Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Rogers Wireless Billing Problems...

Phone
    Carrier
    Rogers, PostPaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishWake View Post
    BV is of the opinion that "materials" insofar as the context of one's agreement with Rogers includes any information given (verbally too?) on the website. I asked Rogers and they disagree.
    Who at Rog did you ask? : )

Irish, if the info on the website is not a part of the Contract then why does Rog foot so many of the pages there with "Legal Disclaimer" and "Terms and Conditions" and the like?

If Rog truly felt the website info wasn't binding they would say "this info is not binding on Rog" or similar.

Furthermore, for those who order service over the phone, from where did they get their notion of pricing info? In may cases it's doubtless from the website ... and obviously the agreed monthly base price is a material term of the SA.

You could claim that some of the info on the website is binding and some isn't but which is which and why is some binding and not others?

Unfortunately, I see your view as being at rather marked odds with everything else that could corroborate your POV, but instead conflicts with it.

Phone
    iPhone 4
    Carrier
    F**KING Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BellVictim View Post

So 9GB in my spreadsheet comes in at $150.36.
    I don't doubt your math, nor your information. I have not yet been able to verify it however. What I don't understand is why the rogers rep from the prez's office gave me a binding credit (it's not like they can take away the credit) of over 600$ if the overages for both months are going to be about $300, rather than the number I was originally given of about $3000.

I guess I'll find out when they finally get round to generating me a bill.

The best scenario here would be for rogers to make their formula for calculating overages look like this.

6 GB = 6144 MB .... 30$ = 3000 cents. 3000 / 6144 = 0.488

The above math shows that rogers is charging about half a penny per MB on the 6GB plan. If you go over the base 6GB rather than penalizing you if you "sneeze over the limit" they should be charging you in base lots of transfer. I would say the best base lot of transfer would be 2MB. 2 MB would cost about 1 cent. For every 2 MB over the base of 6gb, charge 1 cent. this translates into about $5 per GB. This assumes that Rogers makes money with offering the 6GB plan. Why would they offer it so consistently if they lost money at that rate. There are 1000's of users who like me used less than 500MB per month and the WHAM, got hit by a train. Rather than try and F**K over the customer, have experts who call the customer and try to come up with a reason why the overages are occuring. Work with the customer rather than trying to treat them like a criminal. The reason they don't do this is because it is cheaper to treat them like a criminal in the short term.

There is some logic in not wanting people to go nutz on the bandwidth. Thus, put in place a policy that states if you consistently use more than twice your bucket limit every month, your speed may be cut down to 1/2 or less of the original speed, once you pass the limit of twice your bucket limit, (based on current network conditions) until the billing cycle is over. This prevents the main issue that I think Rogers is trying to prevent, which is people using the 3G service for watching netflix or other high bandwidth operations and using 100+ GB of bandwith per month. You actually cannot watch netflix on a 3G connection whose speed has been cut in half. I have never tried this myself, but I know someone who has the netflix service(their on WIND) and had their speed chopped for going over 50gB of usage using netflix. And yep, they used 50GB and got and paid their $10 dollar bill for internet at the end of the billing cycle.

What they actually achieve by doing what they are doing is to gradually piss off their customer base and cause them to move to other providers. The only people who really accept the Rogers TOS and billing practices on overages are people who tell themselves "hey, I'll never use more than 6GB...so it'll never be an issue.." I was one of these ... at least I was up until June 30th when I got the text telling me my 3G was being cut off.

Phone
    iPhone 4
    Carrier
    F**KING Rogers
    Feedback Score
    To anyone who reads this, I am looking for the CRTC decision document that was put into place regarding the porting of numbers.

What I really need to find out is if Rogers actually owns the numbers like they claim they do (section 15 of the TOS, for those of you who are interested), or if that claim is just one of those things they put into the agreement with the hope that nobody will challenge them on it.

As such I really need to speak with a lawyer who deals with contract law, if anyone knows of a good lawyer, one who will treat me fairly, (I don;t mind paying, but I want by the second billing :-)) ... I would not mind getting their contact information.

Phone
    iPhone 4
    Carrier
    F**KING Rogers
    Feedback Score
    CRTC called me back. That person told me that the phone company owns the numbers. So that is official. At one point in conversation this person said, "drug dealers and other criminals make 50% profit or more, any legitimate business makes do with 12% to 20% profit". I think I'll check what robulus posted for profit last year, should be a matter of public record if they are publicly traded.

Carrier
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    By that comparison, the oil, and food companies are huge criminals. No, that's not a joke.
    Un-Rogered

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4