Thread: Blackberry Bold 9900 August 31st Launch Date, Price Confirmed

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB Space Gray
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Blackberry Bold 9900 August 31st Launch Date, Price Confirmed

Not convinced by yesterday’s Blackberry Bold 9900 release date leak? We’ve got yet another document confirming the very same thing but with one extra bit of information: a $299.99 after $50 MIR rebate. The Blackberry Bold 9900 will be T-Mobile’s first 4G Blackberry with HSPA+ capability up to 14.4Mbps. Sounds good Blackberry fans? We thought so…peak the rest of the doc for more information on things we mostly already knew. Me..I’ll just staring lovingly at the “4G” symbol.

Source: http://www.tmonews.com/2011/08/leake...ice-confirmed/
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Kind of expensive but since my org now requires the BlackBerry OS as the only approved line of devices we can use I'm sure this is the device to get especially for our executive staff.

Hope it has Mobile AP capabilities.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I've been with Blackberry since 2008, but at that price point I'll either wait for a drop or migrate over to an Android device. I've already seen some things about the 9900 that don't seem very promising (i.e. crappy close-up photo due to RIM cheaping out, relatively small amount of space 188MB, lack of application support, etc.)

Device(s)
    LG-G4, wife S7
    Carrier(s)
    T-M
    Feedback Score
    It appears that this TM phone may/will not have UMA! Users on Rogers in Canada (phone went on sale yesterday)
    have reported it does not have UMA (on Crackberry forum). Rogers, like TM has had UMA on all BB phones since the 8320.

...mike
    GoogleVoice (domestic call forwarding and cheap intl. calls) Use GV to give us a "home" number in a 2nd location
    6 T-Mobile lines - Unlimited talk and text, data. 2G fast data on each line . $120/mo. + taxes. We have had no landline in more than 10 years.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Some form of Wi-Fi calling may arise in a software update but who knows if it'll be the lite client?

Sucks that this won't' be upgradable to QNX and will probably have little dev support but I'm going to get it anyways for work. Solid good looking form factor with the best keyboard in the industry. Total secure work horse.

Those of us in 4G areas should be able to take advantage of speeds up to 14.4 Kbps. Hope this HSPA radio doesn't kill the already small battery on though.

My rep from RIM said that the Mobile (Wi-Fi) HotSpot feature should also be enabled in a future software release so we can tether this bad boy without having to use a USB cable.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Looks like pre-orders may start tomorrow Aug 17th for delivery before August 28th (Biz Customers Only)

$299.99 is the price

Upgrades and in-store for everyone by August 31st
    Last edited by @TheRealDanny; 08-17-2011 at 02:32 AM.

Device(s)
    LG-G4, wife S7
    Carrier(s)
    T-M
    Feedback Score
    What else is missing besides UMA? I think the camera is degraded - no auto-focus because,posts say RIM wanted to
    make an ultra thin phone. For the first time, will not upgrade to a new BB. I'll keep my 9700 and wife will have to migrate to
    an Android (4G Slide) since her 8900 is dying. The Androids have a "modified" UMA AND can act as a wifi hot spot and have full
    camera functions with good quality. Except for faster processor, this BB is a step backwards.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Missing NFC too.

I only use my BlackBerry for work. I'm getting this anyways soon. ;-)

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    No wonder T-Mobile's Bold 9900 cost so much. Someone in marketing thought it was a dual core device by mistake? Look under the box for details:

Device(s)
    LG-G4, wife S7
    Carrier(s)
    T-M
    Feedback Score
    Vz is selling this same phone (CDMA capable, of course) for $250 w. the same contract requirement. The Vz phone will have a push to talk option (via upgrade to OS) "soon".

Feedback Score

No UMA yet? No go!

Sorry BB, but UMA is a must for me (poor reception in the house for me, plus I use it internationally).

I'll keep my 9700 and see how this shakes out.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    With T-Mobile help I was looking to move 2 users from Droid back to BB. I never considered the 9900 wouldn't include UMA but this is a deal killer for me also.

Device(s)
    N3650
    Feedback Score

Cool

Checked out this phone today to see what kind of deal they could offer me. She initially said that the full discount price was about $367 with tax. I said, wow, that's really way way more than I was looking to spend. She asked me if I could hold for a few minutes.

She came back and said she had been able to get approval for something she thought would make me happy. She said that they would still charge me $367 on the monthly bill, but then she will put a $250 credit on the bill. So the phone is mine for $117 including tax, and free next day shipping.

Wow, in my opinion, I couldn't turn that offer down. Plus I'll probably send in my Blackberry 9700 through the TradeUp Program for $100 back. All in all, not too bad. It had been 21 months since I last upgraded.