Thread: Porting number to straight talk but want to keep the VM account!

Phone
    LG Optimus V
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score

Porting number to straight talk but want to keep the VM account!

Hey all!, Ok so, my girlfriends mom is on Virgin Mobile right now and is on the $25 plan but she wants to go to straight talk AND take her Virgin Mobile number with her......Is there any way that I can transfer her number to straight talk and get a new number for the Virgin account so that i can use her account for the $25 plan instead of having to pay $35?

Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by Jsp86; 08-13-2011 at 05:10 PM. Reason: spelling is hard!

Feedback Score
    Maybe you don't have to worry about it. My wife's plan was a $35/month plan, and this morning, just out of curiosity I went on her VM account online. I clicked on the "Change My Plan" link and then clicked "Don't See the Plan You're Looking For?" link. To my surprise, it offered me all of the old plan pricing options, so I selected the $25 unlimited. It went through and now her account reflects it. I was sooooo happy!

Phone
    LG Optimus V
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    @AZCivEng, Yeah you know I have read that people are still able to pick up the $25 plan, maybe i will get lucky!

Phones
    Samsung Moment
    Palm Pre
    iPhone 3G 8GB
    Carriers
    Sprint,
    Feedback Score
    What did you end up doing?

I'm in a similar situation want to port my VM number to T-Mobile but KEEP the $25 VM grandfathered account with a new number assigned.. (That and I also have over a $200 balance on the account so I'm paid up for the next 8 months! Pretty sure porting out means you lose any money you had in the account.)

Carriers
    t mobile prepaid
    virgin mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by corrupt81 View Post
    What did you end up doing?

I'm in a similar situation want to port my VM number to T-Mobile but KEEP the $25 VM grandfathered account with a new number assigned.. (That and I also have over a $200 balance on the account so I'm paid up for the next 8 months! Pretty sure porting out means you lose any money you had in the account.)
    if you port out you will lose thw remaing balance. Anytime you do a port from any company it will automatically lose all remaing funds. The device will have to be reactivated onto a new account. The 25 dollar plan will be available until sept. 1.

Phone
    LG Optimus V
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    @yungmuny25, where did you hear that the $25 plan will be available until September 1st?