Thread: Craigslist hates Virgin Mobile!

Phones
    LG G2
    LG G2
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Craigslist hates Virgin Mobile!

If anyone has tried putting something on CL they now require validate a phone. VOIP won't get past their doors and then they suggest a cell phone. Not, prepay don't get the goodies either.
    Today a group of leading venture capitalists published an open letter to the FCC calling on them to prevent what they say would be the end of net neutrality and a crippling blow to young startups.
    No Google, say it ain't (or wouldn't of been ) so! ATT and Verizon would have killed their own cash cow.

Carrier
    cingular
    Feedback Score
    if you are talking about the phone validation i used my VM number for it and it worked just fine.

sold my optimus v on there too

Phones
    LG G2
    LG G2
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by beatniks3 View Post
    if you are talking about the phone validation i used my VM number for it and it worked just fine.

sold my optimus v on there too
    Not mine, and in the help files it also says no Prepays. How long has it been since you've used it?

Carrier
    cingular
    Feedback Score
    earlier in the week...

maybe i just got lucky

Phones
    Motorola Triumph, LG Optimus V
    Motorola Triumph
    LG Optimus V
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Craigslist' phone validation just... sucks. I've gotten lucky a couple times, with Tracfone and VM numbers, but can never count on it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CA View Post
    If anyone has tried putting something on CL they now require validate a phone. VOIP won't get past their doors and then they suggest a cell phone. Not, prepay don't get the goodies either.
    Guess I am glad I don't list things on CL. All I have are VOIP and prepay phone numbers. What world is CL living in?

Feedback Score
    You can always pick up a free Sprint phone, activate your CL account, and then return the phone to Sprint under the 30-day guarantee.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    I've successfully listed several items on CL with no problems using my VM number for validation. This is in Northern California. My number was ported over from Sprint, though. I wonder if that makes a difference? Maybe it's a number that they don't recognize as being VM?

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk

Carrier
    VM-USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kool Breeze View Post
    . . . Maybe it's a number that they don't recognize as being VM? . . .
    That could be the deal. I've been validated on CL three times over the last 8 months, but my phone number was a former AT&T landline number that was ported over to VM. Perhaps it still looks like a landline to the CL system.

Phones
    LG G2
    LG G2
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    UPDATE This is funny:

I got locked out because I tried to many times, so when I waited the 12 hours I tried again. My VM worked using voice, then after a few hours I got the text with a different validation number. Sense I only tried using text once I believe I got hosed by VM!

Btw, you can't use the same cell number twice in 12 hours also, so I advise that anyone else use just voice.

Phones
    LG G2
    LG G2
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dpaultx View Post
    That could be the deal. I've been validated on CL three times over the last 8 months, but my phone number was a former AT&T landline number that was ported over to VM. Perhaps it still looks like a landline to the CL system.
    Didn't the results screen say to remember the validation for future use? I wonder why you have to repeat the process?

Feedback Score
    Yeah it sucks. I want to list some stuff to sell but it won't let me use my VM Number. Says can't verify the number. Anyway I can make this work? And once my account is verified do they ever text you or call you again?

Phones
    Motorola Triumph, LG Optimus V
    Motorola Triumph
    LG Optimus V
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahroo View Post
    Yeah it sucks. I want to list some stuff to sell but it won't let me use my VM Number. Says can't verify the number. Anyway I can make this work? And once my account is verified do they ever text you or call you again?
    Yes, yes they do. I don't have an actual formula for it, but it's mostly "whenever they friggin' feel like it." I would call it bad customer service if only it wasn't automated... but as it stands my VM phone has always allowed calls through.

Phones
    OptimusV-2.2.2
    LG Optimus V
    Kyocera Loft
    Carrier
    Virgin
    Feedback Score
    only problem I could see as if someone else has already used that phone number for CL, like how when you get a new phone and number from VM or other pre -pay, for weeks or months after you get wrong calls/ txt.
    *NEW Ramos W17PRO Dual Core Cortex A9 1.5Ghz 1GB DDR3 ICS Tablet > FLsuperstore.com
    - KindleFire -
    LG Optimus V Bone stock Fryo 2.2.2 - [FoxFi Tethering]
    2X LG Optimus V Rooted Fryo 2.2.2 WiFi Only Phone -
    Eken T02A Allwin A10 Tablet Gingerbread 2.3.4 > FLsuperstore.com -
    My Apps List -
    WiFi Antenna Build

Phone
    Lumia_Icon, iPhone_5S
    Carrier
    VZW_Prepaid, Virgin_Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 350X View Post
    only problem I could see as if someone else has already used that phone number for CL, like how when you get a new phone and number from VM or other pre -pay, for weeks or months after you get wrong calls/ txt.
    First, CL does allow the use of Virgin Mobile numbers.
    That's an area where paygo prepaid phones are quite handy.

The reasons contact numbers may not work with CL is if you have multiple accounts and you have already used the number on another account (for verification purposes). Or you are trying to verify your account numerous times within the same day. It would be best to wait a few days between retry for optimum results or use a separate phone number. (Not sure if Google Voice numbers are allowed by CL since I have not used them for verification) Sometimes it's also best to use your contact number within an image if it is different than your account verification number. ~~ but that's a topic for another forum.
    No Contract means I have all the power.
    They want me, but they can't have me...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast