Thread: Incredible Finally Getting Official Gingerbread This WEEK!!!

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Exclamation Incredible Finally Getting Official Gingerbread This WEEK!!!

The long in the making update to Android 2.3.4 for our HTC Incredible is coming this week! Support documents were updated on the Verizon support site:

http://support.vzw.com/pdf/system_update/incredible.pdf

And according to AndroidCentral, the first 10,000 phones will get it starting Tuesday, 50,000 more phones on Wednesday, and the rest of us will get the System Update push on Friday. What a great week to own this awesome phone!

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/andro...erizon-website

Now I just need to roll back to my stock ROM as I have been running CM 7 since April. Hopefully they have squashed the "Low Memory Space" bug that stopped me from installing anymore software on stock.
    Dustin
    dustoman(at)gmail(dot)com

My Apps via AppBrain

Device(s)
    HTC Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless,
    Feedback Score
    I just got the update this morning, and while it made the OS look cool, every app I had on the SD card has disappeared, showing the generic icon, and is unusable. Not cool!

Feedback Score
    my 2.2 incredible is rooted, the ota update got pushed to my phone this morning, when i went to install the update it hung up on rebooting than went away, went to go look for system updates and it wasn't there nor was my phone updated...does being rooted have anything to do with this?

Feedback Score
    Got the Update, I was having major issues with SMS and texting. The software was super laggy. In fact, last week, I was so fed up with the phone, I went and bought a used IPhone 4. Been playing with the phone today, and it's night and day so far. Might throw the Iphone 4 on Ebay and sell it. I really needed this Update, so many times I wanted to throw the phone at the wall.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RussWLW2004 View Post
    my 2.2 incredible is rooted, the ota update got pushed to my phone this morning, when i went to install the update it hung up on rebooting than went away, went to go look for system updates and it wasn't there nor was my phone updated...does being rooted have anything to do with this?
    Yeah, the Rooted phones will have issues. The update will come back to you in probably 7-15 days, then it will ask to do it, and it will do the same thing. The only way to do the update is to go back to OEM, and then do the Update. I had my Droid rooted, and the Update kept bugging me every 7 days.

Device(s)
    Droid Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    For those of you that downloaded, can you still do this after you install Gingerbread or is the phone now locked so you can't do this below?

1. Dial ##778
    2. Go into edit mode
    3. The password is 000000
    4. Once in go to M.IP Default Profile and edit DUN NAI from [email protected] to [email protected].
    5. Then hit menu and press commit modifications.
    6. It should then reboot.
    7. FREE WiFi!!!

Also, how does the internet connection via Bluetooth work? Can you actually use your Incredible's internet connection for your laptop via Bluetooth? Is it free or is there a cost?

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Can this be done by WI-FI, or do you absolutely need Data? Also how big is the file?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It's about ~85MB.

Device(s)
    HTC Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    VerizonWireless
    Feedback Score
    I'm curious about the ##778 option also. Has anyone tried it on the new update yet?

Sent from my ADR6300 using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    I have another Incredible and when I turn on my Data or Wi-Fi, for the past a few days, it hasn't gotten the update. What gives? Is there way I can push for a manual update over the air?

Device(s)
    HTC Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    VerizonWireless
    Feedback Score
    I have rooted my DINC and installed CM7. But, if my memory serves me correctly there is a menu item that allows you to 'check for updates' or something like that. Go into settings, then 'about phone'. If its not there, keep checking. I'm almost sure I remember seeing it. That is the way you do a manual check for updates.

Device(s)
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Not liking the new update myself. My extended battery barely goes past 1 day now, was 2 full days when I bought it. Update deleted several apps that I had to redownload. Liked my standard calulator too, now they screwed with the button placement. And took my "silent mode" off the top button menu. Can't really find 1 thing I like about this update, would like to revert back...

Device(s)
    Droid Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosharek View Post
    Not liking the new update myself. My extended battery barely goes past 1 day now, was 2 full days when I bought it. Update deleted several apps that I had to redownload. Liked my standard calulator too, now they screwed with the button placement. And took my "silent mode" off the top button menu. Can't really find 1 thing I like about this update, would like to revert back...

Are you able to do this for free 3G Mobile hotspot:

1. Dial ##778
    2. Go into edit mode
    3. The password is 000000
    4. Once in go to M.IP Default Profile and edit DUN NAI from [email protected] to [email protected].
    5. Then hit menu and press commit modifications.
    6. It should then reboot.
    7. FREE WiFi!!!

Also, how does the internet connection via Bluetooth work? Can you actually use your Incredible's internet connection for your laptop via Bluetooth? Is it free or is there a cost?

Thanks!