Thread: Sayonara, MiKE...

Device(s)
    SoftBank 707SC, Neonode N2, Altacel OT-710D
    Carrier(s)
    Telus CDMA... for now
    Feedback Score

Sayonara, MiKE...

So, the 8350i's screen cracked, and the i1 was slowly driving me mad, slow, laggy and crashy like nobody's buisness. I stumbled upon a HTC Snap for sale on eBay for cheap. I got it... WinMo can't be as horrible as Android was.

So far, I like WinMo. Telus also gave me a much better plan than my MiKE plan as well:

- 200 daytime minutes (identical to my MiKE plan)
    - E/WE from 6PM (versus 9PM for my MiKE)
    - Caller ID/voicemail 25 for free
    - Unlimited SMS
    - 1GB data
    - 10 favorite numbers (which pretty much means unlimited calling because those 10 favs are pretty much the only people I call/text)
    - 100 minutes LD (which pretty much replaces my use of DC)

The Snap supposedly also supports GSM 850/1900, so I could easily bail out to a GSM provider once my term is done.

Farewell, MiKE. We had some good times, but Android was driving me insane.
    Tracfone W175g is IMPOSSIBLE to flash. If you don't want to use it with Trac, it's WORTHLESS. Stop PM'ing me!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    yes the i1 have some little problem and motorola have never update ... the next moto iden phone is the Motorola titanium ... but run only on eclair 2.1 ;( good luck !

Device(s)
    Nokia C3-01
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I just said bye to MIKE too when Telus called and offered to buy out the 1 year remaining on my contract if I switch to their telus network. I got to keep my old plan and get an additional $5/month discount.

So by extending my contract by 1yr, I got $5/month off and a new phone. Hard to say no.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Mike was a decent network with decently designed hardware devices.

Unfourtunately - Motorola made the software on the phones terrible. Good riddance

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 5 64gb
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    lol..I certainly don't miss the random DC calls from drug dealers and truckers with too much time on their
    hands...
    Cheeri'o...
    Frankie...

Please Note: I do not work for Bell. I also do not work for any wireless retail outlet.
    Do not ask me about promotions or offers from wireless providers.

Device(s)
    SoftBank 707SC, Neonode N2, Altacel OT-710D
    Carrier(s)
    Telus CDMA... for now
    Feedback Score
    I just said bye to MIKE too when Telus called and offered to buy out the 1 year remaining on my contract if I switch to their telus network. I got to keep my old plan and get an additional $5/month discount.

So by extending my contract by 1yr, I got $5/month off and a new phone. Hard to say no.
    Interesting. This, along with the "promotional" plan I got without renewing kind of shows that T is eager to get people off the network. I would have stayed on MiKE was I offered anything close to what I got by transitioning to CDMA.