Thread: Samsung Galaxy S captivate wont start

Feedback Score

Exclamation Samsung Galaxy S captivate wont start

Hey Guys, I've posted a problem here before and I've had alot of positive responses and success, so I'm hoping you guys can help me again.

My Samsung Galaxy S wont start properly.

I charged it from a wall-charger last night, was working fine, and then all of a sudden today it wont go passed the "Samsung Galaxy S" color screen, or when it does pass that it shows a black screen, with the buttons lit, and my signal strength at the top right, with apps loading. Then it goes black, vibrates a lot, in increments, and then stops. When I click the lock button it does the same thing, over and over and over. Its almost like its on a bizarre loop.

I admit that I have something like 300 apps on the phone, without an SD card, aswell as Music, but right now I just wanna get my pictures, and contacts saved, so I can wipe it clean and start fresh with an SD card.

I've plugged it in, tried almost everything (Removing, and putting back the battery & SD Card repeatedly) but nothing has worked.

I've looked high and low thru google, other phone forums, and I come to you guys with a desperate need for an answer.

I can't even seem to get the Download mode active.

Please help!

Thanks so much

Feedback Score
    Hi,

You need to let it keep cycling until it finally loads up. I have been having a similar issue with my phone lately. It always took a long time to reboot (like 15 minutes) but in the last couple of weeks it has taken up to an hour. Mine does the exact same thing yours does: it boots, displays the bar at the top with the signal, battery, etc, then vibrates and reboots...over and over. Every so often it will run the media scanner as well, then cycle again. You have to leave it and let it reboot itself. I recently added and updated a bunch of apps so I think that has something to do with it. From what I've read online the way Samsung set up the memory management (software-side) is pretty crappy and this is probably the cause.

I use my phone for work and having it out of commission for an hour for a simple reboot makes my life very difficult. All that because the phone froze on me to begin with and I was forced to pull the battery.

Hope that helps.
    Client of Robbers:

Unlimited Voice Plan
    6GB BlackBerry (BIS) Data Plan
    100 Anytime Canadian LD Mins
    Value Pack
    $73.13

Formerly $58.13 until credits ran out and reps became EXTREMELY un-cooperative!!

Feedback Score
    did this help? or was another solution found? i am having the exact same problem

Feedback Score
    While i had the phone connected to my computer i was able to turn it on and as soon as it let me unlock my phone i went to settings and did a factory reset. Wiped my phone but at least i can use it now.

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S II LTE, Samsung Galaxy S4
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Like computers, smartphones sometimes need to be "repaved" to sort out problems that can't be dealt with easily in any other way. The underlying issue could be a corrupted system file, or even a faulty bit in your Flash memory.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    Honestly, this didn't work, my Phone can't handle over 100+ Apps which I'm guessing is my biggest problem. Even with a 16gb, Micro SD card inside, it can't handle the stress. I'm positive if there was a way to stop all the other apps from starting up, and trying to constantly update themselves it would fix my problem.

I'm gonna do a wipe of my phone and see what happens.