Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: best cdma tracfone phones

Feedback Score

best cdma tracfone phones

i am loooking for a tracfone cdma new or used and want the best phone i can get just need to find it. by best i mean keyboard sd slot and generally good fone

was the r451c really used on tracfone and how to tell the difference tween ST net10 and TF versions

Feedback Score
    Since not even the 501c has the microSD slot, I don't know what to say, other than to take a look at Net10/StraightTalk.
    The 501c is the only CDMA Tracfone with a keyboard.

Feedback Score
    reason for tracfone is its for safelink and they say only tracfones on it

Carriers
    ATT Gophone
    Net 10
    Feedback Score
    R451c was only available from Net10 and ST.

People seem to like the Lg 290c if you can still find it as a Tracfone model.

And "best" doesn't always mean the coolest new features, but should come down to: can I use the phone most places I go to and is the call quality good?

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by spidermonkey486 View Post
    reason for tracfone is its for safelink and they say only tracfones on it
    If they originally sent you a Tracfone GSM Safelink phone it is doubtful they will allow you to upgrade to a Tracfone CDMA version. You need to check this out with CS and get a yes from more than one CSR. CDMA minutes cost Tracfone more than GSM. Since some locations require CDMA to receive any service, that would be your only hope of an upgrade or GETTING CDMA FROM THE START.

Also, report back here if they allow this either way (new or replacement) and how you got it done.

Feedback Score
    i am in a weak cdma area as is and NO gsm so thats what they set cdma

Feedback Score
    There is no TF model that fits your criteria now or ever in the past.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    This link is for the Tracfone CO market and shows every CDMA phone available:
    http://www.tracfone-orders.com/bpdir...view&market=CO

Phones
    LG Optimus T
    Moto G
    Carrier
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Wow TF! That is the definition of slim pickin's!

Carriers
    Tracfone, Net10
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    At least one reputable ebay dealer is still selling the LG 290c. Nice phone, but still doesn't have the features the OP is interested in.

Phones
    iphone, i365 + rubber ducky, LG 290C, EVO
    iphone4
    LG 290C
    Carriers
    AT&T
    |NEXTEL|
    Feedback Score
    I got a 290c on ebay for under 20 bucks and im liking this phone!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by spidermonkey486 View Post
    i am in a weak cdma area as is and NO gsm so thats what they set cdma
    There is no Trac CDMA phone that has a microSD slot and none is planned. Only one CDMA has a qwerty keypad, the LG 501c.

If you are in a Sprint area served by Assurance Wireless, (Sprint/Virgin Mobile's version of SafeLink), you might want to cancel your enrollment in SafeLink and enroll in Assurance Wireless. They give the same number of monthly minutes and offer a much better selection of phones including the LG Rumor 2 slider/qwerty which is a cut above the R451c, and the Kyocera Loft which is a cut above the Samsung R355c. Both phones have the features you are asking about.

There is no need to limit yourself to the slim pickings available from SafeLink when there are other companies around with better phones that would love to have your business.

Phones
    Moto e815
    Nokia 2128i
    LG 290c
    Carriers
    Verizon /
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Looks like my Nokia 2285 is dead (powers up, no signal).

Should I look for a used CDMA Tracphone (e.g. 2285, 2126i) or just go for the LG 290c (under $20 shipped off ebay)

The 2285 has about 700 minutes, about a month before expiration - please tell me I can transfer online and skip typing in pages of codes!

Thanks for any info.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosaic55 View Post
    At least one reputable ebay dealer is still selling the LG 290c. Nice phone, but still doesn't have the features the OP is interested in.

Carriers
    Tracfone, Net10
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    If it were me, I'd chose the LG290c. I've used the 2285 and 2126 in the past and the 290 is much nicer. You should be able to transfer service to the new phone on-line. The 290 should be capable of OTA (over the air) programming. (can't ever be 100% sure with tracfone though)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosaic55 View Post
    If it were me, I'd chose the LG290c. I've used the 2285 and 2126 in the past and the 290 is much nicer. You should be able to transfer service to the new phone on-line. The 290 should be capable of OTA (over the air) programming. (can't ever be 100% sure with tracfone though)
    I have the LG 290c. Excellent phone. Signal-grabs (including fringe areas) better than any CDMA phone I've owned, voice quality top-notch, battery life is so long that it's hard to believe, screen is amazingly high-quality (VERY high-resolution, bright, great contrast, saturated colors, scratch-resistant, etc.), full of extras, good camera, and the best build quality of any Tracfone I've ever seen/felt, and I've tried a LOT of them. Sliding action is snappy and precise with great variable-resistance spring assistance, and more. It truly, TRULY feels like a pricey contract phone, solid and well-built.

Unless you have something against sliders, I'd say get one. If you carry in a pocket it may un-keyguard itself, either by the 2-key unlock sequence getting pushed by accident or the slider coming open far enough, but you can fix this with a cheap $7 face-inward snap-in holster from Amazon (or presumably other suppliers). On Amazon, searching for "LG 290 FACE IN OR OUT" will likely turn up the snap-in holster I'm talking about. It has a swivelling belt clip, but for pocket carry, just hacksaw it off and leave the snap-in body. Face the keyboard inward and the unlock sequence can't be pressed by accident, and the slider can't come open by accident (not even a little!).

And yes, it's OTA programmable. *22890 for initial programming (if you're instructed to use it, that is), and *22891 periodically at your discretion for PRL (Preferred Roaming List) updates to keep your coverage at its best.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast