Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Infobar A01 by AU KDDI and Sharp - Anyone?

Feedback Score
    Last year, I have had a motorola defy locked with vodafone network.
    It can not run normal android function before unlocking it.
    That is why I am wondering this issue.

It is grateful if you could test your phone and inform us the result.
    Best regards,

Quote Originally Posted by patrixl View Post
    I'm going to test next time I'm out of Japan, but it could be like some Verizon or Sprint world phones with GSM bands - the phone is locked in the US but outside the US, using non-US carriers, is possible and unlocked. Just a pipe dream probably but I'll test regardless with my Digno when I travel ;

It's an Android phone, so it probably works. Actually I've never used my AU phone without its SIM card, so now I'm curious.. I'll have to try too one day

Device(s)
    HTC One X
    Carrier(s)
    AU by KDDI
    Feedback Score
    (Currently in Japan)

Removed my AU IC Card.

Following effects observed: date temporarily reset to January 6, 1980 (wtf), then came back to March 9, probably after a network time server was contacted

Still able to use wifi and apps that use internet (google talk, browser, kakaotalk, etc)

Didn't seem to be locked out of anything except obviously 3G/WiMax networks, telephone calls, SMS (C-Mail).

Note this is a Kyocera Digno (ISW11K), not an Iida infobar phone, so YMMV. I'm also inside Japan.

Feedback Score
    I think the C01 looks a lot nicer.

Feedback Score

Just purchased a new AU Infobar and had it unlocked by AU

Just purchased a new AU Infobar and had it unlocked by AU. Now back in Canada and inserted my existing SIM card from the domestic carrier. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be working as it's indicated an "auIC card(IUM) error, please insert card".

Would anyone happen to know what steps should be taken from here to get it to work properly (ie: being able to make calls; as all the other functions already work perfectly thru Wifi - even Skype calls; just can't access the cellular network at all?)

Device(s)
    HTC One X
    Carrier(s)
    AU by KDDI
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada Infobar View Post
    Just purchased a new AU Infobar and had it unlocked by AU. Now back in Canada and inserted my existing SIM card from the domestic carrier. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be working as it's indicated an "auIC card(IUM) error, please insert card".

Would anyone happen to know what steps should be taken from here to get it to work properly (ie: being able to make calls; as all the other functions already work perfectly thru Wifi - even Skype calls; just can't access the cellular network at all?)
    Yes the one step you need is to buy a 3g/GSM phone. au phones are cdma and incompatible with current 3g networks used in Canada. Bell and Telus are phasing out cdma, it isn't up to par with today's performance, and they never used sim cards either.

Basically, if you want a Japanese phone, use docomo or softbank.

And I guess this answers our question about whether we can use foreign 3g carriers with an unlocked au phone. Can't :-(

Sent from my ISW11K using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Wind+T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=patrixl;14752082
    And I guess this answers our question about whether we can use foreign 3g carriers with an unlocked au phone. Can't :-(

Sent from my ISW11K using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Not quite. A fully-properly-unlocked IS11S WILL accept a China Telecom UIM and register on China Telecom's network (which is CDMA). However, it's half-baked; data will not work and SMS is receive-only, presumably due to differences in au's CDMA network vs. the rest of the world. I would hazard a guess and assume that had someone figured out how to get an au phone onto a North American CDMA network the results would be the same.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, not really sure if I'll be able to get it to work.

First off, I think the infobar A01 is a combo CDMA/GSM.
    Telus & Bell in Canada were CDMA but have upgraded to HSPA now, still compatible with their older CDMA phones; while Rogers was GSM and but might have upgraded with ongoing GSM capabilities.

My au Infobar actually detects the available Rogers Wireless Cell Connection when searching for Network providers under the settings - mobile connections - international roaming - overseas(GSM). Problem is I'm on Telus so want it to detect the CDMA connection when I select overseas(CDMA) instead of GSM, but instead I get the "auIC card(IUM) error, please insert card" error instead in this mode. Also get the same error when I choose overseas(Automatic). So, for some reason it will likely work under GSM, but not CDMA? I guess I might have to wait until later in the year when my contract lapses and switch to Rogers. Hopefully, they'll have the same 6 GB discounted data plan that I'm currently on.

If anyone can think of a quick fix, pls let me know.

Much appreciated.

Carrier(s)
    Wind+T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The problem with your Infobar is that it isn't "fully-properly-unlocked" in the first place. Until it is, even using Rogers is out of the question.

Feedback Score
    I confirm that without AU simcard, A01 can operate normal android function.
    Regards

Device(s)
    too many to place them here
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile(main)
    Feedback Score
    quick fix for the moment ..none, if you are interested on selling it pm me, i was developing on this phone until my laptop crashed it might work with my SIM card and probably not guaranteed i could look again on the root part but what interest me the most is the UI i want to port the whole UI and not the launcher only and that includes apps like facebook check and twitcheck.
    We lose as much as we gain through life, and that includes who we used to be.

I WANT TO BUY A FUJITSU ESPRIMO DH550!!

Device(s)
    HTC One X
    Carrier(s)
    AU by KDDI
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yangj08 View Post
    The problem with your Infobar is that it isn't "fully-properly-unlocked" in the first place. Until it is, even using Rogers is out of the question.
    are you saying that an au phone can be unlocked and used on foreign 3g networks natively?

Sent from my ISW11F using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    It doesn't work in Canada unlike you have Gmate+, I just tested it and it's on my youtube account. LoL*
    Mine's really new and looking forward to sell it. If there's any other question PM.

Gmate+ and Infobar C01 works really well. But most people don't want to carry two things at once. It really depends on you the individual I tried using Fido, Rogers, Petro Mobility, and Speakoutwireless and they all work.

I am not going to be using the Infobar C01 and looking for a enthusiast to buy it. xD

Feedback Score
    It is very sad that no guru are working on unlock this phone. ^^.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by k66473 View Post
    It is very sad that no guru are working on unlock this phone. ^^.
    I have pieces of gold for such a Guru.

The AU network simply won't unlock mine. It's not possible at any cost they claim. I have tried from every angle. I even asked about an AU contract, just to see it working.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2