View Poll Results: Sprint Going to Buy out Metro Pcs

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Maybe

4 33.33%
  • ******** !

8 66.67%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sprint Going to Buy out Metro Pcs ?

Feedback Score

Exclamation Sprint Going to Buy out Metro Pcs ?

Hi,

I have heard Sprint is going to buy out Metro Pcs.

What do you Think ?

Carriers
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    I doubt it

Phone
    LG Connect 4G
    Carrier
    Ghetto PCS
    Feedback Score
    nahh, but it would be much better than say, Verizon buys Metro.

Phones
    HTC Evo [Afflicted Evo 2.3.3]
    Htc EVO
    Htc Sensation 4G
    Carriers
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    rumors all rumors until there are cold hard facts who cares.
    Code Name: L0GiC4L 3ViL
    Quote: "Make love not war... Contribute dont leech.My insane logic gets the job done..."
    Latest Exploits:
    evo full flash (yes mms works), samsung intercept web (ask around), moto droid full flash
    Next Hijack: AFFLICTION ROM

11/4 3000th post

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Seems unlikely after how hard they are fighting the AT&T-Mobile buy out.

Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I said this a while back .. it would give them a jump in LTE

Sent from my PC36100 using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    No. Sprint has like a billion sub carriers already ... theres no benefit ... Verizon buying Metro is more believable to me.

Phone
    Nexus 5 (LG-D820), Galaxy Nexus GT-i9250
    Carriers
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wakoboy View Post
    Hi,

I have heard Sprint is going to buy out Metro Pcs.

What do you Think ?
    If Sprint buys anyone it will be Leap/Cricket. They already have a complex financial relationship where Cricket has to pay Sprint a percentage of every new customer they get. Cricket has their own 3G CDMA network and are getting LTE (about a year later than Metro) and have full 3G nationwide roaming agreement with Sprint (unlike Metro's agreement with Sprint which is anonymous 100k).

Would make sense to fold Cricket in as a fully owned subsidiary, like Virgin Mobile. But Virgin is already Sprint's "budget" brand. So, if Cricket got bought it might actually disappear as a brand.
    Your creed may be interesting, but your deeds are much more convincing.

Phone
    LG Esteem
    Carrier
    Metro PCS
    Feedback Score
    well don't think it won't happend but i would assume metro would decline as they are doing good in there own market..

Phones
    samsung SCH-i220
    apple iPhone
    Carriers
    metropcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joshuaH22a View Post
    well don't think it won't happend but i would assume metro would decline as they are doing good in there own market..
    Page 3 of the 3 May 2011 financial report shows their profit (EBITDA) is 27.2% ($285 million on q1 2011). The difference between cost per unit and average revenue per unit is 51%. I'd say they are not losing money in the last 12 months.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External...xUeXBlPTM=&t=1

Unless Sprint came up with a heck of a deal (>$35/share) I don't see the benefit of MetroPCS shareholders to sell.
    paul k. sanchez

Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    I think it would be more a case of Metro waiting till the right moment when Spring off-loads some of their debt after the government pays them for iDEN, and Metro either buys, or merges with Sprint. Metro has a TON of cash, and Sprint's damn near broke and still losing customers. Metro could buy, if 'ole Rogers could stay in control, and he could steer that company out of the depths of ****-dom. Sell off Clear, and stop pissing customers off, and move towards LTE, and thy could be a real force to be reckoned with.

But, I do think Metro is making an effort to shop themselves around. I think ti's the reasoning behind forcing the dealers to have planograms, suction cups instead of tape for window posters, cleaning stores up etc. Not that it's a bad thing, but it's all about branding, and if you want to make yourself look ripe to be purchased.....

Carrier
    Metro PCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kendogg41 View Post
    I think it would be more a case of Metro waiting till the right moment when Spring off-loads some of their debt after the government pays them for iDEN, and Metro either buys, or merges with Sprint. Metro has a TON of cash, and Sprint's damn near broke and still losing customers. Metro could buy, if 'ole Rogers could stay in control, and he could steer that company out of the depths of ****-dom. Sell off Clear, and stop pissing customers off, and move towards LTE, and thy could be a real force to be reckoned with.

But, I do think Metro is making an effort to shop themselves around. I think ti's the reasoning behind forcing the dealers to have planograms, suction cups instead of tape for window posters, cleaning stores up etc. Not that it's a bad thing, but it's all about branding, and if you want to make yourself look ripe to be purchased.....
    Or if you just want to make your stores look like a place that a customer would want to walk into....

I don't think this happens ...no way!! Not when At&t is going to be merging with T mobile. That instantly vaults Metro into the 4th largest carrier in the country.

With Verizon's new tiered data plans coming, lots of new customers coming Metro's way and that translates into $$$$$.

As for everyone panicking that Roger Lindquist was selling off over 45,000 shares of his stock in Metro... I say don't panic, he owns over 7,000,000 shares!!

Phones
    LG G3
    LG G3
    Apple iPhone 5s
    Carriers
    Cricket Wireless
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    as metro grew bigger, he legally had to sell of some of his shares, as being a CEO its illegal to actually own a majority stake in the company you control (depsnds on the size of the business, employees and profit and such)
    Couldn't have said it better myself, very great analogy:
    Quote Originally Posted by ChazzMatt View Post
    But if the question is "Will my non-LTE phone magically increase in speed while on the MetroPCS network, since MetroPCS has turned on their faster LTE network?" -- the answer is no. Just like back in the 60's, the old black and white CRT TV's could not magically receive color broadcasts just because the networks started broadcasting in color. You had to have a new color TV to receive the wondrous color TV shows.

Phone
    Nexus 5 (LG-D820), Galaxy Nexus GT-i9250
    Carriers
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by QuestKev View Post
    as metro grew bigger, he legally had to sell of some of his shares,
    as being a CEO its illegal to actually own a majority stake in the company you control
    (depsnds on the size of the business, employees and profit and such)
    QuestKev, I'm sorry but that's just not true. I don't know where you got your information from, but it's incorrect.

1) CEO Roger Linquist -- who is just a hired hand -- does not now nor never has owned a majority stake in MetroPCS.

According to several respected financial sources, MetroPCS has 358.76 million shares outstanding,

http://www.thestreet.com/quote/PCS.html
    https://www.google.com/finance?client=ob&q=NYSE:PCS
    http://investing.money.msn.com/inves...ice?symbol=PCS

and Linquist -- who has been an "officer" of the company since 2004, owns just 7 million shares.

http://www.gurufocus.com/news/136322...s-47500-shares

Divide 7 (million) / 359 (million) and you will see the percentage of the company that he owns. Miniscule. He owns less than 2% of the company.

Compare that to Google co-founders s Larry Page and Sergey Brin who jointly own 59% of that public multi-billion dollar company.

https://allthingsd.com/20100122/goog...er-five-years/

Over the next five years they are cashing out some billions -- not because they are forced to, but because that's the only way they will see some real wealth instead of just "on paper". They are going from 59% to 48%. Bill Gates periodically did the same thing with his Microsoft stock -- sold batches of stock -- otherwise all his "wealth" was locked into the stock.

2) I've never heard of any law forcing CEOs to sell stock in companies (large or small) they control. I'm not saying there is not such a law, but I can't find it. I do have a degree in business but I work more in media technical operations, so maybe some law was passed in the past few years of which I am not aware. Still, I'm skeptical. I remember many moguls like Ted Turner that owned majority stakes in the companies they controlled. Richard Branson owns 51% of Virgin Air (as of Feb 2011)

=============

But yes, knowing Linquist still owns 7 million shares and has sold only 90,000 in 2011 (so far) shows he's not "dumping" his shares. He's just exercising his option to some supplemental income. The share price has gone up due to Metro's success -- for which he can claim a lot of credit -- and he's cashing in on it.
    Last edited by ChazzMatt; 07-12-2011 at 12:35 PM.

Phones
    LG G3
    LG G3
    Apple iPhone 5s
    Carriers
    Cricket Wireless
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    ever hear of anti-trust, and the SEC and FTO? the SEC and the FTO are the law for major compaines. they are the reason why CEO's own less then a certain amount. if they fail to do so, when yearly and quartery numbers come in, they can be held in violation.

this information is from when I was going to get a business law degree, but then realized how f'd up major corporations and the like, are, and I refused to go any further. that information is almost 10 years old, and a lot has changed, especially econmically, so my info may be a little old.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast