Thread: Help! Samsung Prevail Rejecting Text Messages - Memory Full

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Help! Samsung Prevail Rejecting Text Messages - Memory Full

Although I have plenty of free memory on the phone having moved all the apps I could to the SD card my Prevail gives me a messsage in the pull down menu that a text message was rejected because the memory is full every time I get a text message. I rooted the phone thinking that might help but it has not fixed the problem. Restarting the phone or manually clearing the cache does not fix this problem either. Please Help!

Thank you

Feedback Score
    it doesnt let you delete text threads/?

Phone
    Samsung Prevail
    Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Go to the task Manager and stop all your apps from running, but do not stop the launcher from running. If that clears it up go to the Android Market and get an app called watchdog. Watchdog will watch you ram usage and tell you if an app is taking more ram then is should.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Prevail
    Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    My wife got that message a few times. We didn't figure out why. She deleted all of her messages and was still getting that message. Restarting the phone actually worked for her.

I have 1078 messages currently on my phone. I only delete a few messages from time-to-time. I've never had the problem on my phone at all.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by khudzul View Post
    Go to the task Manager and stop all your apps from running, but do not stop the launcher from running. If that clears it up go to the Android Market and get an app called watchdog. Watchdog will watch you ram usage and tell you if an app is taking more ram then is should.
    How do you do that?

Feedback Score
    I have the same exact problem. Anyone have any advice?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have tried several apps including watchdog lite to kill non essential background programs and clear the cache ( including the Davilich cache ) yet the problem remains. I bought Titanium Backup to move the 'unmovable' apps to the SD card and deleted all existing text messages yet I still get the same memory full message when someone sends me a text. I suspect the phone has several partions within the internal memory and all my efforts to clear memory are affecting the wrong partition(s). Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Phone
    HTC Inspire
    Carrier
    ST Unlimited
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone figured this out yet? I am not getting inbound texts, even after deleting all my existing texts.

Feedback Score
    I got this message if my internal storage dropped below 12MB or so using the phone stock. I got so tired of it I ended up loading Shabbymod. I've been quite happy since and haven't received this message.