Thread: Messages suddenly won't send or receive...

Feedback Score

Messages suddenly won't send or receive...

I was texting my friend, and all of a sudden when I tried to send a message, it says message sending failed, retry? It doesn't send, and I can't receive texts either. I've never had a problem with my phone, why has this happened just now? Any thoughts would be apprectiated

Phones
    Motorola Atrix 2
    HTC Inspire 4G
    Motorola Atrix 4G
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Can you make calls?

Feedback Score
    I suspect corrupted text message files.

There are various ways to straighten that out depending on the phone, memory options and so forth.

Feedback Score
    no, but I think I know what the problem is. When I first got the phone, for some reason it came from the factory with the wrong sim card in it. They sent a new one, which I promptly activated and now use, and then a couple days later they sent a second. It's a different sim number, so I think that's the one I should try in my phone... are you in a agreement?

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobthebuilder23 View Post
    no, but I think I know what the problem is. When I first got the phone, for some reason it came from the factory with the wrong sim card in it. They sent a new one, which I promptly activated and now use, and then a couple days later they sent a second. It's a different sim number, so I think that's the one I should try in my phone... are you in a agreement?
    Could you provide the phone and all SIM model numbers?

Feedback Score

phone is working again...?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    Could you provide the phone and all SIM model numbers?
    why can you check the validity?
    phone:
    current sim: 890 141 032 141 129 986 36
    other sim: 890 141 032 141 162 593 16

also, I turned my phone on this morning and suddenly got all the messages I missed. I sent a message to my friend and it said sent successfully. Am I dreaming or could this actually happen?
    Last edited by martin_j001; 07-13-2011 at 12:46 PM. Reason: removed users phone imei from post

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobthebuilder23 View Post
    why can you check the validity?

current sim: 890 141
    other sim: 890 141

also, I turned my phone on this morning and suddenly got all the messages I missed. I sent a message to my friend and it said sent successfully. Am I dreaming or could this actually happen?
    Both SIM`s are for AT&T, there is no difference between the two. You should not have to make any more changes.
    Also, you posted the wrong numbers in their entirety, only post complete model numbers.

Carrier
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    ^^Tracfancier is correct, the number you posted for "phone: ...." is the phones IMEI number, which you should not share with others. They were asking for the phone model number in the earlier post, not the IMEI number.

Become a Premium Member
    Want to use a referral link in your signature, support the forums by becoming a Premium Member!
    Have you read the forum rules lately?
    If you have a problem with a post for any reason, please report it rather than responding to it, and a moderator will be along shortly.

Phone
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    American Telephone & Telegraph Company
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by martin_j001 View Post
    ^^Tracfancier is correct, the number you posted for "phone: ...." is the phones IMEI number, which you should not share with others. They were asking for the phone model number in the earlier post, not the IMEI number.
    It's much more of a risk to post an ICCID, as that is tied to a particular wireless account. There's really nothing that can be done with an IMEI, it only identifies a phone, not an account or an individual.

PRL Interpretations
    XFF's AlphaTag software
    Cellular and PCS License Maps
    Quote Originally Posted by gpatrick900
    I am a little confused. My Verizon phone was able to roam on GSM because they used TDMA. Tell it was shutdown. The phone recognizes it as Analog. If PCS has TDMA, It could be technically be used on GSM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabla View Post
    Y'know, I'm used to hysterical 14-year-old ******** on the internet, but this is exceptional. Never before in human history have so many nerds hyperventilated so publicly over so little.