Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Can I use HTC Thunderbolt with Page Plus?

Feedback Score

Can I use HTC Thunderbolt with Page Plus?

I purchased the phone after being told by a rep that it would work, then I was told it may not...does anyone know if this phone can work with Page Plus?

Carrier
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    With the sim card I dont think so... Correct me if I am wrong but I dont think P+ has support for that right now?
    Home ISP, RR-Ultimate WiFi, $90/mo | Verizon 4G, $30/mo Unlimited

School, $5,000/semester | Work

Carriers
    ATT,
    Feedback Score
    Its a world phone right? It should work just fine on the CDMA side if its Verizon branded. You'd get no GSM coverage though

Holly Hill, South Carolina, United States
    Carrier
    Pageplus
    Feedback Score
    If I am not mistaken I read somewhere that it won't work because it's 4G. Even if it is Verzion service.

Feedback Score

Talked to pageplus today and no

Pageplus rep told me today that verizon added one too many numbers to the meid on the thunderbolt. It won't work she says.
    I was just about to get one.
    Now I hear that some programmers can fix that but it is a very gray area they say.

Feedback Score
    Thank you to everyone for the responses, I appreciate it....

I was told by a person at Page Plus Direct . com that there is huge possibility that it can work...I sure hope so.

slrrls~ So you heard that some programmers can fix the (1) to many added numbers so it will work, But it is a gray area, what do you mean by that......I think you meant it is (iffy) that it can be done, correct??

Feedback Score
    It is a gray area in legality.

Carrier
    Page Plus x 2 lines
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by slrrls View Post
    Pageplus rep told me today that verizon added one too many numbers to the meid on the thunderbolt. .
    (facepalm) a MEID in hex is 14 digits. Period.
    You cant just "add too many numbers"

PS, if you ever see a MEID with 15 digits (generally only seen on box labels, or repair paperwork) you drop the last digit, its just a checksum... the phone's barcode should only have 14 digits, and only 14 digits are stored in the phone's software or transmitted to the network.
    Disclaimer: If this is an answer to a TECHNICAL QUESTION, then MY ANSWER is correct, even if its contradicting something that a tech support rep, or anyone else said. I am not giving you the answer YOU WANT, I'll give you the answer I know is CORRECT.
    If this is about CARRIER POLICY, then you should probably be aware that carriers change their policy unexpectedly, and inexplicably. Even if the answer is correct when posted, it could very well be wrong in a day, or week.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by slrrls View Post
    It is a gray area in legality.
    Thunderbolt use IMEI numbers because they have a sim card. They do not have MEID numbers.

It is not a gray area. It is against US Federal law to modify or change an any on a cellular device, unless you are an authorized repair facility.

Carrier
    Page Plus x 2 lines
    Feedback Score
    1. "world phones" have both a IMEI and a MEID or ESN. The CDMA side of the device has the CDMA identifier, most likely a MEID on a newer device. The MEID is the number that page plus would activate, not the IMEI.

2. It is not against federal law to modify or change an ESN/MEID/IMEI on a cellular device. It IS against federal law (18 USC 1029, sec 7) to modify or change an ESN/MEID/IMEI for the purpose of committing fraud, including to defraud the carrier.

Stop perpetuating incorrect information, and straying off topic.

The topic is "can i activate a thunderbolt"

the answer is "beats the heck out of us. apparently 4g phones are unofficially banned, but feel free to try and get back to us"

Feedback Score
    Gee thats odd. Every time the topic of modifying an esn on a device is brought up here... The mods squash it as illegal.

And... Modifying aesn to get it onto a network where it is not allowed currently would certainly seem like an attempt to defraud to me. Imho.

Give it time. Verizon will rebuild their mvno system to accomodate 4g devices. Until then, continue at your own risk.

Carrier
    Page Plus x 2 lines
    Feedback Score
    Its not the modifying thats illegal. Its the use to defraud thats illegal.
    changing the esn of a device so that you can use a smartphone on a non-smartphone plan, saving money = defraud = illegal
    changing the esn of a device so that you can use a phone that was previously blacklisted = defraud = illegal
    selling/offering software to change the esn of the device is also illegal if the end user's reason is to defraud.

The rules of this forum, and the moderator's actions err on the side of protecting the forum from allowing illegal activity, and i stand behind it, however blindly posting misinformation about what the law actually says doesnt help anyone.

Also, we werent talking about changing the ESN to allow the device, the person asked if they could change a "wrong" esn with "one too many digits"... which is just stupid misinformation from a CS rep that someone blindly believed as the truth. Nobody actually said anything about changing the ESN to allow activation.

So, back on topic AGAIN: Unless theres a written policy that specifically disallows a MVNO from activating a 4G device, the only thing we can tell the OP is "try it and see, then report back your results"

Feedback Score
    I too would like to know if this works

Sent from my DROIDX

Feedback Score
    HTC thunderbolt works on page plus. you DO NOT have to change, modify or tamper with the esn for it to work. How do I know? I am using one right now on pageplus everything works (expect 4G of course).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by winner88 View Post
    HTC thunderbolt works on page plus. you DO NOT have to change, modify or tamper with the esn for it to work. How do I know? I am using one right now on pageplus everything works (expect 4G of course).
    What did you have to provide to pp to get them to add the phone? Any tips for dealing with activation?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast