Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Emergency Service Only" message on Lg800g

Feedback Score

"Emergency Service Only" message on Lg800g

This phone changes from the "E" symbol next to the signal bars to the "tower" symbol when the signal gets weak. I am told by Tracfone Executive Resolution that if I have enough bars with this tower symbol I will be able to make calls, but the phone tells me "Emergengy Calls Only" even with 3 bars. They have even sent me a new sim card which made no difference. Does anyone elses phone operate like this. I guess I'm wondering if Tracfone even knows how this phone is intended to operate. This occurs even in my home zip area about a mile from home in an area of good coverage on the AT&T coverage viewer. I never saw this message once on my Samsung T301g and both have AT&T sims. Thanks for your feedback. Larry

Phone
    Moto W260G, LG420G, LG500G, LG600G, LG900G, Optimus V
    Carrier
    Tracfone Virgin
    Feedback Score
    The reason you see 3 bars and get 'Emergency calls only' is that the phone recognizes a tower that you are not permitted to make calls to/from, but as a courtesy if you need to make a call... That is what I ran into on my LG600G full bars, and emergency calls only, and it was n T-Mobile. I switched to a Tracfone that had AT&T and that solved my problem for my operating location.

You mentioned that your Samsung T301 and LG800 both have AT&T SIMS, I assume you checked the numbers on the SIM and they start with 890141 for AT&T.

If both are AT&T and both wrong from home recently, I would take a guess that the LG800 was not programmed right. It happens from time to time.

You tried what you could, and it still does not work. Time to call Executive resolutions back and give them an update. I'm guessing they will choose to replace the phone at no charge to you. Given the 800's are known to have 'problems' they may even offer you a Motorola EG124G instead which has been the case for other users

Good luck!

Feedback Score
    I thought Tracfone's specialty was roaming.

Phone
    Carrier
    Tracfone Virgin
    Feedback Score
    ^^ I thought the same thing. Perhaps which ever carrier lgg1943 is using does not have genuine 'roaming partners' in his/her area.

Feedback Score
    On mine I just turn off and on again and I have service

Feedback Score
    In response to KLM's posting above, I again checked the sims and they are both AT&T. The samsung phone which is now deactivated didn,t ever pickup the tower symbol but seemed to receive a stronger AT&T signal The LG800g tells me "no service" with the tower but low signal strength and "emergency service only" with three or more bars. It would seem that KLM,s thoughts are right in line, but Tracfone is sending a new phone. I'll post again after I get the new phone going and have tested it. Again Thanks for the input.
    Larry

Feedback Score
    I just took back a LG500G that did the same think even with 5 bars kept switching to the E code

Carriers
    ATT Gophone
    Net 10
    Feedback Score
    I had that happen with one of my phones the other day. "Emergency calls only".
    I took out the battery and sim and put it back in and it worked again.

Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    My LG500G has done that once in the 2 months I've had it. Pulled the battery and hasn't happened again.

My wife's LG500G does it occasionally over the 3 months she's had her's. Pulled the battery and it stopped for a while, but came back. Turning off and back on clears it up most (all?) of the time.

On a similar note the 2 phones can be sitting on the table next to each other and one will show Home and the other Roam.

Mine switches to Roam often (and no MMS/web when roaming) with 2 or 3 bars. Attempting web access fails, then when going back to the main screen it switches to Home and a econd attempt to brower works.

So, something causes it to jump to a roaming tower and then it doesn't switch back readily. Probably related to the marginal signal at/in the house. But sometimes it'll still show roam when I'm 3 miles up the road where coverage is better/signals are stronger. Again an attempt to access GPRS/EDGE will fail then cause it to switch towers.

BTW, both phones have an AT&T SIM.
    Last edited by ST Dog; 08-23-2011 at 03:00 PM. Reason: typos

Phone
    Carrier
    Tracfone Virgin
    Feedback Score
    ..When in 'roam' you won't get to do what the Roman's do....Access Internet as ST Dog mentioned.

Yes, keep us posted lgg1943 on if the new phone works.

Sounds like a few here might be getting phones not programmed right or actually for their area.

Good luck everyone!

Feedback Score
    I have now received my new Lg800g, new V10e sw version, and it still performs the same. Called the Miami number again with no resolution. They are doing more checking??? I really doubt the problem will be corrected. I don't know whose tower I'm on when it switches to the tower symbol but AT&T must not allow Tracfone to use the full tower capabilty of their roaming partner. Lots of unanswered questions with Tracfone but I can live with it. Thanks Larry

Feedback Score
    I too have a three week old LG800g with the same problem. Spent 90 minutes with Tracfone trying to figure it out with no success - they are sending another phone. Something tells me the problem will not be resolved until I purchase another phone model.

Carrier
    NET10/TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Will13007 View Post
    I too have a three week old LG800g with the same problem. Spent 90 minutes with Tracfone trying to figure it out with no success - they are sending another phone. Something tells me the problem will not be resolved until I purchase another phone model.
    The problem may be with overloads on the AT&T network and not with your phone.

Phones
    LG Optimus T
    Moto Droid X2
    Carrier
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Here's a question regarding this that hasn't been brought up, and the overall issue hasn't gotten much talk here either: As we're currently aware, there are areas where AT&T is ending its use of conventional 2G service (whether on 850 Mhz or 1900 Mhz or both, I don't know). What is or will be the status/usability of all or many of the TracFone/Net10 phones in areas like this? Could this be the cause of lg1943's problem (lack of or reduced conventional 2G signal)? I mean, they (TracFone/Net10) must be aware of this and have some sort of plan to supply phones that will do the intended job in the desired location. How does the forum body at large (meaning you all) think of this?

Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Could be part of the reason for the new 3G phones (S390G and S425G)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast