Page 53 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorola Droid Bionic "Targa" XT875 pre-release thread - Part 2

Phone
    DROID X, iPhone 3G (...Prepaid AT&T)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fone sex View Post
    Much larger than the Bionic but approx same size screen, 13 MP cam
    13mp? Bet that camera will take terrible pics!

Phones
    Motorola Droid Bonic XT875
    Motorola Droid A855
    Palm Pixi Plus (backup/fun)
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ark6 View Post
    13mp? Bet that camera will take terrible pics!
    Depends.

Nokia N8 has a 13MP camera and it takes amazing photos. Same with some Japanese cell phone cameras.

Depends on how well made it is.

As for the Bionic. I still want it, but since it's coming out in Septemeber, if there are other LTE phones coming soon (like in September) that meet my requirements I will hold off and see how they compare.

Feedback Score
    please moto put xenon flash on some of yours high end devices...

does anyone from insiders know if some cameraphone with xenon is planned (maybe successor to xt720)?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ark6 View Post
    The same reason that 3G is more power hungry than a 2G chip. The high speeds come from a stronger signal, and stronger signals will require more energy to go with them.
    Define "stronger"... Are you trying to say the signal requires more power? I'm sure it does, but if the gen 2 chips are going to use less power then I am sure that is not the only issue (I'm thinking data processing etc). Any new technology takes a while to perfect.

I'm glad Motorola is producing more of their own parts. They should... I hope the can turn a profit soon. They used to be HUGE in that market, hell we still used the 68k in my undergrad program (sad I know, but I have to say I learned A LOT from that project)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sailorcancer View Post
    Depends.

Nokia N8 has a 13MP camera and it takes amazing photos. Same with some Japanese cell phone cameras.

Depends on how well made it is.

As for the Bionic. I still want it, but since it's coming out in Septemeber, if there are other LTE phones coming soon (like in September) that meet my requirements I will hold off and see how they compare.
    Those from NOKIA and other at 12-13mp that have good pictures have MUCH bigger sensors than standard cellphones and some are even bigger sensors than most consumer point and shoots, but can still fit in the phone so long as they have a simple fixed focal length lens. These would tend to be even better shooters themselves, particularly in low light, if they had hunted down high grade huge sensor 8-10mp sensors.

Take a look such highly regarded pocket cams as the Panasonic LX5, Canon S95, and Canon S95 these cams are more spendy than about any other small cams, have higher grade, but SHORTER zoom lenses, and are less MP at 10mp, but have an even bigger sensor than average at 1/1.7"-1/1.6" or so. And BTW, they all take WAY better pictures than any 12-16mp consumer P&S. The only ones that are similar grade are the 10-12mp backlit 1/2.3" sensor.

BTW, read Anandtech's Droid 3 review an it apparently is using an 8mp backlit sensor of the same brand as the iPhone 4. It's a small 1/3.?" sensor as most smartphones though. A bit bigger 8mp sensor in a phone would be amazing and the Bionic has a hump probably as thick as the D3 while it has no physical keyboard so we might have a slightly bigger, but still 8mp sensor there!

Feedback Score
    This waiting **** is getting old. This phone will be considered outdated within weeks at this point. Anyone gave a clue if this thing can even stay competitive when its released? I have a feeling many are gonna pass on the bionic at this point for other offerings. Sight unseen, this rumored nexus prime device is sounding better and better.

sent from my broken phone

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I am tired of waiting, but what can be done. Winston said it is up to Verizon for the release date. I am unwilling to hold out many more months of speculative phonesz.

Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    All this waiting is sort of our own faults for believing (even if only a little) the August and July release dates being thrown around. If we would have been thinking "September" all along, I feel like the wait wouldn't seem as bad. It's worse when you think it's coming sooner, then find out, oh wait, it's not.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tjmonkey15 View Post
    All this waiting is sort of our own faults for believing (even if only a little) the August and July release dates being thrown around. If we would have been thinking "September" all along, I feel like the wait wouldn't seem as bad. It's worse when you think it's coming sooner, then find out, oh wait, it's not.
    I bet august 3rd was when moto was done and ready to ship the phones. Now just have to wait for verizon, probably to set up done massive ad campaign

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldheld View Post
    I am tired of waiting, but what can be done. Winston said it is up to Verizon for the release date. I am unwilling to hold out many more months of speculative phonesz.
    Think he meant specific day is upto them. Doubting it could be released in August if Moto wanted. 1st, second or third week of september is probably a VZW call or something to that effect though.

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    As of now any Thursday in September is fair game for release. Perhaps the August 4th date was the Motorola shipping date?

Feedback Score
    If I were to guess on the August 4 rumors that was probably a date planned once they didn't have this chip ready for Etna and decided to focus efforts on Targa. Apparently though this chip will not be fully ready until September or I would think we would be atleast seeing the Xoom in August. And it's probably not exactly the chip specifically so much as it'll be September before VZW has fully vetted devices with it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldheld View Post
    As of now any Thursday in September is fair game for release. Perhaps the August 4th date was the Motorola shipping date?
    No people were just making crap up as they went along and then the desperate began to make up stories about reps and sources hinting around that it was coming. I read things about training materials and call centers it got ridiculous.

Beside the fact that Winston said it wouldn't be out, there were obvious signs it was not coming out in July/August but people ignored it and spun wild tales of secrecy like it was a top secret project being kept under wraps.

Serves them right for feeling letdown maybe next time they will think clearly instead of being taken hostage by false rumors and hype. Seems now a days any yoyo can post a piece of info based on their own wishful thinking and everyone runs with it.

Feedback Score
    3 year reader 1st time poster...I have a very close friend I talk to who works inside Verizon and gets info well b4 the general public...she's under NDA so she don't give me specifics on anything but she does give up a little bit...she always say she doesn't want to lose her job, but I try my best to squeeze info from her

I still have my OG Droid and she hates it, so she asked me about 2 weeks ago when am I using my upgrade and I told her I'm waiting on the Bionic to come out, and I asked her have they started training on it yet...she said no, and I called it bullsh**...but she swore they didn't and said when she find out info she would let me know

Well today she called me and said ur phone will be coming out soon...I said when? And she said September...I said when in September but she refused to tell me the exact date...she said she think its gonna be at towards the middle or end of September...once she said that I flipped out

So then she says...yeah they called us into a meeting last week and introduced another Bionic and said it will be here such a such date in September blah blah blah...So I knew right there she knew the exact date but didn't want to tell me, and she just kept saying I don't know the date...

So I kept telling her she was lying and she finally said let's just say around my b-day...well her b-day is 9/9 and I told her she lying cuz Verizon releases phones on Thursdays and I heard 9/1...her b-day falls on a Friday so if anything it would be 9/8...any questions feel free to ask me and I will try my hardest to get info from her

Phones
    DROID X2
    HTC Arrive, Droid X
    enV Touch, Motorola Razr2 v9m
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rideflat View Post
    This waiting **** is getting old. This phone will be considered outdated within weeks at this point. Anyone gave a clue if this thing can even stay competitive when its released? I have a feeling many are gonna pass on the bionic at this point for other offerings. Sight unseen, this rumored nexus prime device is sounding better and better.

sent from my broken phone
    how is it going to be even close to outdated?
    all of the other phones will be catching up to it.. its the first lte dualcore.. there is nothing to outdate it until second gen lte or quad cores come out

and then it still would be a great phone

Page 53 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 103 ... LastLast