Thread: Triumph kicking my laptop off WiFi network

Phones
    Triumph, Optimus V, Intercept
    Motorola Triumph
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score

Triumph kicking my laptop off WiFi network

I find it odd. I simultaneously have my ps3 (my dad also uses his 360 or ps3 in the living room), iPod, laptop, NDS, and Optimus V (my dad also connects his iPhone 4, iPad, my mom uses her laptop.) connected to my WiFi at once and they all work fine. Unless something is being uploaded everything is fast. But when I connect my Triumph to the house WiFi, my laptop is disconnected. Oddly everything else stays connected. I tried disconnecting and powering down everything but my laptop and Triumph when home alone yet still it kicks it off the network. Anyone else have this idea or know of a solution? It's just my laptop, it doesn't share the WiFi with my Triumph. I'm not sure why.
    Last edited by JohnnyCSx; 08-03-2011 at 04:58 PM.

Feedback Score
    Check your router to see if it is set to reserve IPs. If so, check the IP address of your laptop. It sounds like your phone is trying to use the same IP as your laptop, which can happen if that number is also reserved. To eliminate this, only reserve IPs out of the DCHP servers range.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    This is absolutely a router settings issue, not a problem with the Triumph. Set up some static IPs for your devices so they're not all competing for the same subnets.

Phones
    intercept - got it 2day
    s.s died in the pool
    switchback (sold)
    Carrier
    virgin mobile
    Feedback Score

wow

This happend to me too. My sister's work laptop just jumps off the network when i get close to her with the triumph. this phone is a pos. Im taking it back!!!!

Phones
    Motorola Triumph
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm going to set the Triumph up with a static IP and just fool around from there. I'll post with how it goes, thanks. And abodd I suggest you do the same, seeing as the issue was never complained about so it must not be common

Phones
    intercept - got it 2day
    s.s died in the pool
    switchback (sold)
    Carrier
    virgin mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'll give it a shot

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Wrong place for router issues.....

Feedback Score
    he thought it was a triumph issue. goodness.

make sure also that your router is set up to accept the number of devices you are having connect.

Phones
    Motorola Triumph
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    This was posted as a question regarding the Triumph seeing as it was the only device causing issues. Therefore it was placed in the correct forum based on my knowledge of the issue prior to receiving answers. That post was completely unnecessary.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    yeah my guess is that the MT is getting the same IP as your laptop, does your laptop have a static IP?

Feedback Score
    set up your ip, but it sounds like you have A LOT of things hooked up to your router lol, are you sure you can have that many connections?

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the posts ! This solved some problems I was having with my wireless laptop connection and my triumph

Phones
    Motorola Triumph
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Everything is off except 2 laptops right now. I tried a static on my laptop but it wouldn't connect to the internet. Chrome says it's a DNS error, which is odd because everything else uses that one. I also tried a static on my phone but it still kick my laptop off. Odd though, I used cmd-ipconfig to make sure the IPs were different. Is the IP the only thing I should change? I'm pretty good with tech but never had any experience with routers, aside from typing a password into another device lol

Phones
    Motorola Triumph
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Exactly what did you do? I can't figure it out

Quote Originally Posted by adarkstar View Post
    Thanks for the posts ! This solved some problems I was having with my wireless laptop connection and my triumph

Feedback Score
    In a domain, the other thing that would cause the problem you describe would be if two computers with the same name tried to log onto the network at the same time. But, I don't know if those rules apply with home routers.

Sorry, IPs and computer names being the same are the only things I can think of that would cause this issue. I seriously doubt (by what you have described) you have too many devices hooked to your wireless network.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast