Thread: how to activate a lg 290c tf i got off of ebay

Feedback Score

how to activate a lg 290c tf i got off of ebay

i have been with net 10 about 3 years ,and am having phone problems..since i have had enough of there support,i have a tracfone lg290 c on the way,what is the best way to activate it ..i got it on ebay ,so there is no bar code register swipe,it is new unopened with dmfl..thanks jesse

Phone
    LG VX5500 X2 (PPC) - LG800g (TF) - Nokia 6030 (T-Mo)
    Carriers
    Page Plus X2 (Verizon) - T-Mo2Go(GR) -
    Feedback Score
    Assuming it has been swiped by someone authorized to do so it should be an easy process online.

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnmanhf View Post
    i have been with net 10 about 3 years ,and am having phone problems..since i have had enough of there support,i have a tracfone lg290 c on the way
    mtnmanhf,
    You do realize Tracfone support is the same/bad as Net10 don't you? You might prefer to do the activation on their web site so you avoid having to deal with Customer Service.

Carrier
    NET10/TracFone
    Feedback Score
    The bar code scan just tells Tracfone that it was sold, so they know the phone wasn't stolen. It does not activate the phone. Your eBay seller may be a dealer who is authorized to scan the bar code, or he may be someone who bought it at a store where it was scanned. The worst case scenario is if the bar code was never scanned (e.g. the phone was stolen) and Tracfone assumes it is not eligible for activation.

Activating online at the web site is always the easiest way, but sometimes you run into a glitch and have to call CS anyway.

P.S. If the seller is shopcelldeals, he has a good reputation. I have bought several Tracfones and cards from him.

Feedback Score
    the seller is shopcelldeals,so i feel better about the deal....yes i know the support is the same..crappppp.i tried to ask the rep about getting a cdma phone to replace my lg 620 but that was a waste of my time..not in her script...thanks for the info guys...

Feedback Score
    I bought the LG290c from the same ebay seller & activated it with a call to the regular CS, which took about 5 mins. of inputting their codes. It's my first cdma phone & so far it excels over any Trac GSM (AT&T) phone I've had in the past. (in terms of calls, which is my primary use, along with some texting) Trac is pushing GSM in my area, (no cdma phones offered in stores or on their website for my ZIP) but Verizon is very strong here, so it's nice to have the option of trying both carriers.
    I know one thing, if Trac ever decides to only go with GSM service, I'm heading straight to Page Plus. The more I read about them, the more interested I become. I may eventually go to them irregardless of what Trac does in the future.