8/11/11 Received my new Samsung Convoy 2 today. In a word.... WOW! What a phone!
Samsung did a nice update to its predecessor, the Convoy. It is thinner and lighter than the Convoy and feels great in the hand.
So far, I like:
- The speakers! Loud, loud, loud, if you need them to be. No distortion. Best speakerphone I've heard yet! Your callers sound great and indeed, you can talk with the flip closed!
- Calls are wonderful. Everyone can hear my voice clear and the caller's voice is good even with the speakerphone.
- Key pad is spaced well with a blueish-white backlight. I would have liked a more rubbery feel to the buttons but they are not bad.
- The displays are bright, colorful and crisp. Time is displayed on the upper right of the main screen. Handy location.
- Ringtones are pleasant and loud, baby!
- (I love this!) The LED flash for photos doubles as a flashlight---and it's bright. Nice thinking Samsung! So, if you lose your regular flashlight, rest assured, your convoy has one in a pinch.
- Speaker button is on the right ride. Wish they had left it on the key pad or at least provided a shortcut key to it.
- Flip closes nice, not cheap sounding and no cheap feel to its hinge.
- I don't use PTT so I can't review it but if you don't utilize its PTT feature you can use the red button as an added shortcut key.
Very solid phone for those working or playing outdoors but if you just want a solid clamshell phone that won't break into 10 pieces if you drop it, this is it.