Thread: My LG800 touch has gone nuts - repeated text message

Feedback Score

My LG800 touch has gone nuts - repeated text message

I'm sure the person that sent the msg isn't repeatedly sending it. I had the phone turned off today at work, and when I turned it back on, a text message was received - and the same message has been sent to me every 5 minutes since - (ongoing for an hour now).

I've tried a battery pull - anything else anyone knows about this before I attempt to wait on hold for half an hour w/ trac?

I read in the moto ex124g thread that some people were having trouble with this and trac was trading out phones, etc.

Please do educate me as to what is going on.

Thanks!

Carriers
    Tracfone, Net10
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    That sounds like what others ran into with the 800. TF will most likely need to swap out the phone for you.

Try the "corporate" number 1-800-876-5753, the reps that answer that number seem to be more competent than the ones answering the regular number.

Feedback Score
    When they do the 'swap' am I w/o the phone? I've tossed the box and everything . . . sadness.

Carriers
    Tracfone, Net10
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    You can keep using the old phone until the new one arrives. Once you have the new one in hand, call them again and they will switch service to the new one. Then you return the old phone in a postage-paid envelope. (In my case they didn't send the return envelope, I had to request it and I'm still waiting). (They don't want the box back, just the phone and charger)

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    You should hold out for a Motorola EX124G (GSM). Do not let them send the much cheaper LG 500G (GSM) or the cheap, feature poor, LG 501C (CDMA/Verizon) models at the beginning.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    You should hold out for a Motorola EX124G (GSM). Do not let them send the much cheaper LG 500G (GSM) or the cheap, feature poor, LG 501C (CDMA/Verizon) models at the beginning.
    Yea, I tried. The person insisted they knew about the problem and that they 'were' sending out the motorolas - but they have a new batch of LG800's that don't exhibit the problem. So I'm getting one of the new batch evidently. Works for me as I was content till it went nuts.

Phones
    LG 800G & LG enV3
    LG800G
    LG enV3
    Carrier
    Best no-contract deal (TracFone works)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by episodic View Post
    Yea, I tried. The person insisted they knew about the problem and that they 'were' sending out the motorolas - but they have a new batch of LG800's that don't exhibit the problem. So I'm getting one of the new batch evidently. Works for me as I was content till it went nuts.
    As you already must have surmised the LG 800g is fraught with small instances of madness and plain outright insanity. Mine, after using the Bluetooth connection feature to transfer a few files, now THINKS it's in Bluetooth-headset mode, and has gone completely silent - no touch-tones, no ringtones, and no voice. I can just barely manage to retrieve VM, only if I plug in a set of MP3 player stereo headphones to listen to operator's recorded prompts. It kinda sucks.

When your get your new 800 (or X 124g) please keep us all posted on how it shakes out for you. I'm gonna be going down the same road myself after I call them today. Your post here has been very helpful.

Now I know they'll be sending me a better LG 800g.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Textin & drivin; 08-02-2011 at 01:58 PM.

Feedback Score
    So I'm kind of upset. I got the phone from them today. It is the identical software and hardware version as the phone that messed up. It is V10D - not V10E - which leads me to believe I'm going to have the same problems again. I've got it activated and all - but I'm leery of this whole mess again.

If this was you what would you do?

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    So I'm kind of upset. I got the phone from them today. It is the identical software and hardware version as the phone that messed up. It is V10D - not V10E - which leads me to believe I'm going to have the same problems again. I've got it activated and all - but I'm leery of this whole mess again.

If this was you what would you do?
    I would use it and if/when it give me trouble call them again. Although you could call (800-876-5753) and ask about receiving the old version V10D, if that was a mistake on their part.

Feedback Score
    Yea, thats what I figure. Hopefully, it'll just work. How long is the warranty with them? I'll definately 'ask' for the motorola if this happens again. On the bright side they extended my date and gave me some free minutes.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Yea, thats what I figure. Hopefully, it'll just work. How long is the warranty with them? I'll definately 'ask' for the motorola if this happens again. On the bright side they extended my date and gave me some free minutes.
    Keep a record of everything you have gone through in case you need to accurately refresh their memory in the future. I`ve never needed a warrenty, I believe it is one year.

Phones
    LG 800G & LG enV3
    LG800G
    LG enV3
    Carrier
    Best no-contract deal (TracFone works)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    I would use it and if/when it give me trouble call them again. Although you could call (800-876-5753) and ask about receiving the old version V10D, if that was a mistake on their part.
    The one I got from Target had V10e. I think it's buggy too!

You know if you call them they'll drive you nuts with silly dumb questions and more lousy English. Just try it out and keep a journal on anything that is weird or goes bad. Once you have enough problems call and get another one - maybe it'll have up-to-date software.

Phones
    Motorola W376g
    LG 800G
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    My LG 800 got that "multiple text" problem 3 times in about 6 weeks. Someone on another forum discovered that happens if you get a very long text message, one that perhaps had been split into two pages to send. That proved true in my cases. However, here's something neat: my problem cleared up in 3 days each time, almost like clock work! After the third day, no more multiple texts. And, I could receive normal text messages again.

I just got my replacement LG 800, software version V10e. The same guy mentioned in the paragraph above got a V10e version, and checked it out with a long text message. No problemo! So, I'm assuming the new software version fixes that problem.

I would definitely contact Executive Resolution (?) in Miami; they are almost all clearly English speaking, and quite competent. Plus, they seem to have the authority to do most anything needed to help the customer. Or, if you do Facebook, TracFone has a Facebook page through which you can submit technical problems, and the CSR's there are both competent and very helpful. True, it takes a bit longer than a phone call, but every time I've used it they have solved my problem in a day or less.

Keep pushing for that replacement; the LG 800 is worth it!