Thread: No Net10 coverage maps?

Carrier
    Telus, TMo PP, H2O
    Feedback Score

No Net10 coverage maps?

I'm looking at www.net10.com and Service&Support > Coverage requires a zip code (I can't find a way just to display the whole US and zoom in).

Every zip code I enter returns "Net10 does not provide coverage for this area." I tried 12901 (Plattsburgh NY), 33442 (FL), and a couple of others.

Is there a Net10 map I can see somewhere? Specifically what's their coverage in NY/VT/NH/ME? GSM phone.

Thanks!
    =aw

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    Depends on if you have a T-Mobile or AT&T SIM card in your phone. If it's a T-Mobile SIM go to T-Mobile's coverage map and check the coverage there: http://www.t-mobile.com/coverage/pcc.aspx

If it's an AT&T SIM check your coverage on the AT&T coverage map: http://www.wireless.att.com/coverageviewer/

If you don't know which SIM card you have go Menu>Prepaid>SIM card number and if it starts with 890141 it's AT&T and if it starts with 890126 it's on the T-Mobile network. Hope that helps.

SIDE NOTE: I think the Net10 coverage map is on the fritz, I entered zip codes I knew were good but their site says no coverage there.
    Last edited by BobbyLee; 07-28-2011 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Added side note.

Carrier
    Telus, TMo PP, H2O
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the confirmation, I figured ME and Plattsburgh might be uncovered (PBG worked before but you never know). No service in Broward County FL I took as a sign it was broken.

SIM card starts with 890216 and it's TF64SIMT5 which I think means TMobile. Is it the TM prepaid or postpaid coverage map, or are they the same now? (I went with TM a few years ago because they had recently added places like PBG to their prepaid coverage, formerly only postpaid).

Thanks again!
    =aw

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    Yea, you're on T-Mobile (I assume you meant 890126 not 890216), I can't tell you if it's postpaid or prepaid but I've heard Tracfone beats the individual carriers prepaid customer's coverage so I would bet it's the postpaid coverage. The only exception I know of is the Straight Talk (a Tracfone company) CDMA coverage is equal to the prepaid customers and Tracfone/Net10 get the postpaid coverage which is better. If ATT coverage is better in your area I WOULD call Tracfone and ask to be put on the ATT coverage with an ATT SIM card. Tell them how bad the coverage is, all your friends have great coverage with ATT phones, and have your cell phone turned off when you talk to them but tell them it's on. They've been known to call the cell phone and if they hear it ring or can tell it's connecting they consider that good enough coverage, you want to simulate bad coverage and not connected to the system.
    Last edited by BobbyLee; 07-28-2011 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Change to wording