Thread: LG 900g shows startup screen then turns off

Feedback Score

LG 900g shows startup screen then turns off

The LG 900g my son has is starting up only to show the LG900g screen and then turn off.

He had run the battery down earlier today. He put it on the charger and let it charge a while, then used it a few minutes talking to me and it cut out again. Now when he holds the button, it just does the startup screen and turns off immediately. It does this even with the charger connected.

What should we do with it? It's been used 5 - 6 weeks.

I told him to charge it with the USB cable on his computer instead of the wall charger that uses the USB cable for it. I told him to try the car charger and see if it works.

Phones
    unlocked at&t Samsung S3 mini
    unlocked at&t Samsung S3 mini
    Carrier
    StraightTalk at&t
    Feedback Score
    Charge it till it says fully charged then try and post back results

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kw02 View Post
    The LG 900g my son has is starting up only to show the LG900g screen and then turn off. He had run the battery down earlier today. He put it on the charger and let it charge a while, then used it a few minutes talking to me and it cut out again. Now when he holds the button, it just does the startup screen and turns off immediately. It does this even with the charger connected. I told him to charge it with the USB cable on his computer instead of the wall charger that uses the USB cable for it. I told him to try the car charger and see if it works.
    Charge the battery using the wall charger, not by connecting the USB cable to the computer. The USB charges more slowly and only does a partial charge. Let it charge overnight before turning it on again.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    As in an automobile a dead battery will suck up the chargers output rather than let it power the device.

Feedback Score
    AFter charging all night, phone won't even react to ON button. When charger plugged in, nothing happened like it used to do with the charging screen coming on for a few seconds even when the phone is OFF.

I picked up replacement phone and put the good battery in and nothing.

Tracfone had me hold down the ON/OFF button for 1 minute. Nothing.

They transferred number and minutes and air time to new phone. They are sending a replacement for the old phone.