Thread: Unlock, Jailbreak or flashing a verizon phone

Feedback Score

Unlock, Jailbreak or flashing a verizon phone

I am a store owner and i do buy and sell alltel and verizon cell phones. Unfortunately most of my customers are looking for alltel and alltel phones MOSTLY SUCKS and i cant afford to pay $25.00 for someone to unlock the phone then i will have to sell it for someone else. i have been looking for a software where i can do that my self but all i found was softwares that only works with GSM phones. is there anyone out there can help please?

Phones
    Droid Maxx
    Retired: Many Motorola, such as DPC550,StarTac,V720. Also BB 9530,9850 (sigh)
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless (1994, GTE MobileNet)
    Feedback Score
    "Unlocking" is a GSM concept. It is what allows a phone to accept an arbitrary SIM card. CDMA phones do not have SIM cards (OK, LTE devices do); their "identity" is hard-wired with an ESN or MEID. And most CDMA providers (the big ones like VZW, anyway) won't accept phones unless their ESN/MEID is in their database. And changing the ESN/MEID of a phone is illegal (and a forbidden topic on this forum). This makes it essentially impossible to "import" a phone to such carriers, at least legally.

Phones
    MOT Droid Mini,
    Home Phone Connect,
    MOT Droid 3,
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Verizon doesn't "lock" their phones. The password or SPC/MSL to get into the carrier programming menus is always simply "000000".