Phones
    Incredible 2
    HTC Incredible 2
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Is Verizon leaving ST

There is an on going question on Straight Talks face book page, is Verizon leaving ST? I know they have the Phones that work on AT&T nework now but are the Verizon phones going to continue to work on ST? Has Verizon pulled out of Straight Talk? Thanks.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dbsmit View Post
    There is an on going question on Straight Talks face book page, is Verizon leaving ST? I know they have the Phones that work on AT&T nework now but are the Verizon phones going to continue to work on ST? Has Verizon pulled out of Straight Talk? Thanks.
    The LG 511C (Verizon service) is due out next month. What does that tell you?

Phones
    Incredible 2
    HTC Incredible 2
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I didn't know that is why I was asking. I don't know a lot about these things and thought I could find out here. When I first started with ST of course they were all phones ending in c and I was told they were Verizon network, I went on not long ago to look at the phones for my area they had no phones ending in c only g which I was told ran on AT&T I checked on the T528G, I asked on ST facebook page also to make sure it would work in my area they said yes I bought it and no signal at all so I went back to a c phone, now I have great covrage and was just wondering since there were no c ending phones for my area, was they going to quit having them. Thanks hope you can understand my jibberish

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I didn't know that is why I was asking. I don't know a lot about these things and thought I could find out here. When I first started with ST of course they were all phones ending in c and I was told they were Verizon network, I went on not long ago to look at the phones for my area they had no phones ending in c only g which I was told ran on AT&T I checked on the T528G, I asked on ST facebook page also to make sure it would work in my area they said yes I bought it and no signal at all so I went back to a c phone, now I have great covrage and was just wondering since there were no c ending phones for my area, was they going to quit having them. Thanks hope you can understand my jibberish
    What is the zip code you are entering to get to the ordering page?

Phones
    Incredible 2
    HTC Incredible 2
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Mine is 37397

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Mine is 37397
    That is the GSM4 market area. You SHOULD have had AT&T service when you were trying out the T528. It would seem you need Verizon service where you use your phone.

Verizon cost most for ST to provide, AT&T falls in the middle and T-Mobile is the cheapest. Trac companies make the most expensive service hard to come by and almost force the cheapest onto you.

Phones
    Incredible 2
    HTC Incredible 2
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Oh I see, I have a Kindle and it uses AT&T and I have to get in one spot in my house to get one bar to load a book. I am happy as long as I know my Verizon using R355C will keep working. I don't need much I get by great on the $30 plan. Thanks

Feedback Score
    I live in the 37397 zip as well it shows gsm phones for this area i have had sprint , verizon and at&t service here i am now using straight talk and can tell you verizons towers pick up ALOT better in this area than any other .

Feedback Score
    Trac's simply doing what is economically most expedient like every other company. Our local regional has roaming on Cricket, Metro , Sprint and Verizon. They roam first on the cheapest guys: Cricket/Metro, then Sprint and finally Verizon in that order. Same priority levels with ST. They want to give you the cheapest one they can if they can get away with and and give you the pricier options only when the cheaper options are less available.

Phones
    Incredible 2
    HTC Incredible 2
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tbreed725 View Post
    I live in the 37397 zip as well it shows gsm phones for this area i have had sprint , verizon and at&t service here i am now using straight talk and can tell you verizons towers pick up ALOT better in this area than any other .
    Yes I bought the new ST 528 and I could not get service. They tried to give me codes to make it better and said I sould get it, but nothing helped then the phone stopped letting me even open message,contact or email folders they wouldn't give me my money back (had the phone 2 days, bought off the ST site) but are going to give me a replacement phone, the best I can hope for is to sell on ebay to try to get a little of the money back.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Yes I bought the new ST 528 and I could not get service. They tried to give me codes to make it better and said I sould get it, but nothing helped then the phone stopped letting me even open message,contact or email folders they wouldn't give me my money back (had the phone 2 days, bought off the ST site) but are going to give me a replacement phone, the best I can hope for is to sell on ebay to try to get a little of the money back.
    You paid with a Credit card, contest a charge for something that doesn`t work. You should be able to get the charge removed. Or call the Better Business Bureau.

Feedback Score
    Why wouldn't they give you a refund? They should--you are supposed to have 30 days to return.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    The LG 511C (Verizon service) is due out next month. What does that tell you?
    We don't know for sure if the 511c is going to come out. If it was true about verizon pulling out of course they would not release the phone. I am wondering if att is restricting their tower use to the whole tracphone company. There are a lot of complaints on the facebook pages about dropped calls and I have had dropped calls as well. It wouldn't surprise me that maybe verizon and att are trying to get rid of their mvnos so they can force you to use their main prepaid plans all having to do with their thirst for a monopoly.

Feedback Score
    with the E-71, I have had no dropped calls with ST (AT&T). With my previous phone 620G I had some dropped calls, particularly when talking to my verizon friends

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tinasdude View Post
    . . . I had some dropped calls, particularly when talking to my verizon friends
    Interestingly, the only time I seem to have dropped calls is when I'm talking to someone on the AT&T network.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast