Thread: LG 800g no seeing JAR files on SD card...How to install them ?

Phones
    LG 800 G Just got
    LG 800 G
    Had a Samsung Moment
    Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

Cool LG 800g no seeing JAR files on SD card...How to install them ?

Just got my LG800g home a few days ago and am playing around with it. I'm aware off the texting problems...a non-issue for me since -gasp- I don't text .

What I find I do need some help on is getting the phone to 'see' the free .jar files I loaded onto it from my computer. I put the apps (and games) into the 'games and apps' folder. Computer sees em but the phone doesn't. The phone DOES see one app I bought from TF's app store. It also sees the .txt files I loaded into the docs folder, which makes me happy.

If I can see the files, I figure then I click on them to install them ? That would seem logical.

Then again, this is an unholy cross between a computer and a telephone, so I guess anything is possible.

TIA,

Kayty

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    kayty,
    Just my thoughts from playing with so many of these phones but try to put the .jar files in the Other folder, that's where my .jar files tend to go. See if you can see them when they are in the Other folder, run them from there, then it should ask where to install the program .... that's when you specify to install in the Game & Apps folder. Hope that works for you.

Side note/Where I'm coming from: When I transfer .jar files to my LG900G via bluetooth or download it automatically puts them in the Other folder. I go to the Other folder, find the .jar file I want to install, and run the install from there then it asks if I want to install to the Games or Apps folder. Maybe the phone won't recognize the .jar file unless it is in the folder it expects it to be in. I also put a PDF document in the Other folder playing around and the phone wouldn't show it was there even though it was.

Phones
    LG 800 G Just got
    LG 800 G
    Had a Samsung Moment
    Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Thanx Bobby, also thanx to Rob 3235 who had the same info elsewhere.

Put .jar files into other folder, phone saw it, loaded them, happy Me.