Thread: Help, my new LG 900g phone does not reconise the sd card.

Feedback Score

Help, my new LG 900g phone does not reconise the sd card.

Hi I just got my LG900G phone from net10.com the phone can't reconise the sd card come with it, but when I plug in the phone to a computer, the computer does see the sd card and copy files to it, but the phone still doesn't see the card, Please help what should I do?
    Thank you in advance.
    Paul

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    Try formatting it on your computer if you have the right card reader then put it back in the phone and let the phone format it. If you can't format it on your computer try to format in the phone while you're accessing it via the cable (I don't know if anyone tried to do it that way yet). Third option is format it in another phone (not another LG900G) then put it in your phone and format it. A lot of folks have had to reformat the cards outside of the phone to get the phone to recognize them. Is this a card you got from Walmart as part of a bundle, just wondering? Hope that helps.

Feedback Score
    Yes the sd card is the walmart bundle. I take it out and put inside my samsung phone and it read it, when I put it back to the LG900G, it read it also. so I am ok now, Thank you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by paul cheung View Post
    Yes the sd card is the walmart bundle. I take it out and put inside my samsung phone and it read it, when I put it back to the LG900G, it read it also. so I am ok now, Thank you.
    I have the same problem from a bundle at Walmart. My LG 900g does not recognize the sd card and I don't have another phone or computer equipment to format it outside the phone. I had to use my 2gb sd card that I already had.

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    Do you know anybody who could stick it in their phone and format it for you (something other than a LG900G)? That should be all it needs.

Feedback Score
    I also got the WalMart bundle....put the SD card in my Motorola phone, no luck..have been using my 2 gb card from that phone in the 900G. As i was in the Settings--#6 memory info....#4 external memory...(that would be the SD card..correct??) hit format, format external memory..yes....then I was asked for a security code....????? anyone know what this is about....also if I want to move a photo to the memory card it says "failed to create file"...which is I think it's because the card is not formated....never had this much trouble with the Moto!!!!!

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    pforrest122,
    The format code for that phone should be 0000 unless you changed the security code at some point. Once you format it you should be able to move pictures to the card. The security code to format the card is just an extra step to keep you from accidentally deleting everything on the card. It's also the same code that lets you lock/unlock your phone. Hope that helps, if not post again.
    Last edited by BobbyLee; 08-19-2011 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Reworded