Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Droid X (and other moto droids) ESN and MEID correction/repair SOLVED

Feedback Score

Droid X (and other moto droids) ESN and MEID correction/repair SOLVED

They said it was impossible. They were wrong.

Compliments of the Chinese and yours truly.

All details contained in the linked file.

http://i51.tinypic.com/14nlndg.jpg

http://www.multiupload.com/FKDHT69TB0

Feedback Score
    Update 8-18-11: Tested on stock 2.2, README changed and updated with tips.

http://www.multiupload.com/PZS9SWN5JX

Feedback Score
    Hello!

I have a question.

I read Readme.txt, but I Didn't understand some part about "Adjust [Addrs] memory locations as necessary"

please explain details.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Adjust [Addrs] memory locations as necessary.

CDMA Workshop 3.7 Read Memory function works well.
    Start scanning from around 0x00320000 through 0x0006C000000.
    Use a hex editor to look for current ESN and MEID (little-endian, so values are backwards, i.e. 12 34 = 34 12).
    //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Feedback Score
    I was unsuccessful at using CDMA workshop to scan my memory. Instead I used DFS CDMA tools. This took around 8 hours to collect the necessary HEX. I followed all the directions, created the two files but when I book up I still have my previous MEID number.

I am not sure what else I am supposed to do to make this work. When I ran the startup smc, in terminal it shows that EMU SMC PA: Failed.

Is this process supposed to completely wipe the MEID or only on boot?

Feedback Score
    Niceee, thanks for the info

Feedback Score
    I am intrigued but I don't have my droid yet. Any further clarification?

Feedback Score

Talking

This is not working for me either on droid 2 global from motorola - verizon. This is the a956, rooted, 2.3.3. Now i CAN say that i have found these locations and successfully changed the meid and esn to whatever i wanted them to be!
    esn locs
    0x012FBF44 -STAYED 0
    0x0130C55C -STAYED 0
    0x01383FEC -CAME BACK
    0x01BA8388 -C B AND HAD 2 LOCS
    0x01BA87D4 -CB
    0x01BAEE38 -CB
    0x01E676FC -CB
    0x021E468C -CB
    0x023EDD50 -CB
    0x026D2F58

meid locs
    0x01AA0374
    0x01BA8860
    0x024F8B30
    0x026D2F50 -HAS MEID AND ESN AND CHSM, I changed this location without changing the others and read meid and it was correct so this might help someone...even me if some one solves this!!!!!

PESN CKSUM LOCS
    0X026D2F5C

(FOR NOOBS)
    LOCS=Locations
    CB=came back(after 2nd scan)
    chsm/chksum=checksum for pesn(pseudo esn)

And changed the files, as fore-mentioned, to what their supposed to be! But when i reboot, same meid and esn as originally programmed, or the one that's on the sticker, comes back. Now this is as close as i've ever come to fully repairing these numbers on MOTOROLA phones! I did this using the memory function> show and read, with my scanned locations using both cdma workshop and dfs cdma tool. DFS is, in my opinion, the best because it lets you view and edit NV Items, while QXDM makes this phone reboot upon connection, which means you cant use qxdm's memory viewer function....DUH!!!!!. Anyway, I have changed the esn and meid to zeros, then dfs lets you write whichever one you want afterwards, but like I said, after changing the files from within the phone, and a program, the numbers keep coming back! And I've NEVER been able to get the phone itself (settings>about phone>status) to show like the pic in the OP, it always show the original. I even copied and pasted all the locations from esn and meid scan to the esn.cfg and mid.cfg as mentioned, and I mean all to the presented files, but, no go. With the autostart and regular methods. Tried on the moto devour too and nothing. I just wanna know what I'm doing wrong, or if its even possible on this model. Thanks for the info though because i wouldnt have even tried, given the info about motorola phones and having some special dongle to even attempt this feat. Lets keep this thread alive. HOFO probably wint host this long but i'll copy and paste to ><DA devs if not. Im just sayin...we already bought this phone, why cant we do what we like to to it? This is only illeg@l if youre trying to spy on people or use thier account for free you f---in stalker you. LOL. I dont know why other sites dont allow this "educational info" to be posted on their blogs/forums. Which is probably why the OP used the upload and download method to post,but for what its worth.....Lets hack these beasty devices! GO...POST...LEARN...PROCEED...PREVAIL. @ devs please im or pm me if this is going to be taken down because this took me at least 24 hours just for scanning then 5 minutes to post. THIS should be STICKY tho. And I know its a touchy subject but i didnt start this post, I just contributed what I've learned!

Feedback Score
    Is this thread dead already?

Feedback Score
    The second post says tested on 2.2 but the read me says 2.3.3. So i'm gonna downgrade to 2.2 and try again. Plus do I have to clear my imei before this will work?

Feedback Score
    I will post back my findings though I don't know if anyone would be helped.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I am going to start on this on my Droid X. I will post results and findings.

Feedback Score
    Im glad to see that im not the only one still posting in this thread! I tried this again after downgrading and still no go on druid 2 global. Maybe its because of my imei? Idk, but another app that made me think it was working is script manager. I dled it then ran the startup_smc.sh and the app said writing to the correct address but checked status and still original meid. Don't know what to do from here. Maybe the op could chime back in and help out!

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I haven't had a chance to start on it yet. I'm going to work on my phone this weekend and see how it goes for me. Mine seems much closer to the OP's device though.

Carrier
    Metropcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Beau Crain View Post
    I haven't had a chance to start on it yet. I'm going to work on my phone this weekend and see how it goes for me. Mine seems much closer to the OP's device though.
    I did this on my droid x and it worked. Sometimes its unstable though. My droid x turned off randomly and it was on 2.3.3. I looked on a chinese forum and it gave me a better way to do this. More stable and easier

Feedback Score
    Hey can I get a step by step tutorial I really need to do this and I have all the programs installed I just don't know how to do it I don't understand the readme

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast