Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nokia E71 vs. E5 - Sim cards in Iphone?

Feedback Score

Nokia E71 vs. E5 - Sim cards in Iphone?

I recently decided to switch to Straight Talk after deciding I was paying too much on my other plan. Part of the thing that convinced me was that Straight Talk currently offers the Nokia E71, and I know that the sim card from the E71 is compatible with the Iphone.

What I was wondering is, is the sim card from the E5 compatible with the Iphone as well? Anybody have any experience with this?

Feedback Score

Huh?

This topic has been thoroughly discussed here...use the search button.

Phones
    Blackberry 8310,lg300g,nokia 5185i
    8310 Curve
    LG300G
    Carriers
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    yes they both use TF64PSIMC4....now jimxx200 was that really that hard to type? i mean its a new member come-on be decent. you used more energy saying search then just saying yes they are the same Sim card

Phone
    Cingular 2125
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Since you're going to buy the phone just for the SIM, why not buy the cheapest option?

The e71 and 6790 are available for about $169 on walmart.com, and the E5 is still $199. Since the SIM is the same, why pay more?

Carrier
    AT&T / ST
    Feedback Score
    New member so take it easy. I went in to buy the e71 today and the employee said they were recalled from every store, as well as the 6790. All they had was the e5. I have read in some places that they are now locking some of those SIM cards to the phones as well, is this true? Is there a guarantee that if i order the e71 off walmart.com it will still work in my HTC Inspire, or should i not take the chance and pay for the e5

Phone
    Optimus G
    Carrier
    Not Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bajaoffroad01 View Post
    New member so take it easy. I went in to buy the e71 today and the employee said they were recalled from every store, as well as the 6790. All they had was the e5. I have read in some places that they are now locking some of those SIM cards to the phones as well, is this true? Is there a guarantee that if i order the e71 off walmart.com it will still work in my HTC Inspire, or should i not take the chance and pay for the e5
    I have not seen any confirmed instance of any of these phones having a locked SIM card. I have however, seen several confirmed instances of WalMart employees not knowing what they are talking about in regards to these phones.

All that said, unless you really want a e71 for some reason the e5 is a little more modern device and for the extra $30 may be worth it just to go ahead and get it. Even if you intend to use another phone at least it will be there later if you do need to use it, or want to stop using ST all together and sell it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bajaoffroad01 View Post
    Is there a guarantee that if i order the e71 off walmart.com it will still work in my HTC Inspire, or should i not take the chance and pay for the e5
    You're guaranteed to be out 97˘ should you have to return for that reason. If 97˘ is too steep of a gamble then do not take the chance and pay $30 more for the E5.

Carrier
    AT&T / ST
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kecel View Post
    You're guaranteed to be out 97˘ should you have to return for that reason. If 97˘ is too steep of a gamble then do not take the chance and pay $30 more for the E5.
    lol ok. I went ahead and got the E5 from the store just now, activated it and transfered the SIM into my Inspire. It is working great. Internet is actually pretty fast when it is changed over. I feel that i am going to enjoy this, and the E5 was kinda worth it because I was not waiting for shipping and it is a newer model phone with more options, if I am ever in a situation where it is needed.

Feedback Score
    just a f.y.i the straight talk site has Nokia E71 Reconditioned Smart Phone for $99.99 a savings of $69.01.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TinkerMomOf2 View Post
    just a f.y.i the straight talk site has Nokia E71 Reconditioned Smart Phone for $99.99 a savings of $69.01.
    The 6790 is also included. Finally the bargain SIM everyone has been clammering for. Those recons won`t last long at that price for the SIM. They may already be sold out. Order here:

http://www.shopstraighttalk.com/bpdi...Phonelist=true

Feedback Score
    I'm using my sim card from my nokia e71, i have a iphone 3g. I can't get mms. I've tried to have it jailbroken,but they say it can't be jailbreak. Is there another way around it?

Phone
    iPhone 5, 4, 3GS, 3, 1
    Carrier
    Verizon, Straight Talk (AT&T), T-mobile, AT&T, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jama Miner View Post
    I'm using my sim card from my nokia e71, i have a iphone 3g. I can't get mms. I've tried to have it jailbroken,but they say it can't be jailbreak. Is there another way around it?
    What do you mean it can't be jailbroken? What app are you using? Snowbreeze or redsn0w? The latest iOS for 3G is 4.2.1 and it's definitely jailbreakable. What is the exact error you're getting?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TinkerMomOf2 View Post
    And as we know, if you are buying to use the SIM in another phone, this is the cheapest rout to take. Unless you can buy just a SIM some where.

ST to IPhone http://howardforums.com/bYd8e
    ST to Android http://howardforums.com/Xael3
    ST to Windows Phone http://howardforums.com/MMuZH
    Tracfone CS at 800-876-5753 or 800-626-4883
    Phone Number for Google Customer Service. 18558363987

Feedback Score
    I ordered two of the refurbished e-71's off ST's website last weekend. Recieved the phones with 2 Locked SIM cards, which happened to not be compatible with the zip code I live in. ST overnighted me 2 replacement SIM cards and will be here tomorrow. I will keep you all updated with what comes in the mail.

If the replacements also locked the $99 "deal" isnt really much of a deal if you are just wanting to get an unlocked SIM card (like myself). I will be returning these phones if they are in fact Locked and going to Wally's to get the E-5

Phone
    Optimus G
    Carrier
    Not Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zacharyb123 View Post
    I ordered two of the refurbished e-71's off ST's website last weekend. Recieved the phones with 2 Locked SIM cards, which happened to not be compatible with the zip code I live in. ST overnighted me 2 replacement SIM cards and will be here tomorrow. I will keep you all updated with what comes in the mail.

If the replacements also locked the $99 "deal" isnt really much of a deal if you are just wanting to get an unlocked SIM card (like myself). I will be returning these phones if they are in fact Locked and going to Wally's to get the E-5
    The SIMs will be unlocked. So far, it is assumed that these smartphones will not function correctly with a locked SIM card, or otherwise they would have been locked from the beginning. The locked SIMs you received has been a common mistake made by ST lately.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast