Thread: LG500G: Power End buttton quit working

Carriers
    ATT
    Feedback Score

LG500G: Power End buttton quit working

Recently I've found using one particular generic holster the Add Airtime screen would be on the display - even tho key lock was on and working. Now, the Power End button won't do anything. I press it to wake up the phone display and it won't function. Pressing it and holding, nada. I'm not ready to pop out the battery and trythat.

No problem just keeping it charged and using it. Has anyone suffered this before, what did you do?

Why couldn't it be the browser?

Carrier
    Air Voice
    Feedback Score
    Tirod....I had the very same thing happen to my LG500G last week. The end button quit functioning for anything. I also noticed that my contact list had been repeated 6 times in that folder. I was afraid to remove the battery for fear that if the end button still didn't work I wouldn't be able to turn it back on. I got another 500 and ported my number and minutes over to it and when I determined that everything was working on the new phone I went ahead and removed the battery on the old one. Now it works perfectly too! I had the same thing happen to my LG800G and removing the battery fixed that one too. The only thing the two phones had in common besides both being LG is that I had installed BOLT on both of them.
    Just a thought.

Feedback Score
    Wow, LG is 2 for 2 in the QUALITY control department... Putting off getting another tracfone was a wise decision..

Carriers
    AT&T (cell)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tmc8080 View Post
    Wow, LG is 2 for 2 in the QUALITY control department... Putting off getting another tracfone was a wise decision..
    Unless you factor in the millions that are happy and have never had a probem....

Carriers
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    I suspect mine would do the same - pull the battery and restart should clear the glitch. I've had other LG's that acted similarly, like not updating the time/date until you shut down and restarted.

I'll let the airtime tick down and attempt it when my balance is near zero. The DG and WM have them on the peghook for a few more months if the product cycle remains the same, and if it's a worse case situation, I'll get another.

Since the issue seemed to crop up (Prepaid screen up and running even on keylock) when I had it in a holster with seat belt on, it may be too much bending. This is a wide, thin phone, not thick and stiff like the previous ones. That means rethinking how to carry, which is problematic.

Carriers
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    And as an update, pulling the battery did the trick. The button works just fine now. As for quality, that would be the phone makers issue, not TF - they don't do anything but order them with interesting program logic. From what I've be able to trace, the LG500G is coming from India. That's likely the next huge supplier of tech devices who can compete with China. They have a serious amount of tech leadership, and an untapped source of labor desperate for any job.

Feedback Score
    I am a new TracFone LG500G owner. I've had mine for a little over a week. I had a similar problem with the Power End Button not able to turn off the phone. I did not notice any other problem with the phone. I have treated the phone very gently, and have hardly used the phone since my purchase. Removing the back cover and the battery did resolve my issue with the Power End Button. Despite the above problem, I'm still satisfied with the phone so far.

Feedback Score
    I've had one problem with the phone not powering up. Always keep battery fully charged, so it wasn't that. I solved it by removing & replacing the battery. Never had any problems whatsoever until I tried putting the phone in a hard-shell, snap-on case. I can't be sure what caused this problem, but for now I will stop using the case.

I can't imagine why putting the phone in a case would cause this problem, but I'm not especially tech savvy, so who knows? Has anyone else had this problem after putting the phone in a case? Just curious.

Many thanks.

Feedback Score
    macawlady1959,

Hopefully you just experience a one-time-glitch. If the case does not interfere with the power button, try putting the phone back in the case again - and it will probably work just fine. I have an LG800G in a hard case, and it works fine.
    Cheers!

Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Mine did the same exact thing. I panicked, then decided to pull the battery like what everyone said. Everything worked as it should, except for my browser button In case SHTF for your situation, try to spend your minutes before pulling the battery, that way you wont feel as guilty if you lost only like 20 units.

Feedback Score

Red face Lg500g: Sometimes can't unlock-- Snap on case?

Quote Originally Posted by macawlady1959 View Post
    I've had one problem with the phone not powering up. Always keep battery fully charged, so it wasn't that. I solved it by removing & replacing the battery. Never had any problems whatsoever until I tried putting the phone in a hard-shell, snap-on case. I can't be sure what caused this problem, but for now I will stop using the case.

I can't imagine why putting the phone in a case would cause this problem, but I'm not especially tech savvy, so who knows? Has anyone else had this problem after putting the phone in a case? Just curious.

Many thanks.
    I just got my phone today and found that sometimes I cannot unlock it-- It says to press "unlock", I do, it says to press "yes", and I do, but the button isn't reading-- the screen doesn't change, the keypad does not unlock. I have to remove the snap-on case I put on it and the battery to get it to unlock. I started to wonder if it could be the case (but like you, have no clue why it would make a difference-- it's not a tight-fitting case or anything, and I looked and none of the buttons were being touched by it at all) What is weird, though, is that it doesn't happen every time. So far tonight, as I'm trying to set it up, become familar with it and customize it, it has happened 3 times-- once when it was locked manually by the key on the keypad, and twice when it locked with autolock. Now I am leaving the case off to see if I can find the same problems. If I do, it's getting sent back to TracFone... Such a disappointment, though-- My last lg flip phone lasted 6 years and even survived being dropped into a river. (Unfortunately when my husband borrowed it, and then washed his coat with it in his pocket, it didn't survive 100%-- Could still make and receive calls, but none of the navigation buttons worked anymore, which is why I ordered the 500g to replace it.)

I'm hoping it's just something strange with the case... though it would be a pity if I couldn't use my brand new cute orange case!

Feedback Score
    Just tonight my LG500g power button stopped working. It would't allow me to wake up the display nor power my phone off. I thought about pulling out the battery, but could't remember if it would be a good idea. Always worked on my other phone never lost anything. I like this phone and this is the first problem I've experienced and I've owned the phone for about 6 months.

Feedback Score
    Go ahead and take out the battery. I don't see any other way to force a reboot.