Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Samsung Convoy 2

Feedback Score

Samsung Convoy 2

Will have my new Samsung Convoy 2 soon. Anyone have this clamshell yet? Looks like a winner.

Feedback Score
    8/11/11 Received my new Samsung Convoy 2 today. In a word.... WOW! What a phone!
    Samsung did a nice update to its predecessor, the Convoy. It is thinner and lighter than the Convoy and feels great in the hand.

So far, I like:
    - The speakers! Loud, loud, loud, if you need them to be. No distortion. Best speakerphone I've heard yet! Your callers sound great and indeed, you can talk with the flip closed!
    - Calls are wonderful. Everyone can hear my voice clear and the caller's voice is good even with the speakerphone.
    - Key pad is spaced well with a blueish-white backlight. I would have liked a more rubbery feel to the buttons but they are not bad.
    - The displays are bright, colorful and crisp. Time is displayed on the upper right of the main screen. Handy location.
    - Ringtones are pleasant and loud, baby!
    - (I love this!) The LED flash for photos doubles as a flashlight---and it's bright. Nice thinking Samsung! So, if you lose your regular flashlight, rest assured, your convoy has one in a pinch.
    - Speaker button is on the right ride. Wish they had left it on the key pad or at least provided a shortcut key to it.
    - Flip closes nice, not cheap sounding and no cheap feel to its hinge.
    - I don't use PTT so I can't review it but if you don't utilize its PTT feature you can use the red button as an added shortcut key.

Very solid phone for those working or playing outdoors but if you just want a solid clamshell phone that won't break into 10 pieces if you drop it, this is it.

Feedback Score
    Thank you for reporting in on this phone. I'm looking to get one also.

Phones
    VU-30
    W385 Modded
    V3m
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The Convoy 2 File-system seems to be different than the Convoy. There is no Brew/10889/mr directory to place ringtones in. Anyone have an idea where they should be placed, or how to install your own ringtones via USB? Bitpim sees the phone with no trouble.

UPDATE: This phone appears to be able to accept all of my ringtones in folder mmc1/my ringtones with no problems. I think that is my multimedia card. They show up and can be used as ringtones with zero problems so far.
    Last edited by jlpicard; 08-20-2011 at 08:16 PM.

Feedback Score
    Can anyone tell me the text size of the incoming text messages on the Convoy 2 . I am looking for a flip phone with larger size incoming texts or the ability to change to a larger text for incoming texts. Thank you

Feedback Score
    Greg 7..... There are 3 TX message size choices, Small, Normal and Large. The screen on the C2 is very large. I have my fonts set to large and have no problem. I assure you, if you "up in age" like me, the Convoy 2 will serve you well. It's loud when you want it to be, very strong but not heavy or thick for the pocket.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by frayway View Post
    Greg 7..... There are 3 TX message size choices, Small, Normal and Large. The screen on the C2 is very large. I have my fonts set to large and have no problem. I assure you, if you "up in age" like me, the Convoy 2 will serve you well. It's loud when you want it to be, very strong but not heavy or thick for the pocket.
    Thanks for the info. But I want to drive you nuts with the details, my present Samsung phone has 3 TX message sizes for outgoing messages but no adjustment for incoming TX message size. Do you know if the incoming size is adjustable ? Or if it is not adjustable is it at least is an easy to read size. Thanks

Feedback Score
    Called Samsung they said incoming text size is adjustable. Thanks Fraway

Feedback Score
    Yes indeed, Greg. Adjustable but only "normal" and "large" and the large is very legible.

Still happy I changed from LG phones. So many issues, I had enough!

The only thing that bothers me on the Convoy 2 is you cannot have the clock on the outside display over your own photo. You can wallpaper the front but the clock won't be visible. I just keep it white numbers with a black background. If anyone has a solution to this please share.

Oh, and I bought a real nice black rubberized case at my local Verizon store. Real nice! It was $16 with the 25% discount.

Let us know when you get your C2.

..frayway

Feedback Score
    Got the phone, works great, thanks again for your help.

Phones
    VU-30
    W385 Modded
    V3m
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    This phone corrects a couple small annoying problems that the Convoy had IMHO. I hated that to see the time you had to press an outside key and hold it for a couple secs just to check the time, the Convoy 2 you simply have to press any outside key. Also the addition of the flash is fantastic! I love playing with it. The ease that you can install ringtones is refreshing. I don't recall if my old Convoy had a stopwatch or not, but this one does. I thought the Convoy was the best phone I ever had, now I know that it was second best, the Convoy 2 IS the best for me.

Feedback Score
    More cool discoveries with the Samsung Conoy 2:

- Once you start the stopwatch, the backlight does not dim. It stays bright until you press stop so you can read it. Nice!!
    - The "fake call" feature is fun to play with too. Used it yesterday to get away from an annoying neighbor.
    - The flashlight is priceless. So handy. When I'm at my favorite pub, I shine it on the ceiling when I'm ready for another beer. My bartender loves it! When the flip is closed and you turn on the flashlight from the outside display it turns off after 10 seconds--with the flip open it stays on as long as you need it.

Feedback Score
    I wish I had your guy's luck. Mine sounded very dull and had some dropped calls at home where I never have any. Called *611 and the connection was so bad I had to have the person call me back on my home phone. Took it back the next day and went back to my LG.

Feedback Score
    I work in a building where my last Samsung A990 phone would never work I had to walk outside to make or recieve a call. The Convoy 2 works perfect, excellent call quality. Maybe the LG is that much better, all I do know is I am very happy with the phone. After I had a bunch of Verizon employees set up the phone exactly the way I wanted it. The manual that comes in the box is crap. The online one is a little better.

I would also like to put some color on the front screen without losing the clock, if anyone knows how to do this please post a solution. thanks

Phones
    Vx8100
    LG?
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    jlpicard; - I just got my Convoy 2 in today and loading the pictures on vis the USB. I had to order a new micro card old phone had mini card. Question, when i get the new Micro card, do I just place it in the phone and connect via the phone to PC to load my old ringtones? Thanks for your help. acdiver

Quote Originally Posted by jlpicard View Post
    The Convoy 2 File-system seems to be different than the Convoy. There is no Brew/10889/mr directory to place ringtones in. Anyone have an idea where they should be placed, or how to install your own ringtones via USB? Bitpim sees the phone with no trouble.

UPDATE: This phone appears to be able to accept all of my ringtones in folder mmc1/my ringtones with no problems. I think that is my multimedia card. They show up and can be used as ringtones with zero problems so far.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast