Thread: How to check to see if phone is Stolen?

Feedback Score

How to check to see if phone is Stolen?

So i was informed this would be the best site to get help for my question. I have started to buy phones off of craigslist, fix them up, and then sell the on ebay. But i can't help but wonder if the phone is legit or not. I bout this HTC EVO off this guy for pretty cheap. I thought it was cheap because the dang thing didn't even turn on, I got it to turn on and called sprint and they said the ESN is bad. I think he just didn't know what to do with it cause it got water logged. Anyway, is there a way for me to really know if I am recieving stolen goods? Is it wrong of me to turn around and sell it on eBay? Is there anyone on this site that works for Sprint that could help me out? I really don't want to sell anything stolen. Last question, am I at fault if I buy a phone off of someone, it ends up being stolen and I don't know that, and I turn around and sell it on eBay? Sorry if this has been covered before, I really couldn't find anything through the search.

Phone
    Nexus 6
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Moved to general forum.
    Sensorly --- Signal Check Pro --- Root Metrics

$40 - Unlimited (Framily)
    $15 - 2GB Tablet Plan

HAVE YOU READ THE FORUM RULES??

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 503ducati View Post
    Moved to general forum.
    Thanks. Big help. My bad, Im a noob.

Phones
    Ace,V950
    Q9c
    Touch
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ducksauce88 View Post
    So i was informed this would be the best site to get help for my question. I have started to buy phones off of craigslist, fix them up, and then sell the on ebay. But i can't help but wonder if the phone is legit or not. I bout this HTC EVO off this guy for pretty cheap. I thought it was cheap because the dang thing didn't even turn on, I got it to turn on and called sprint and they said the ESN is bad. I think he just didn't know what to do with it cause it got water logged. Anyway, is there a way for me to really know if I am recieving stolen goods? Is it wrong of me to turn around and sell it on eBay? Is there anyone on this site that works for Sprint that could help me out? I really don't want to sell anything stolen. Last question, am I at fault if I buy a phone off of someone, it ends up being stolen and I don't know that, and I turn around and sell it on eBay? Sorry if this has been covered before, I really couldn't find anything through the search.
    Call sprint before you buy one and give them the esn they will tell you if its clean or not.

If its not clean its junk, don't sell it to a.Sprint customer.

Sent from my PG86100 using HowardForums
    Why do peole that don't have Sprint, post in Sprint forums hmmmmm ie Troll Alert

If the economy is so bad way are you wasting $200-$2,000 with Verizon or ATT... shame shame

Carriers
    Sprint
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Use deathtrip's ESN checker. http://www.howardforums.com/
    [SIZE][font=Geneva,Verdana]renew orleans

Feedback Score
    as far as ebay, u will have to sell it for 'part of repair' since it has a bad esn. someone there might buy it for parts, or unlock it for use on some other foreign carrier, or flash a different esn on it over to boost/etc, the latter which is illegal per FCC.

thank goodness for DT's checker, u'll never have to deal with bad ESNs again. good luck with your business!