Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Triumph kicking my laptop off WiFi network

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    What do you have set as the DNS server on your PC? You need to make it yout router, EX: 192.168.1.1

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by abodd View Post
    This happend to me too. My sister's work laptop just jumps off the network when i get close to her with the triumph. this phone is a pos. Im taking it back!!!!
    Obvious troll is too obvious.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCSx View Post
    Exactly what did you do? I can't figure it out
    I googles info on my router on how to set up my laptop with a static IP. After I set up the laptop my MT and laptop play nice together. (its an old router - used during WWII )

Phones
    Triumph, Optimus V, Intercept
    Motorola Triumph
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thanks, I'll look that up in the morning

Carrier
    VM
    Feedback Score
    Holy crap, mine started doing this two days ago- I didn't even make the mental connection until last night!

Then I see a thread about this?!?!?! Whoa...

I have a Linksys E3000. Two Xboxes (1 wired/1 wireless), 2 wireless laptops, and a gaming pc wired in.

1 LG OV, and I turn on wireless on my Triumph and my laptop keeps disconnecting from the router.

I've upgraded the firmware in the router and have had to reboot it to maintain connection. After seeing this thread, I'm going to have to start firguring out what is really going on here.

Weird.
    I root, therefore I am.

....a nerd.

Phones
    HTC Rezound
    HTC Rezound
    HTC Droid DNA
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless/Verizon Fios Quantum 75/35
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by allenk09 View Post
    Obvious troll is too obvious.
    Why is it anyone who does not praise this phone or come off like a fanboy a troll,this is a forum to discuss things good or bad,weather you like people knocking your god send triumph.or not

Feedback Score
    i have the same problem but its not the router's fault. my desktop is on one side of the house, my room is on the other side. when the MT and my desktop is far from each other they both connect to the router fine with separate IP but when i bring my MT next to the desktop, the desktop disconnects from the router and i have to turn off WIFI on the MT and unplug/replug the NIC on the desktop. i was looking at the router with another laptop and noticed the only 802.11ng devices are my MT and the desktop. im currently using a MIUI ROM 11-30-11 on my MT. no solution but more data for anybody else to wrap their heads around.

Phones
    Motorola Triumph
    Motorola Triumph
    Samsung Exhibit II
    Carriers
    Virgin Mobile
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Similar Problem

Quote Originally Posted by compulady5 View Post
    Holy crap, mine started doing this two days ago- I didn't even make the mental connection until last night!

Then I see a thread about this?!?!?! Whoa...

I have a Linksys E3000. Two Xboxes (1 wired/1 wireless), 2 wireless laptops, and a gaming pc wired in.

1 LG OV, and I turn on wireless on my Triumph and my laptop keeps disconnecting from the router.

I've upgraded the firmware in the router and have had to reboot it to maintain connection. After seeing this thread, I'm going to have to start firguring out what is really going on here.

Weird.
    I have a very similar problem using my Motorola Triumph with a TEW-652BRP TRENDnet b/g/n 20/40MHz router while using WPA2, PSK, AES encryption and without any security settings enabled. I can see the WLAN LED turn off and all my other WiFi devices (Laptop, Wii, Kindle) be disconnected when I turn on WiFi on my Triumph.
    To temporarily fix the problem I power cycle the router and modem while keeping the WiFi power enabled on the Triumph and I am able to connect. It seems to me that the problem has something to do with turning the WiFi on or unlocking the screen after a long period of time thus triggering the phone to connect to the saved WiFi SSID. I have tested using no other WiFi devices and the problem persists ruling out a connected device limit. Reseting the router to factory default config and upgrading the firmware of the router have no affect. I'm not sure what else to try.

Phones
    hiptop
    7100t
    nokia 6101
    Carriers
    tmobile
    Feedback Score
    its not the routers fault its your NIC on the pc. i had this issue with the MT and my desktop. i switched from a usb dongle to a pci NIC and everything worked out.

Feedback Score
    I had this issue and fixed it by downloading an app called "IP Address Change & Log" to change IP. Working good so far!!!

Phone
    lg optimus,motorola i425,samsung r211
    Carrier
    boost mobile,cricket paygo,virgin mobile
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (lg optimus v,huawei m835: Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/6.5.27452/27.1251; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/11.10)

sorry
    Last edited by phonemagician; 02-24-2012 at 11:52 PM.

Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phonemagician View Post
    Wirelessly posted (lg optimus v,huawei m835: Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/6.5.27452/27.1251; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/11.10)

sorry
    Check again bro, no one mentioned tethering.
    HP Envy 14
    iPhone 5 16GB

Phone
    lg optimus,motorola i425,samsung r211
    Carrier
    boost mobile,cricket paygo,virgin mobile
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mischief
    Quote Originally Posted by phonemagician
    sorry
    Check again bro, no one mentioned tethering.
    you should check again cause i changed it.i was talking to the person that started this thread. i corrected myself
    Last edited by phonemagician; 02-25-2012 at 12:15 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2