Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Does Targets 90 return policy allow you to return a OptimusV even if its been opened?

Feedback Score

Question Does Targets 90 return policy allow you to return a OptimusV even if its been opened?

Will Target allow me to return a opened/used Optimus V for a $ refund?

I was looking to lock in the $25/mo plan with an Optimus V before it goes away on the 20th and then wait a few months to get a Motorola Triumph when the price goes down.

I thought it was a given that you could return electronics to Target within 90 days no matter even if it was opened but seeing some of the comments here on HowardForums has me worried that you might only be able to get an exchange instead?

Thanks for your help guys

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I was able to return it after I opened it. However, it was during the hectic period of time when most stores didn't even know if they carried it. You might only be able to exchange it now..... your best option would likely be to sell the phone.

Tapatalk
    -takehull

Phones
    Android
    LG Optimus L9
    Carrier
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ap3604 View Post
    Will Target allow me to return a opened/used Optimus V for a $ refund?

I was looking to lock in the $25/mo plan with an Optimus V before it goes away on the 20th and then wait a few months to get a Motorola Triumph when the price goes down.
    While you can probably get away with it, it is not very ethical.

Feedback Score
    I returned the LG Rumor Touch without a problem even though screen was badly scratched up (from normal use).

She did give me a dirty look tho. Hey blame the manufacturer for making a sh*tty screen!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clocks11 View Post
    While you can probably get away with it, it is not very ethical.
    If its within the return period and the phone is fully functional then please explain how its unethical.

Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nachoman976 View Post
    If its within the return period and the phone is fully functional then please explain how its unethical.
    It's unethical if you buy it with the intention on returning it later.

If you buy it with the intention of keeping it unless you find yourself unhappy with it.. but then end up returning it because you find yourself dissatisfied.. then that's fine.

Feedback Score
    Its also unethical to rip Americans off yet big business does it everyday

Sent from my own personal phone using a dummy phone company connection to terminate

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    They may give you a gift card

Phones
    Android
    LG Optimus L9
    Carrier
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by codekill View Post
    Its also unethical to rip Americans off yet big business does it everyday

Sent from my own personal phone using a dummy phone company connection to terminate
    Right stick it to the man!!! Seriously, if you feel Target or VM is not consumer friendly, then don't do business with them.

As Null0 said, if you buy a product you have no intention of keeping, then you are knowingly forcing Target and/or VM to take a loss on it. Once it is returned, it will be of diminished value, as they will no longer be able to sell it as new. Doing so is unethical.

People abusing return policies are why they are becoming more strict.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I think "YMMV" would apply here. My local stores have not accepted returns on opened prepaid phones in a long time now. While their return policy doesn't specifically say anything about prepaid phones, it's pretty vague and open to interpretation by the store and I've had problems with that. I was able to return an open Verizon Samsung Intensity though when it kept dropping the network; I told them I absolutely did not want the same phone - the manager begrudingly gave me a refund after talking to electronics and making sure I understood she was doing me a huge favor.. Right. When I ask them before purchase though, they tell me no returns.

So.. Up to you if you want to take the risk. Honestly, the Optimus is a great phone and I'm keeping mine as a backup even if I do plan on buying the Triumph. I do agree that return policies are getting much stricter due to customers abusing it. I'm not going to get into it but I expect Target to severely shorten and tighten up their return policy on electronics soon.
    Castrol EDGE 5W-30 is my drug of choice.

Primary: Galaxy Note 3 and LG F6: 5 lines, 1x $15 5GB data, 2x $5 Android web, 1x $2.99 T-Zones, corp discount + $10/mo loyalty discount = $93/mo tax inclusive
    Secondary: iPhone 4 & Optimus Dynamic II: TracFone (Verizon); Galaxy Epic: RingPlus (Sprint)
    Tablet: iPad Mini Retina w/ T-Mobile 4G LTE

Feedback Score
    If you return it, make sure you have the box and original packaging. When I returned mine, they said I couldn't because I didn't have the original packaging (but mic was dead on phone, so needed exchange). So now, I always keep the receipt and packaging till the return period is up. Long story short, if you complain enough to the manager and show the phone is "faulty," they will honor their return policy. If anything, sell it on ebay.

Phones
    LG G2
    LG G2
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nachoman976 View Post
    Target doesn't turn them on to check them, and they don't seem to care even if it's missing anything but the box and the receipt.

Where in the world does ethics involve celcos, they don't care about you, and let you dangle without a signal, texts, data, competent customer service. Nothing wrong with that, but they give much more than they take.

Phone
    LG Optimus F6 (Unlocked, Rooted, & De-bloated)
    Carrier
    Ptel, Lyca, AirVoice
    Feedback Score
    While it may be unethical to buy something with the intent to return it later from the start. Major companies have these built into their pricing structure. If more people abuse it, then it'll be reflected in higher prices when selling to new customers. It's part of doing business.

Phones
    Android
    LG Optimus L9
    Carrier
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CA View Post
    Target doesn't turn them on to check them, and they don't seem to care even if it's missing anything but the box and the receipt.

Where in the world does ethics involve celcos, they don't care about you, and let you dangle without a signal, texts, data, competent customer service. Nothing wrong with that, but they give much more than they take.
    That sounds like rationalization.

ra·tion·al·ize/ˈraSHənlˌīz/Verb
    1. Attempt to explain or justify (one's own or another's behavior or attitude) with logical, plausible reasons, even if these are not true or appropriate.

Phones
    LG G2
    LG G2
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clocks11 View Post
    That sounds like rationalization.

ra·tion·al·ize/ˈraSHənlˌīz/Verb
    1. Attempt to explain or justify (one's own or another's behavior or attitude) with logical, plausible reasons, even if these are not true or appropriate.
    Why do you care what it sounds like, it it their terms, end of story. Sorry do better next time, and rationalize this!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast