Thread: Can I block text messages on my LG 800G

Feedback Score

Can I block text messages on my LG 800G

I am getting dozens of tests from a spammer - can I block his number or is this the LG 800G text problem?
    I've decided to start giving a crap
    Would you like some?

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    rich in STL,
    Well, you can block a lot of the spam that is sent to your phone's email address, not cell to cell. I assume you are on the ATT network? If you do have a ATT SIM go to http://mymessages.wireless.att.com/ and register your phone number, then you can get into it and modify the message settings. This is an ATT message system but it seems to be disconnected from their main ATT system, like they forgot about it. Personally, the first time I saw this site I thought it was a fake site trying to get your info so I used a temp phone to test it out. If you look at the bottom of the site page it looks like they quit updating in 2007. If I go to the main site I can't create an account with my ATT number but on this system it let me signup and control the messages sent via this system. Give it a try, it works. I have my ATT EX124G registered and it blocks emails to my phone as I specify. It must control messages It cut done on my spam a lot.

Like I said, it doesn't block the spam texts from cell to cell, good luck with that! Now that I think about it, I haven't spam texts for a long time so it must be helping. Hope it helps! If you try it and it helps, post back.

Feedback Score
    I noticed that the time of ALL the messages is the same. I wonder if my LG800G has the testing disease?

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    Good bet! But remember this info if you get a replacement phone with an ATT number. Boy, didn't even think of the text mess, assumed they were different messages.

Feedback Score
    I called Miami CS - they will send me a Moto ex124, which is what I wanted

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    Rich in STL,
    Hope you like the EX124G, I like mine. There are a couple of neat things on the phone that you have to dig to find. You can play background sounds on your phone (there are 10 sounds ,a few are good). You can set it so it sounds like you're in a restaurant with people in the background when you're actually in the toilet. Or, you can play a white noise background sound to make it sound like a bad connection so the caller ends the conversation early.

It also has blacklist so you can block an individual caller (Thank You!) by adding them to a blacklist and turning the blacklist on. It also has Reject by SMS, if you get a call you don't want to answer or are busy you select Reject by SMS and it sends the caller to voicemail and sends them an SMS saying "Call you later" so they aren't left hanging. One other neat thing is the email program installed, you can setup multiple accounts like GMail, AOL, and other ones that work with POP/IMAP. Enjoy!