Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TMFL Triple minutes showing up on phones on tracfone.com

Carriers
    Tracfone, Net10
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score

TMFL Triple minutes showing up on phones on tracfone.com

As The Sweeper alertly pointed out yesterday, Tracfone is now offering TMFL (Triple minutes) on the EX124g and T404g on their website.

Selling the TMFL phones directly instead of only through two select vendors implies (to me anyway) that TMFL will start showing up more widely in stores and maybe there will be TMFL add-on cards available as well.

The highest value minute card on the website is one year service/1500 minutes for $200. Netting 4500 minutes for $200 means a rate of 4.44 cents per minute, [that averages out to $16.66/month and 375 minutes/month] The 60 minute card now yields a 11.1 cents per minute rate.

Lower rates should attract longer talkers so hopefully Tracfone will now get most or all of the better phones that used to be only on Net10 in order to take advantage of those rates. (I really want to see a better CDMA phone show up on the TF side).

Seems like this is going to kill the need for the old style 10 cents a minute Net10 service, since all but the 30 and 60 minute Tracfone cards now beat the 10 cent/minute level.

As Artie Johnson used to say, "Veeerrry Interesting"

Phone
    LG840G
    Carrier
    Tracfone (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Yes and the triple minute deal makes their Value Plans more interesting too - for $9.99 you now can get 150 minutes per month (50 minutes would get tripled to 150) - 6.6 cents per min. Or you can pay $29.99 and get 600 minutes per month (200 gets tripled) - 5 cents per minute. Not too bad for those who like the convenience of automatic renewal and not wanting to deal with cards and bonus codes, etc.

Phones
    Nokia 2600,6010,3585i
    LG Optimus L9,iPhone 3GS & 4Sx2,Palm Pixi Plus
    Nokia Lumia 520, 3220, 6030, 3585i
    Carrier
    GoPhonex4 PagePlusx2 TMo2Go Tracfone Ptel AV
    Feedback Score
    I hope TMFL becomes the new standard for tracfones. This almost make them catch up with others prepaid services. I say "almost" as their most expensive per minute rate becomes 11.1 cents (w/60 min card) whereas at&t GoPhone and PagePlus PayasYouGo/Standard plan is now 10c. (T-mobile is still 33c w/$10 card no GR!).

Texting becomes also cheaper, between 1.48c to 3.7c which is quite reasonable for a PPU SMS rate. Data likewise although I don't have the numbers at hand to figure out the cost per Kb/Mb.

I was about to ditch TF as soon as I used up all my remaining units in my last remaining TF phone, but this TMFL may make me change my mind. I wish they make a TMFL upgrade cards available soon at a reasonable price for old models, and better if it is a little cheaper for phones that already have DMFL (like mine).
    Current:Former:
    Hi, my name is Jairzinho and I've been Wireless Contract-free for 14 years!

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Hope they do not change the texting rate for the TMFL phones the way they do with the cheaper Net10 30 day plans (the 30 day cards are said to somehow re-program the text rate).

Carrier
    Air Voice
    Feedback Score
    Color me overly-cynical but I wouldn't be surprised if the price of the refill minute cards go up if they keep making phones with TMFL.

Phone
    LG840G
    Carrier
    Tracfone (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by desertdude View Post
    Color me overly-cynical but I wouldn't be surprised if the price of the refill minute cards go up if they keep making phones with TMFL.
    I don't think they will - I don't recall if they did when the double minute phones/cards came out, but I don't think so.

Phones
    LG Optimus T
    Moto G
    Carrier
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    If TMFL becomes the new TF norm, it pretty much renders Net10's per minute rates and lack of a good one year option old news. Net10's PAYGO deals might as well be put out to pasture. Unless they also become sweetened somehow.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    If TMFL becomes the new TF norm, it pretty much renders Net10's per minute rates and lack of a good one year option old news. Net10's PAYGO deals might as well be put out to pasture. Unless they also become sweetened somehow.
    I think my last post got lost.. anywho, I think the net 10 brand will either fold, OR end up having a SMART PHONE lineup with hybrid minutes & bytes cards (analogous to the Virgin Mobile Prepaid plans). However, they will have to think CAREFULLY about the pricing as that will be key to making it worth the investment. Right now, Sprint and Metro PCS have the momentum for those looking for the best data pricing ableit NOT on the best network(s).

Phones
    att , nokia 1100, moto 376g
    iPhone 4s-64 + many others
    Carriers
    att, trac, pageplus
    Feedback Score
    Net 10 has a lot of folks on the 25$ 750 a month plan it is popular in mid mo bc the att phones work everywhere

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using HowardForums
    trying to come up with better signature.......

Feedback Score
    Wonder if Tracfone will give me TMFL on the EX124G that they sent me to replace my LG800G?
    Maybe I'll call them up, piss N moan a little and see what I get.
    I'm sure nothing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooterville View Post
    Wonder if Tracfone will give me TMFL on the EX124G that they sent me to replace my LG800G?
    Maybe I'll call them up, piss N moan a little and see what I get.
    I'm sure nothing.
    If you had LG800G with TMFL... you will get EX124G with TMFL without asking!

Feedback Score

Samsung 404g $59.99 w/ TMFL

It's not on the browse phones page, but in select ZIP codes, you can see the Samsung 404g for $59.99 with TMFL. This is an OK phone, but I think they've had this since last year (around $79.99) on net10/st.. so big whoop.

In other news, METRO PCS are now offering minute cards so you can look into that and see if it's a better bargain. A better (albeit more EX$PEN$IVE) set of phones awaits you..

Feedback Score
    Hoping too that TMFL becomes the new standard and DMFL is the minimum you get on ALL Tracfones, no more non D/Tmfl phones at all. I'm guessing it's going to go on the higher end stuff and specials only for now.
    But down to nearly a nickel a minute PLUS bonus minutes rocks (as much as I'm pro byod and Tracfone doesn't have it, a good deal is a good deal). And you can find a Tracfone ANYWHERE vs other low minute rate carriers like Page Plus or Ptel.

TMFL cards coming soon?

Phones
    Motorola i335
    IPhone 3G
    Sony Incognito
    Carriers
    Boost CDMA and IDen
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I've learned the hard way not to rely on a Sprint or AT&T prepaid when traveling in the country. With the better roaming of Tracfone and TMFL, it's not a bad option now.

Any CDMA TMFL phones? I'd like to have one on the GSM and one on the CDMA network for almost universal access.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnlg View Post
    I've learned the hard way not to rely on a Sprint or AT&T prepaid when traveling in the country. With the better roaming of Tracfone and TMFL, it's not a bad option now.

Any CDMA TMFL phones? I'd like to have one on the GSM and one on the CDMA network for almost universal access.
    HSN has the LG 290C with TMFL. You may find this same phone offered cheaper at EBay or Amazon.
    http://electronics.hsn.com/lg-prepai...00901&ocm=sekw

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast