Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What major Carrier NETWORK is NET10 on in NY Metro and Boston, MA and Los Angeles, CA

Feedback Score

What major Carrier NETWORK is NET10 on in NY Metro and Boston, MA and Los Angeles, CA

my family members told me Sprint is too expensive and we should switch to Net 10 monthly plan, we are scattered in 3-4 states how would this work out? what networks are the above 3 areas's Net10 service on? thanks in advance!

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    zindabad,
    What network you end up using depends on the model of phone you get from Net10. C model (CDMA) phones work on the Verizon network and the G model (GSM) phones work on the T-Mobile or AT&T. If you give us zip codes we can tell you which network you will probably end up on if you order phones from Net10 with the real zip codes (there are ways to game the system using zip codes to get on the Network you want). If you get a G model phone from a local retailer (like Walmart, Radio Shack, KMart, etc..) it's most likely it will be on AT&T. Hope this helps.

Based on the city names and the fact that T-Mobile says they cover those cities you would probably end up with 3 T-Mobile phones if you order them from Net10 and use your real zip codes. T-Mobile costs Tracfone less to put you on so that's probably who they would stick you with.
    Last edited by BobbyLee; 08-04-2011 at 10:03 PM.

Feedback Score
    Those are major cities, so I imagine you can do the zip code dance and order whatever carrier you want and it will work fine. You just have to look at the phone selection.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    When they say "game" the zip code they are refering to the fact that Trac asks you to enter the zip code where you will be using the phone the most or where it is going as a gift. This leaves it wide open for you to use a zip code for the Trac market area for the provider you want not just the one Trac wants to stick you with. You will find the GSM phones have more advanced features than the CDMA. Its assumed the CDMA service costs Trac more to offer than GSM so they make the GSM`s more attractive.

Let us know what phone models grab your interest. Feel free to ask questions.

Feedback Score
    oh thanks u netfonaholics for the explanations. i played around entering all 3 different zips for us but it showed the same boring-seeming phones.

i'm entering 90701, 11375, and 02101 but seeing the same selection.

can u give some example zips that widen my selection?

one of the phones has to have to biggest web browser screen, as well as a physical qwerty -- which would that be, y'all??

and the other, a clamshell that has qwerty (i wish!) or at least the biggest clamshell screen for web/text -- which would dat one be???

and the 3rd well we havent decided yet..

thxxx......

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zindabad View Post
    oh thanks u netfonaholics for the explanations. i played around entering all 3 different zips for us but it showed the same boring-seeming phones.

i'm entering 90701, 11375, and 02101 but seeing the same selection.

can u give some example zips that widen my selection?

one of the phones has to have to biggest web browser screen, as well as a physical qwerty -- which would that be, y'all??

and the other, a clamshell that has qwerty (i wish!) or at least the biggest clamshell screen for web/text -- which would dat one be???

and the 3rd well we havent decided yet..

thxxx......
    Is that third zip code correct? I receive an error message when entering it with Net10.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    When you are on the buy phones page look up at the address bar at the URL and note the Market area you will be ordering from. The following link has information at the bottom of the page on what these markets will get you in the way of phones and the accompanying service provider. You will also find coverage maps for the various providers. The accompanying links will take you to the various ordering page, but do not order from them. You have a lot to learn/varify before buying.

http://thejmart.com/tracfone.htm

Feedback Score
    i'll check that link out. yeah 02101 is boston

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    i'll check that link out. yeah 02101 is boston
    I used the closest listed zip for Boston, 02108. All three of the zip codes put you on the GSM5AT market order page, meaning GSM phones running on T-Mobile service. T-Mobile is not the prefered provider. AT&T is prefered. If you want AT&T you will have to use a different zip code to get the GSM4 market area. Also another different zip for CDMA/Verizon from the CO market area.

You can actually use three different Zips in buying, one to order, another for the ship to address and a third to get a local phone number.

Feedback Score
    the link is ... you made that document? awesome!! we each hav numbers we'd be porting in (is that okay?)

so yea i jumped ahead and started entering up CO, COGSM5, GSM5AT etc. etc

how do i conjure up all ATT phones. GSM4 or GSM5AT?? thxx

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    the link is ... you made that document? awesome!! we each hav numbers we'd be porting in (is that okay?)

so yea i jumped ahead and started entering up CO, COGSM5, GSM5AT etc. etc

how do i conjure up all ATT phones. GSM4 or GSM5AT?? thxx

The link is provided by Jimates, who is extremely experienced but does not show up here much any more.
    The Net10 links are at the very bottom. Scroll up just a bit for the Tracfone links/markets/provider/zips to use for a better explination.
    T-Mobile is the cheapest provider so Trac tries to "stick" everyone with them. Everyone wants either AT&T or Verizon. Verizon is the most expensive provider so Trac does all they can to deter you from them. Trac does what is best for them, not you.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Here is another Jimates site with lots of information.
    http://thejmart.com/links.htm

The site is a bit dated, but still very useful.

Feedback Score
    ok will take another look thx in advance again,

im trying to put the EX124G in my cart but it gives an error message. (edit - nevermind it works now)

im not gonna order or buy local till next week but is that phone even available? i also like the 1500 for another fam member but i will pick ones to show them on yt or at local stores and then hav em decide..

yea would prefer to go with verizon > att > tmobile though, yeaaa

Carrier
    NET10/TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    ...Everyone wants either AT&T or Verizon...
    Woe, not everyone! I prefer T-Mobile in my area.

Feedback Score
    This is spot on... except the vast majority of phones are AT&T because they have the widest footprint... wider than tmobile.. so in all likelihood it will be a GSM phone you get excepting certain models with a "C" designation which is CDMA (rare instances where the letter is not part of the model too are also findable, but NOT mainstream). If AT&T wanted, they could be the cheapest provider of minutes, but once they acquire tmobile Tracfone has less wiggle room on rates. They could go up forcing lots of consumers back onto landlines (VOIP & VOIP OVER WIFI)... but time will tell.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast