Here's how to do it:
1. Insert the battery and charge it up.
2. Turn it on and connect:
- Connect to the MiFi 2200 device through the Wi-Fi manager on your computer. The Wi-Fi network will show up as "VirginMobile MiFi2200" on your Wi-Fi manager.
(This may take a minute or so.)
- When prompted, enter the password (Network Key) located on the bottom of your MiFi device and click "OK."
IMPORTANT: Do not plug your MiFi device into your computer's USB port. This will prevent the MiFi device from connecting to the internet.
3. Activate and create your account:
- Open the computer's web browser and go to http://virginmobile.mifi.
- Enter "admin" as the default password at the MiFi login screen.
- Follow the prompts to create an account at virginmobileusa.com.
- Make sure you write down your Account # and MSID.
4. Program your MiFi 2200 device:
- Enter the new Account # and MSID in the MiFi activation wizard.
- Click "Finish" and your device will restart.
5. After the device restarts, reconnect to the MiFi 2200 through your computer's Wi-Fi manager.
6. That's it. You can start surfing, emailing, and more.
This is from VM, but look at the part that says dont hook it up to your USB or it want work. I say this coz I found out the hard way. Also the mifi locks up at time and you have to reset it or it want log you on to the net. If it is a signal problem you can log in to the mifi and on the menu check and see how many bars you have. Here is a pdf look on page 14 it show how to look in. The reset is on the bottom, if all of that does not work. call them and make sure they set it up for you.
I have 2 and they work great. Both are on the old 40.00 unlimited plan. I get from 1.1 to 2.7 Mbps
Hope this helps...