Feedback Score

Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate flash to straight talk

How can this be done ?

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by modman72 View Post
    How can this be done ?
    That phone is for Verizon. There is no work around to get a Verizon phone on to ST. What you may have read about is using an AT&T GSM phone with the unlocked SIM removed from one of the two ST Nokia Smartphones (that you have purchased for $170).

Carriers
    Straight Talk (FTW)
    Page plus (gone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    That phone is for Verizon. There is no work around to get a Verizon phone on to ST. What you may have read about is using an AT&T GSM phone with the unlocked SIM removed from one of the two ST Nokia Smartphones (that you have purchased for $170).
    cdma flashes have been done recently. OP, search this form more, you will find what you need.
    The story of your life:
    ::

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyaaron View Post
    cdma flashes have been done recently. OP, search this form more, you will find what you need.
    Yes it is possible, but not legit. If caught ST would probably wait till right after he had added airtime to termimate his service.

Phones
    Nokia N8
    Captivate
    Defy (MB525)
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    Yes it is possible, but not legit. If caught ST would probably wait till right after he had added airtime to termimate his service.
    My friend was stupid and flashed his Thunderbolt over to ST, because the AT&T/T-Mobile option "was not good enough". Within 1 hour of use (downloading some apps, a speed test, a search on a webpage, and syncing around 5 Social/Google/Mail accounts), he got a call.

Straight Talk is paying up the *** to use Verizon's network, just like every other MVNO that uses Verizon's network. You can probably imagine why he got flagged almost immediately.
    You can either eat the two peanuts I gave to you, or crush them..

- I'm bout to show a city slicker how to kick it in the sticks -

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BassAddict View Post
    Straight Talk is paying up the *** to use Verizon's network, just like every other MVNO that uses Verizon's network.
    That is exactly why ST is now attempting to make it harder to acquire their CDMA phones/service unless CDMA is the ONLY option for service. They are not eliminating CDMA they are just rationing it. Tracfone and Net 10 have always operated this way, now ST can do the same since they took on GSM. Amazing it has taken them so long.

Feedback Score
    What about using GPS over ST? Is that too much data coming in? Other than that I wouldn't be doing anything but calling and texting.

Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Yes that is too much data.

Feedback Score
    Oh well I guess I'll just flash my phone back since I can't get voice working anyways.

Phones
    Nokia N8
    Captivate
    Defy (MB525)
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoull View Post
    What about using GPS over ST? Is that too much data coming in? Other than that I wouldn't be doing anything but calling and texting.
    You will be fine with GPS. If you are talking about the Google Nav, then that only takes 200KB's per 30 miles. That is what I mainly use my phone for as well.

Feedback Score
    What about Pandora on normal quality? Would that be took much data on STs network

Sent from my ST DInc using HowardForums App

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoull View Post
    What about Pandora on normal quality? Would that be took much data on STs network

Sent from my ST DInc using HowardForums App
    Unless they are to watch everyone constantly they have to look at short term useage and project it out for the whole 30 days. Short term Pandora would probably project too high.

Carriers
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score

Totally Possible

Yes it is possible to do this. Also, with straight talk releasing an android phone in the next couple of weeks I doubt data usage is going to be monitored all that closely.
    Last edited by Kyle Freeman; 08-27-2011 at 04:52 AM. Reason: spelling error

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_5_5; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Safari/525.20.1)

Nokia GPS are using 1-2 MB on 6.5 miles trip and 3-4 on 14 miles. GPS navigation using "yards" instead of "feet" even with US voice navigation.

Carriers
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhrn View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_5_5; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Safari/525.20.1)

Nokia GPS are using 1-2 MB on 6.5 miles trip and 3-4 on 14 miles. GPS navigation using "yards" instead of "feet" even with US voice navigation.
    A yard is simply three feet. Both are imperial measurements. Metric would be meters.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast