Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Using another SMS/MMS app on Sharp Android phones with Softbank (Go SMS Pro)

Device(s)
    NEC Medias X (N-04E)
    Carrier(s)
    Docomo (Japan)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I will have the 10 key keypad working with other software soon. Sounds like a long process but i just need to get myself a PC at home so i can install the Android development environment. I tried to do it with my work PC but with the VPN/Work LAN or maybe the security software getting in the way, the development environment cannot be installed here.

I have been pouring over the AnySoftKeyboard source code and i am pretty sure I have a way to get the 10-key entering text via multi-tap without even changing any code. And that would also enable me to remap the resulting keys, allowing for carriage return, and other functions. T9 would be better of course, but that would take more time.

I suppose that html formatted emails do not show up in Go SMS very well. Still, there are many downsides!

Device(s)
    Sharp 940SH
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I picked up an android keitai recently but looking at the reviews for Go SMS apparently it's gone south recently? Any alternatives for MMS?

Carrier(s)
    DOCOMO
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Has anyone else tried to put a softbank prepaid sim into an unlocked sharp docomo android handset with any success?

Device(s)
    NEC Medias X (N-04E)
    Carrier(s)
    Docomo (Japan)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What issue are you getting? I have a prepaid sim in an unlocked HTC working fine. Just need to set the APN correctly and you will get amazing battery life (only uses data for downloading/sending MMS, other times it is off)

Carrier(s)
    Vodafone Au
    Feedback Score
    zz if only receiving MMS was easy on my 007SH, its such a shame because every time someone tries to send me an MMS I can't receive it, even with SMS pro. =_=
    My phone has disco lights

Carrier(s)
    Softbank Japan
    Feedback Score
    Hey guys. Finally rooted my phone (actually a Softbank-branded Desire HD) and am all ready to get rid of the Softbank Mail app for good. Have been using Go SMS Pro for over a year now with the settings on the first page of this thread without trouble.

However, right now I can: Send and receive MMS with the Softbank app/Only receive MMS (albeit with a 'download' button and hit and miss) on Go SMS. I can't send MMS from Go SMS, despite all my efforts (SMS messages are fine both in and out). My APNs have not changed, and as far as I can see, I have not made a mistake in any part of the MMS settings in Go SMS.

Any sugestions or others who have had this trouble in the past? Thanks! It's a real head-scratcher...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3