Thread: Inactive Number - Is there any way to reactivate it ?

Feedback Score

Inactive Number - Is there any way to reactivate it ?

I forgot aka didn't bother to top up on one of my phones for 90 days so the phone/account has been deactivated a couple of days back ...it says INACTIVE when I log into that particular phone account .

Its on pre-paid ( pay before ) . Now my dad wants that phone ..is there any way I can reactivate the same phone by going to WM store or by calling them & topping up the same phone with say 30 - 40 bucks ?

Or is the SIM toast now & they will ask me to buy a new SIM all over again ..I guess the new SIM is $ 25 or something ..not worth it for me . Can that same phone/SIM be reaactivated by adding more money to that account ?

I don't even care about the phone # ..if I get a new phone # that's cool too ..just don't want to buy a new SIM all over again to reactivate that 90 days inactive phone .

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bensoncv14 View Post
    Inactive Number - Is there any way to reactivate it ?
    Those are all very good questions.
    Have you asked WIND?

Phone
    Nexus S
    Carrier
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm pretty sure you'll be able to reactivate phone number and use the same sim card. Basing this on experience. I had a line that I didn't top up past 90 days, and then Wind offered me a plan if I re-activate. It kept the same number and even same sim that I hadn't used for 4 months maybe.. and didn't have to go to the store which was nice.

Anyway give them a call and you'll find out.

Feedback Score
    yes back office support can do it. It's probably going to be reactive on the same account though if that's okay.

Phones
    Samsung Vibrant
    Xperia X1
    SH905i (Sold)
    Carrier
    Wind, Rogers , Claro
    Feedback Score
    Same thing happened to me.

They told me there was no way they could retrieve the number and that I had to start a new account.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by raegae2000 View Post
    Same thing happened to me.

They told me there was no way they could retrieve the number and that I had to start a new account.
    The only way there would be NO way is after it was forfeited back into the system "Singl.eView", and then another user was assigned after it was released. But it's entirely possible to have someone in back-office take it out of holding (because deactivated numbers sit in limbo for 90 days) and re-open the account it was last under.