Thread: Reactivate Page Plus phone

Feedback Score

Reactivate Page Plus phone

Hi all. I was a Page Plus customer until summer 2010 when I left the country for a year. I'm back in the US, and want to reactivate my old phone. Is this possible - is the ESN still good? I notice that http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...-Dealers-lt-lt activates for free - is it possible to use them?
    Last edited by icebook; 08-01-2011 at 01:00 AM. Reason: removed direct dealer link

Phones
    Nokia 8290 (TMO primary and site checker) / 6200 (850 roaming) / 6340i (AT&T PAYG and site checker)
    Nokia 8290 on Simple Mobile (T-Mobile site checker)
    6340i (AT&T site checker) / 6200 backup GSM phone with 850
    Carriers
    Simple Mobile / AT&T PAYG (for backup & checking cell sites) / PagePlus (trial)
    Vodafone NZ / M1 (SIN)
    Feedback Score
    The ESN should be good to activate, through any PP dealer, unless it was a Verizon prepaid phone in a prior life.
    AT&T and T-Mobile SF Bay Area+ Cell Sites - with Cell ID labels
    http://sfocellsites.com/
    Over 1,100 AT&T sites in the 9 Bay Area counties + San Benito, Santa Cruz and Monterey counties
    Now over 1,500 T-Mobile sites in these 12 counties

Feedback Score
    I never used Verizon pre-paid, however I bought the phone at Best Buy and not through Page Plus. Is it possible that it was a Verizon pre-paid phone?

Phones
    Nokia 8290 (TMO primary and site checker) / 6200 (850 roaming) / 6340i (AT&T PAYG and site checker)
    Nokia 8290 on Simple Mobile (T-Mobile site checker)
    6340i (AT&T site checker) / 6200 backup GSM phone with 850
    Carriers
    Simple Mobile / AT&T PAYG (for backup & checking cell sites) / PagePlus (trial)
    Vodafone NZ / M1 (SIN)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hurrikaane View Post
    I never used Verizon pre-paid, however I bought the phone at Best Buy and not through Page Plus. Is it possible that it was a Verizon pre-paid phone?
    If you paid something cheap it is probable it was prepaid.

I don't know; certain online dealers may check your ESN for acceptability.

Carriers
    ATT,
    Feedback Score
    its quite likely it was but its easiest to just call PP customer service and ask if the ESN from your phone is clear to be activated on thieir service for a definitive answer. They will activate it for free if it is and also include the $2 airtime bonus. There's no need to use a dealer unless you really want to

Feedback Score
    PP says the my old phone won't work. I want to continue using PP, but don't want to pay more than $20 for a new phone. Ideas? The PP rep did mention old contract Verizon phones might work...

Carriers
    ATT,
    Feedback Score
    Ask friends who were or are on VZ for their old phones. Or look to craigslist or eBay for a Verizon postpaid phone.

Phones
    HTC MyTouch 3G
    HTC Diamond
    HTC TP2
    Carriers
    Sprint PCS
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    PP says the my old phone won't work. I want to continue using PP, but don't want to pay more than $20 for a new phone. Ideas? The PP rep did mention old contract Verizon phones might work...
    tons of Verizon phones available on ebay or CL for under $20, some for under $10. Consider the Moto W385.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by icebook View Post
    its quite likely it was but its easiest to just call PP customer service and ask if the ESN from your phone is clear to be activated on thieir service for a definitive answer. They will activate it for free if it is and also include the $2 airtime bonus. There's no need to use a dealer unless you really want to
    I activated sevices today with PP and, althjough I asked for it, the rep wouldn't offer me the $2 airtime bonus. I started with a $0 balance and had to add $10 to get started. She said you could activate on-line(?) or a dealer could get the bonus applied. Did I mess up or did PP change their policy?

Carriers
    Verizon,
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I activated a phone by CSR a few weeks ago and there was no $2 bonus. She did give me 12 cents bonus to make the first call, but I added a $25 card anyway. I think the $2 bonus is if a dealer activates the phone for you.

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I always thought that $2 was NOT received when activating directly through PPC, thinking that it was only received when activating through a dealer, but when I mentioned it here a few months ago, I received at least one reply stating that the $2 was also received when activating directly through PPC. I have no idea which is correct. Maybe Denny will come by and set us straight?
    PagePlus---13 Years & Counting . . . . . Lycamobile---1 Year & Counting
    *Ericsson AF738, Jul 2001-Dec 2003, *Qualcomm QCP 2760, Dec 2003-Feb 2008, *LG VX-8600, Feb 2008-Apr 2010, *Samsung Omnia SCH-i910, Apr 2010-Nov 2011, *HTC Droid Incredible (CM7.2 ROM), Nov 2011-Jun 2013, *HTC Droid Incredible 2 (CM7.2 ROM), Jun 2013-Present

Carriers
    Page Plus
    T-Mobile Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Back in January, I activated online and got the $2. I wonder if you get it if you don't go through customer service?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Willow16 View Post
    Back in January, I activated online and got the $2. I wonder if you get it if you don't go through customer service?
    what are the links/steps for on-line activation? I didn't see it on the website. Thanks

Phone
    Droid X
    Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jw530 View Post
    what are the links/steps for on-line activation? I didn't see it on the website. Thanks
    It's under "Shop Online" -> "Activate" on the PPC home page menu.