Phones
    Unlocked Rogers Blackberry Q10 | LG Nexus-4 | Samsung Nexus-S
    Rogers SonyEricsson c510 (unlocked)
    Fido iPhone 3GS 32GB (unlocked)
    Carrier
    Fido | Rogers Prepaid | LycaMobile US | Bell | T-Mobile Prepaid
    Feedback Score

Transfer APK from Android phone to Computer

I have 2 Android phones (SE x10 Mini & Samsung Nexus-S) and 1 Android tablet (no-name tablet from China).

I've downloaded free programs onto my Samsung Nexus-S and SE x10 Mini from the Android market like Facebook, ING Direct, DME, banking software, etc. and with the no-name Android tablet, these programs don't appear on the Android Market. The no-name Android tablet is running the same version of Android as my SE x10 Mini.

I managed to find a more recent Facebook APK file on the internet than what was installed by default on my no-name Android tablet which I installed on my Android tablet and it works.

However, I don't really want to find APK files which might come from questionable sources and would rather take them directly from my own phone and put them on my no-name Android tablet.

How can I get these APK files from my Samsung Nexus-S and/or SE x10 Mini and put them on my computer. Once on my computer, I know how to get them onto my no-name Android tablet so that isn't a problem for me. My problem/question is getting the APK files from my phone onto my computer.
    Fido (monthly plan - personal/data): Novatel Wireless MC950D or Nokia CS-18

Fido (monthly): ZTE WF720 Wireless Home Phone

Rogers (pay as you go - Canadian prepaid): "Fido" Samsung Nexus-S

Rogers (monthly BIS data plan): Blackberry Q10 <- CANCELLED over Dispute

Lycamobile (US prepaid): Sony-Ericsson c510 or Sony-Ericsson w300i

T-Mobile (US prepaid): unlocked Fido iPhone 3GS 32GB or LG Nexus-4

Bell (tablet plan): LG Nexus-4

My Tech Blog

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Depending upon the size of the file, you can email it from an email account on your phone to one that is accessible on your computer. If your phone has an SD card, you can go that route through a card reader on your computer. You will need an adapter if you have a micro SD card in your phone. Since the Android Market usually downloads and installs applications, you may need an APK backup proram to generate the APK files from the installed programs.
    Earl F. Parrish

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Are either of your phones rooted? If so you can download "titanium backup". It should backup your programs and the data.

I've used "MyBackup" to create a .apk file on my phone and transfer it, but I think you need root for that as well. There appears to be an app for non rooted phones but I'm not sure if it'll work or not.

Phones
    SGH-T889V Galaxy Note II
    Previous phones: SCH-n370, SCH-m510, SGH-T746 Impact, GT-S5660M Galaxy Gio, GT-I9020A Nexus S
    Carriers
    Koodo
    Bell Mobility and Virgin Mobile Canada (previous)
    Feedback Score
    ADB pull or Titanium Backup should both work:

adb pull /data/app/com.facebook.katana-1.apk for instance.

Or with Titanium Backup, simply get the apks from the apk.gz files.

Phones
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Both my SE x10 Mini and my Samsung Nexus-S are rooted. My no-name Android tablet is in a "weird" rooted state. The SuperUser application is on my no-name Android tablet and 1 program that requires root is working but doesn't show up in the listing of the SuperUser application. However, most of my other programs that require root don't work on my Android tablet.

In any event, I don't believe that the rooting (or the fixing of the rooting problem) of the Android tablet is necessary for me to install the APK files from my 2 Android phones once I get them onto my computer since both Android phones are registered to myself under the same Google account as the Android tablet and all the programs that I'm trying to do this for are free in the Android MarketPlace... I just don't see the programs that I want in the Android MarketPlace on my Android tablet to begin with.

Phones
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri View Post
    Depending upon the size of the file, you can email it from an email account on your phone to one that is accessible on your computer. If your phone has an SD card, you can go that route through a card reader on your computer. You will need an adapter if you have a micro SD card in your phone. Since the Android Market usually downloads and installs applications, you may need an APK backup proram to generate the APK files from the installed programs.

My Samsung Nexus-S doesn't use any removable memory card. My SE x10 Mini has a memory card but during the rooting process I reformatted the SD card (microSD) so that it could be used for the program installation.

In terms of e-mailing myself the APK file, where are they located? I went to /system/app and I can see a few APK files there but those APK files appear to be the default/generic AndroidOS APK files (ex: Bluetooth.apk, Browser.apk, etc.) I don't see any of the installed application APK files (ex: DME, Facebook, etc.)

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lmcjipo View Post
    Both my SE x10 Mini and my Samsung Nexus-S are rooted. My no-name Android tablet is in a "weird" rooted state. The SuperUser application is on my no-name Android tablet and 1 program that requires root is working but doesn't show up in the listing of the SuperUser application. However, most of my other programs that require root don't work on my Android tablet.

In any event, I don't believe that the rooting (or the fixing of the rooting problem) of the Android tablet is necessary for me to install the APK files from my 2 Android phones once I get them onto my computer since both Android phones are registered to myself under the same Google account as the Android tablet and all the programs that I'm trying to do this for are free in the Android MarketPlace... I just don't see the programs that I want in the Android MarketPlace on my Android tablet to begin with.
    Since your phones are rooted, just use titanium backup or mybackup. They'll both do the trick. Then just copy the .apk files from your phone to your computer and then transfer them to the tablet like you did with the first .apk you found.