to set the default memory to external.

THANKS GUYS!

Feedback Score
    I just got an LG800g trackfone, and I installed a micro chip, ad tried following the instructions , by bobby lee to change storage locations, but am having no luck. My sprocket, is on the lower right side, and when i tap it,it brings up settings, and under that heading , is:display, phone, call, touch, and sim app., and no down arrow.any other ideas, on how I might access the storage function ?

Phone
    LG840G
    Carrier
    Tracfone (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pickgetter View Post
    I just got an LG800g trackfone, and I installed a micro chip, ad tried following the instructions , by bobby lee to change storage locations, but am having no luck. My sprocket, is on the lower right side, and when i tap it,it brings up settings, and under that heading , is:display, phone, call, touch, and sim app., and no down arrow.any other ideas, on how I might access the storage function ?
    When you first bring up the camera, look on the left - there are three icons - a zoom icon, a brightness icon, and then the settings icon at the bottom left. Click the settings icon (kind of looks like a sprocket). Now you should see a screen full of more icons - look at the far right - you should see at the top right the OK button, and below that, arrows with the 1/3 in between. Click the lower arrow once to get to the 2/3 view of icons. Now you should see on the top set of icons the "select storage" icon - click this - it is a toggle, and it lets you choose either the phone (displayed as a phone icon) or the memory card (displayed as a memory card icon) as the storage device. When you make your choice, then click OK. Then if you are done using the camera, just click the End button on the bottom of the phone. That should do it. Of course, this assumes you have a micro SD card properly installed in the phone.

Now if you want videos stored on the memory card as well, then you have to do this same procedure - except that you need to first toggle the camera into video camera mode - then follow the same steps as above.

Feedback Score
    when I go to my stuff ,click on the upper, center icon, up comes defult images, and defult sounds, then clicking the lower left icon(notebook)it brings up add folder. That'a as far as i can get. move never comes up. I'm stuck. I did transfir the pics, by removing the sd card, but thats a pain in the butt. gotta be a better way

Carrier
    tracfone
    Feedback Score
    when I go to my stuff ,click on the upper, center icon, up comes defult images, and defult sounds, then clicking the lower left icon(notebook)it brings up add folder. That'a as far as i can get. move never comes up. I'm stuck. I did transfir the pics, by removing the sd card, but thats a pain in the butt. gotta be a better way
    I got frustrated too but found I was leaving out a step cuz I was in a hurry. I also noticed that if you feel stuck -click on the pic you want to move and see if MOVE comes up then. Or just email yourself the pic. It costs a minute but sometimes ina pinch its worth it. Brian, North Carolina USA

Phone
    LG840G
    Carrier
    Tracfone (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    After you click on that notebook icon, and you see that screen that shows "Add Folder" at the top, right underneath "Add folder" should be "Move." Click on "Move" and then you are taken to a screen that lets you select items to move. You probably won't see the option to Move if you don't have a micro SD card properly installed...

Carrier
    tracfone
    Feedback Score

Thanks and love this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by srt8mro View Post
    After you click on that notebook icon, and you see that screen that shows "Add Folder" at the top, right underneath "Add folder" should be "Move." Click on "Move" and then you are taken to a screen that lets you select items to move. You probably won't see the option to Move if you don't have a micro SD card properly installed...
    Between srt8mro and pickgetter I finally studied what you wrote and got my pics and a 9 second video clip onto the PC. I just need to do it enough times so it becomes an easy habit. THANK YOU so much! Brian, Charlotte NC

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by srt8mro View Post
    I bet your pics are on the phone's internal memory and not on the external memory card. When you hook up like this all you see is what's on the external microSD card, you cannot see or access what's on the phone's memory. It is possible however to move the pics from the phone's internal memory to the external memory card. Click on the Folder widget on the main screen (or "My Stuff" from the Settings screen), then at the top, look at the tabs - click on the middle one to view the phone's memory contents. Now click on the lower left "notebook-like" icon and then click "Move" and then select the pics you want to move, then click Move. Now it should be highlighting the right tab - the external memory - so choose the folder you want to move the pics to, or create a new folder, or just use the current folder. That's it. Now you will be able to access these pics via the computer/USB cable method because they are now on the microSD card.
    I have completed all of your instructions but the pics did not transfer to the SD card. I checked the card on another device to verify that it works. On the phone there is an icom for the SD card with an X over it.
    Do you know if that could be a problem and how would I fix it? Thanks for your help ~ AnMa

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast