Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Triple Minutes For Life on Any Phone: Is it possible?

Feedback Score
    Does TMFL allow it to be combined with bonus codes. One major prepaid site says it might not be possible. I follow Tracfone (as it is the BIGGEST prepaid mvno in the US) but don't regularly use it. Would love to know if you can squeeze more out of it with the bonus codes. Or is America Movil saying you can have TMFL or bonus codes but not both? Any experiences out there with the new TMFL and bonus code combo thing? Please post.

Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fonezfonz View Post
    Does TMFL allow it to be combined with bonus codes. One major prepaid site says it might not be possible.
    I briefly addressed this in an earlier post, but I haven't seen any additional anecdotal evidence about it since then. I guess we need to wait for more people to test it and write about it.

Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    When I test the TM feature on the new phone I'll probably try a bonus code too.

I would expect to to work like DM. The face value of the card gets doubled or tripled, then you get the bonus.
    so:
    200 min card + 60 bonus => 600 min and 60 bonus.

Just like the DMFL program, TMFL wouldn't apply to the "bonus" minutes.

Phones
    Nokia 2600,6010,3585i
    LG Optimus L9,iPhone 3GS & 4Sx2,Palm Pixi Plus
    Nokia Lumia 520, 3220, 6030, 3585i
    Carrier
    GoPhonex4 PagePlusx2 TMo2Go Tracfone Ptel AV
    Feedback Score
    Ok. This got my attention now. Let me see if I got this right: So for $120 or so (The other LG w/qwerty and TMFL @HSN) I can add 1200min/1yr and TMFL to my existing phone? and besides I'm left with a new LG phone? Wow. That's sounds too tempting.

I wonder if TF would eventually kill my current phone w/DMFL if I try this on it or do they even care at all?
    Current:Former:
    Hi, my name is Jairzinho and I've been Wireless Contract-free for 14 years!

Phone
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jairzinho View Post
    Let me see if I got this right: So for $120 or so (The other LG w/qwerty and TMFL @HSN) I can add 1200min/1yr and TMFL to my existing phone? and besides I'm left with a new LG phone? Wow. That's sounds too tempting.
    That's what I'm attempting. However, I alread had the same phone (LG500G).
    So I bought the HSN TMFL version (with accessories) and the 1300 minutes and 1yr service was added to my existing phone. I have not yet verified that the TMFL was added to my existing pohone, but no word that it wasn't from TF/HSN/SimplyWireless.

I'll know in a few days if the TMFL is really there.
    Since my son's TMFL phone (T404G) had a hickup in the first few hours I'm waiting a while to test mine.

Phones
    LG 290C
    Nokia 6300 (unlocked)
    Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I predict that TMFL will not be on the existing phone, but rather on the new phone from HSN. Just my guess, but we'll have to wait and see. I'm really glad someone is testing this. I would have ordered an HSN deal for sure if I had known that the airtime could be added to another phone.

Phone
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    The airtime definately went to the old phone. I was as suprised as you. I just figured it was worth a shot and I could play dumb if it went wrong (Since I have 4 LG500Gs, 2 active from local stores and 2 inactive from HSN). I really expected the SimplyWireless site to flag the "error" but it didn't. And ~45 minutes later the airtime hit the phone.

I'm on the phone now with the Miami number {because my son's phone still isn't tripling (ordered from TF).
    Last week they claimed to have fixed it, but when the value plan minutes arrived this morning, they weren't tripled (not doubled either).}

I had her check my phone and the system shows TMFL on the phone.

So, I'll see what bonus codes I can find for cheap cards and add minutes to my phone later.
    Where's that code for 200 bonus that worked with a 30 minute card when I need it. (like we'll ever see that again)

With 1300+ and 500 days I really don't need the minutes right now.

Someone want to volunteer a PIN for my experiment?

Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

TMFL - Is it possible

I purchased a TMFL LG800 from shopcelldeals and activated it with a 15 digit pin provided by them. It clearly
    stated that the pin was tied to the serial no. and if you attempted to add the pin to another existing phone
    pin would be deemed "invalid".

Let us know what happens with your test. Also, I have added minutes with a regular trac card and
    used a bonus code. Minutes tripled and I did indeed receive the bonus minutes.

Last thing - I put this phone on my Family Value Plan as a "second" phone. It is supposed to get 40 mins./
    month. Today it only received 80 mins (double-not triple). I called Tracfone and they had it resolved in
    under 6 minutes. Amazing !

They did ask me where I purchased the phone which I thought was strange, then immediately sent the
    missing 40 minutes to the phone. We will see what it gets next month.

Phone
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by weiden1 View Post
    I purchased a TMFL LG800 from shopcelldeals and activated it with a 15 digit pin provided by them.
    HSN provided no PIN or card. It was all done based on the order number and the phone number.

It is supposed to get 40 mins./
    month. Today it only received 80 mins (double-not triple). I called Tracfone and they had it resolved in
    under 6 minutes. Amazing !

They did ask me where I purchased the phone which I thought was strange, then immediately sent the
    missing 40 minutes to the phone. We will see what it gets next month.
    Yeah, they have been quick to add the missing time on the T404G, but cannot figure out why it's not working correctly. The girl elevated it to higher level support today. We'll see if they figure it out and what happens next time.

Feedback Score

Thumbs down shopcelldeals/Amazon Triple no longer honored.

Quote Originally Posted by weiden1 View Post
    I purchased a TMFL LG800 from shopcelldeals and activated it with a 15 digit pin provided by them.
    I am about at wits end after spending so much time on this issue after reading so much good stuff on this site. From Amazon, I got the LG800 which I like and was sold as 1200 minutes and Triple minutes for life at $110 but its either a scam or recently changed. Amazon sells via shopcelldeals.

I set up lots of stuff on the LG800, ported old cell number all fine except... only 20 minutes of time and nothing in progress.

Now after 3 different calls to Tracfone, checking with supervisors and once transferred to HSN (which I have never used) it is clear Tracfone does not recognize shopcelldeals as an authorized retailer.

They WILL NOT HONOR their triple minutes. Someone else had the same experience a few days ago posted on the Amazon reviews for this and my warning review is still pending.

I am also concerned that the shopcelldeals website is down.

I e-mailed shopcelldeals via Amazon and got quick replies (good sign). The first suggested I didn't follow the activation instructions which of course I had, entered the codes and confirmed 3 times with Tracfone that my paid for minutes are bogus and I needed to go back to the seller.

Another person got response from shipcelldeals that the minutes came with the phone - dah... yes we know.. but we can't get them.

I have a claim ticket in with Amazon and they may refund something to me but will take maybe 2 weeks to resolve and they still have it for sale on the Amazon site.

According to one of the 3 Tracfone customer support (10-15 min wait in each but their English was OK) only HSN legitimately offers the triple plan.

What I don't know yet is what is discussed here, whether or not I have to toss the shopcelldeals phone and start over or if I can buy 1-year 1200 minutes from HSN.

This has been very frustrating obviosly and need to get plan not wait for refund, and hopefully shopcelldeals is not going out of business but their site down and not recognized by Tracfone is a bad sign.

Phone
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Sorry I cannot offer help with shopcelldeals or Amazon.

I only know my experiences with the T404G straight form TracFone and the LG500G from HSN.

What TF number did you call? Suggest trying the corporate number in Miami (was anyway).
    Also try TF's facebook page, or even the official TF forum (tracfoneforum.com)

Anything but the normal phone support.

Feedback Score
    I called both the regular phone support and Miami. Both said the same thing - Even though I bought the 1200 minutes they do not recognize Amazon or shopcelldeals as an authorized retailer.. Yep, Amazon the largest online store I believe in the world that still has it listed as available.

Phone
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    So, I'll see what bonus codes I can find for cheap cards and add minutes to my phone later.

Someone want to volunteer a PIN for my experiment?
    OK, so no one volunteered an airtime PIN for my experiment.

So, just bought a 60 min card and used promo code 67861 for 60 bonus minutes.
    So that should be 60 x 3 (TMFL) + 60 (bonus) = 240 minutes for $20 (or 8.33 cents per minute).

Came through in seconds. Message reads:
    60 mins, 180 bonus, 90 days

So, It worked. I added the HSN minutes and TMFL to my existing LG500G.

Now to do the same for my wife's phone.

Again, I had an active LG500G already and bought the HSN LG500G+TMFL+1300min deal.

It may or may not work with a different model phone.

Carrier
    NET10/TracFone
    Feedback Score
    ST Dog, just to make sure I've got it right: you set up your existing LG500 with the TMFL + 1300 minutes and you did not activate the new phone that came with the bundle - correct?

I wonder if the new phone would have TMFL when it eventually gets activated.

Phone
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by millept View Post
    ST Dog, just to make sure I've got it right: you set up your existing LG500 with the TMFL + 1300 minutes and you did not activate the new phone that came with the bundle - correct?
    Correct.

I wonder if the new phone would have TMFL when it eventually gets activated.
    I doubt it. Given that the simplywireless site is what added the minutes and TMFL to my existing phone, and the phone packaging shows it as a DMFL phone, I think activating it would just give a normal DMFL phone.

But it looks to be proof that HSN/simplywireless does not link the IMEI to the order number.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast