Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 51

Thread: I'm getting free service on Straight Talk

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    90
    Phones
    Motorola Atrix 2
    HTC Inspire 4G
    Motorola Atrix 4G
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    0

    I'm getting free service on Straight Talk

    So apparently my number is not in ST's system, I have had my E71 activated for the past few months, it says my phone is inactive and has a completely different number. The customer service are morons, and my service has expired about a week ago and today, right now I am still using unlimited everything...

    I try to talk to the customer service to have them update their system or something but all they do is act like I am an idiot who doesn't know his phone number, when they're system sucks and they're ignorant and can't fix the problem so I guess I will get free service until they finally can correct or update my phone number in their system.

    I am trying to be legitimate and add a service card but no... /rant.


    Oh yeah, I tried calling twice tonight, first time the lady acted like she couldn't hear me... the second lady hung up on me after putting me on hold for 20 minutes. What a bunch of goons.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    55
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by xFalcon95 View Post
    So apparently my number is not in ST's system, I have had my E71 activated for the past few months, it says my phone is inactive and has a completely different number. The customer service are morons, and my service has expired about a week ago and today, right now I am still using unlimited everything...

    I try to talk to the customer service to have them update their system or something but all they do is act like I am an idiot who doesn't know his phone number, when they're system sucks and they're ignorant and can't fix the problem so I guess I will get free service until they finally can correct or update my phone number in their system.

    I am trying to be legitimate and add a service card but no... /rant.


    Oh yeah, I tried calling twice tonight, first time the lady acted like she couldn't hear me... the second lady hung up on me after putting me on hold for 20 minutes. What a bunch of goons.
    lol, well thats pretty cool.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    978
    Carrier
    AT&T Gophone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Sweet dude hope it lasts a long while. It's straight talk screw up.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    383
    Phones
    Samsung Captivate
    Samsung Captivate
    Samsung 455C
    Carrier
    StraightTalk
    Feedback Score
    0
    I had my phone last 3 days past its due date before. That was the longest though.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using HowardForums

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    90
    Phones
    Motorola Atrix 2
    HTC Inspire 4G
    Motorola Atrix 4G
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    0
    I know, this has happened before and I got free service for about two weeks.
    I am trying to add a service card but these idiots who work as customer service or tech reps are morons and literally can't help me at all or understand that it's their problem, and that my service is expired but yet I get unlimited everything and can't add a card. FTW.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    BP subsidized Gulf Coast
    Posts
    4,671
    Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by xFalcon95 View Post
    I know, this has happened before and I got free service for about two weeks.
    I am trying to add a service card but these idiots who work as customer service or tech reps are morons and literally can't help me at all or understand that it's their problem, and that my service is expired but yet I get unlimited everything and can't add a card. FTW.
    You will probably be able to add airtime once it actually becomes necessary.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    972
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    0
    Years ago when I had att gophone I used to pay 10 cents a message and one day I stopped getting charged for my messages and continued for 4 months until I called and had a question about my accouht and I mentioned something about text and she was like sir you haven't sent or received messages in months. I literally slapped myself and played dumb but by the time I got off the phone I was back to getting charged. Never knew what caused it. If it ain't broke don't try to fix it.

    Sent from my LG-P506 using HowardForums

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    90
    Phones
    Motorola Atrix 2
    HTC Inspire 4G
    Motorola Atrix 4G
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by benjamin.kelley View Post
    Years ago when I had att gophone I used to pay 10 cents a message and one day I stopped getting charged for my messages and continued for 4 months until I called and had a question about my accouht and I mentioned something about text and she was like sir you haven't sent or received messages in months. I literally slapped myself and played dumb but by the time I got off the phone I was back to getting charged. Never knew what caused it. If it ain't broke don't try to fix it.

    Sent from my LG-P506 using HowardForums
    Geesh 0.10 a message is ridiculous I used to hate paying that much back when I had a GoPhone.
    I know but all I am concerned about is one day, while I am on the road or something having my service cut off.
    I don't mind the free service at all, it seems like they don't even know my phone # exists lol. I will keep riding the free service train until it ends, last time this happened it lasted for about two weeks, then my service was cut off.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    0
    So are you still getting the free service still or did you cut you off

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,523
    Feedback Score
    0
    LOL was just wondering the same.

    ST to IPhone http://howardforums.com/bYd8e
    ST to Android http://howardforums.com/Xael3
    ST to Windows Phone http://howardforums.com/MMuZH
    Tracfone CS at 800-876-5753 or 800-626-4883
    Phone Number for Google Customer Service. 18558363987

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    55
    Feedback Score
    0
    why was this rated 1 star????

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    819
    Feedback Score
    0
    @xFalcon95: I was wondering the same thing. Still getting Unlimited Everything for free? If so then I would just keep my mouth shut and rake it for what it's worth. It's not your fault. You said you've tried several times to correct this. However, I would probably put a phone on a pay-as-you-go plan from PagePlus (best prepaid coverage) just in case.

    Have you tried calling the Miami, FL office? I've heard they speak AMERICAN English there, LoL. Call during regular business hours: 1-800-876-5753. If they're busy then you will be forwarded to an outsourced operator (which i'm sure you'll be able to distinguish). Feel free to just hang up and call the number again until you get through :-)

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    20
    Feedback Score
    0
    I had something similar happen. 3 months after I ported in, my account was still showing "port-in-progress" and I couldn't add airtime. Customer service insisted that I was not activated and I kept reminding them that I was calling FROM THE ACTIVE PHONE. They didn't believe me!!!

    The only reason that I insisted that the problem get fixed (so that I could PAY THEM) was that I was worried that if I were to get disconnected, I would lose my phone number, which I've had nearly forever.

    Millions of e-mails back and forth with the Facebook reps and wayyyy too many hours on the phone. It took weeks to fix.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    9
    Feedback Score
    0

    Your right st cust serv reps are idiot

    I have been tryin to activate a phone for 15 days now. I bought a phone from someone 600 miles away in a totally dif state. straight talk keep sending me sim cards and keep activating my phone with the previous owner number then they say they cant change it so they have to send me another sim card. we have been thru 5 sim cards and today they still keep putting the previous owner number on my phone even when i tell them 10 times before giving them sim card number that i need a new number with my zip code. so now the previous owner that moved her number to another phone cant talk on her phone because i have her number so im gettin all of her calls. i stay on phone for hours with straight talk cust serv and all they say is give me 3 mins why i do whatever to ur account. they say this about 15 times and then they say well ur phone should b activating in 24hrs and in 24hrs still the same number. ive never encountered such poor cust serv. Now they say they are goin to send me another phone so i will see how it goes. AVOID CUST SERV IF ALL POSSIBLE

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    20
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSBREAL79 View Post
    I have been tryin to activate a phone for 15 days now. I bought a phone from someone 600 miles away in a totally dif state. straight talk keep sending me sim cards and keep activating my phone with the previous owner number then they say they cant change it so they have to send me another sim card. we have been thru 5 sim cards and today they still keep putting the previous owner number on my phone even when i tell them 10 times before giving them sim card number that i need a new number with my zip code. so now the previous owner that moved her number to another phone cant talk on her phone because i have her number so im gettin all of her calls. i stay on phone for hours with straight talk cust serv and all they say is give me 3 mins why i do whatever to ur account. they say this about 15 times and then they say well ur phone should b activating in 24hrs and in 24hrs still the same number. ive never encountered such poor cust serv. Now they say they are goin to send me another phone so i will see how it goes. AVOID CUST SERV IF ALL POSSIBLE
    You need to contact the previous owner of the phone. She needs to remove the phone from her account. Once she does that, ST can assign a new number to the phone. It can't happen until she removes the phone from her account.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Straight Talk is improving Customer Service
    By sfot in forum Straight Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-20-2014, 04:26 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-23-2010, 05:26 PM
  3. SMS Email Gateway for Straight Talk (GSM Service)
    By jskillings07 in forum Straight Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-01-2010, 09:26 PM
  4. No Straight Talk service out of area - anybody else?
    By Scabbard in forum Straight Talk
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-18-2010, 09:37 AM
  5. Straight Talk service end date - renew on or before?
    By voohere in forum Straight Talk
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-02-2010, 02:42 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks