Thread: Samsung Google Nexus S screen cracked - replacement or screen repair?

Phones
    Google Nexus S
    Motorola V60g
    Sony T637
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score

Samsung Google Nexus S screen cracked - replacement or screen repair?

Hey all

I cracked my Nexus S screen and it's inoperable.

Some background info: I bought it 4 months ago through Fido and it fell from the height of my desk.

What's the warranty process like.. can Fido help or would I be directed to Samsung in order to get it repaired or have it replaced outright?

Thanks!
    "Whether you think you can or cannot, either way you are right" - Henry Ford

Phones
    Apple iPhone 5
    Apple iPhone 5
    Apple iPhone 4
    Carriers
    Fido Solutions Inc.
    Feedback Score
    Unfortunately there's no more warranty.

Two choices, call Fido and ask them the contact number of Samsung Tech. Support and also the third party repair center so you can ship your phone for repair. Obviously it will be at your own cost...

Or go at the Fido Store, maybe they will be able to send the phone on your behalf to Samsung for repair. But it will be also at your own cost.

Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by revvy View Post
    ...I cracked my Nexus S screen and it's inoperable...

What's the warranty process like.. can Fido help or would I be directed to Samsung in order to get it repaired or have it replaced outright?...

---
    - Fritz Z24...

Sent from my Apple iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: All my posts, replies, comments and/or opinions expressed on www.howardforums.com are my own contribution only. The views expressed on this page do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of Fido, its management or employees.
    Fritz Z24...

Phones
    Google Nexus S
    Motorola V60g
    Sony T637
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    thanks for the response Fritz!

Do you know of any specific repair shops .. I'd imagine the turnaround period is at least a month... something of which I can't really do..

Phones
    Google Nexus S
    Motorola V60g
    Sony T637
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Okay, so I ended up going to TechKnow by Front & Spadina. Ended costing me about 225 bones but I wanted it done day. Everything is working fine

Another place I considered was Ming Wireless.. tehy were going to charge somewhere in the ballpark of $160 excluding taxes, but I had to wait until next Tuesday

What can I say.. I'm impatient and love same day service

Feedback Score
    I know we all love our own phones but for 350 you could have gotten a brand new one at Best Buy. I know - 100 more but you'd have a new warranty.
    I'm not telling you anything that you can't just google for yourself

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ToastyinCAD View Post
    I know we all love our own phones but for 350 you could have gotten a brand new one at Best Buy. I know - 100 more but you'd have a new warranty.
    Where did you get $350 from?

Carrier
    BELL Canada
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There are screens for 100 on eBay but you had to do yourself.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by B407 View Post
    Where did you get $350 from?
    http://mobilesyrup.com/2011/08/05/ko...ropped-to-350/

https://shop.koodomobile.com/phones/models/index.html

Also - I was just in Best Buy and that's what it was priced at in the "unlocked" section of their phones. It's not on their website right now though - but, yes...it's in deed $350.00. Seeing as the phone is Unlocked, it really doesn't matter which 850/1900 provider you get it from (Koodo, Fido, Rogers, etc...)

It's actually cheaper than the USA...which is rare.

Carrier
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Hey.. I broke my Nexus S screen today... any idea if there are any shops who do repairs in Scarborough area..

Phones
    Nexus S, Samsung Blackjack i607
    LG L3
    Nokia 2855i
    Carrier
    PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ToastyinCAD View Post
    http://mobilesyrup.com/2011/08/05/ko...ropped-to-350/

https://shop.koodomobile.com/phones/models/index.html

Also - I was just in Best Buy and that's what it was priced at in the "unlocked" section of their phones. It's not on their website right now though - but, yes...it's in deed $350.00. Seeing as the phone is Unlocked, it really doesn't matter which 850/1900 provider you get it from (Koodo, Fido, Rogers, etc...)
    [...]
    Yes, it's a cheaper selling price, but you'd be lucky to get one without also subscribing to Koodo. So, the extra price is surrendering your personal information for the subscription plus a month's fees. So, it's closer to $400 plus the information leakage.