Thread: Samsung Fascinate on Straight Talk Network???

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Samsung Fascinate on Straight Talk Network???

Does anyone know if the Samsung Fascinate will work on the Straight Talk network? If it will work, does anyone know how to get it on the network?

Thank You In Advanced,

Rachael

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I found a website that you can buy the phone from and the phone comes ready for Straight Talk, but I'd like to do it myself to save money if it's possible. http://www.buy-androidphones.com/sam...-norcross-400/

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    That is a Verizon phone. You cannot get it on ST. If you did get it activated with ST Verizon service they would quickly see that it is using data at rate much greater than any of their phones can achieve, you would stick out immediately

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    So you have to use AT&T or Straight Talk phones. What about unlocked phones? They will not work?

Phones
    Samsung Captivate
    Samsung Captivate
    Samsung 455C
    Carrier
    StraightTalk
    Feedback Score
    AT&T phone with a Nokia E71 or 6790 sim from a straight talk phone and you are golden. You don't even have to get UNLOCKED AT&T phones.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondagirl View Post
    So you have to use AT&T or Straight Talk phones. What about unlocked phones? They will not work?
    They wont work if they do not have the correct radio frequency transmitter/receiver built into the phone for the AT&T tower`s signals.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Ok. Thank you both!

Carriers
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score

Yes you can "flash" a Fascinate to Straight Talk

People above have it about half right. If you use a ton of data on your phone while on straight talk you probably will be flagged, but that is all they got right.

You can buy a CDMA straight talk phone. Theres an LG one from walmart that is only $20. Straight talk is trying to discourage new CDMA registrations by limiting the stock of CDMA phones in stores, but you can still get them. For their CDMA network straight talk uses Verizon. For their GSM phones they use AT&T. The straight talk model phones that end in C are CDMA and the phones that end in G are GSM.

Ok, so how to do it. You'll have to change the ESN on the Fascinate to the straight talk CDMA phone you bought. Now before people make a huge kerfuffle about this being illegal... Its not. You own both phones and you will only being using one of them on the network. After you change the ESN on the Fascinate you should pretty much just destroy the phone you bought. If you turn that phone on you'll be banned on the straight talk network.

So if you know how to change an ESN on the Fascinate you are pretty much all set. Register your MEID online and add your card. Then call *22890 and activate the phone. Make a phone call and press 1. Hang up and everything should be all set to go.

Here is a video on youtube on changing the ESN on a Fascinate. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOC13wkGlvQ

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Thank you very much, Kyle! I am still trying to pick a phone...I'm thinking of switching to Family Mobile. Anybody tried it yet?

Feedback Score
    I have followed the steps from this post as well as others. In the end, I can send and receive text msgs. and receive phone calls. However, I cannot place calls or use any kind of data. Any suggestions or help, please? - Thanks.