Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Droid X (and other moto droids) ESN and MEID correction/repair SOLVED

Feedback Score
    Wow,Ive brought this thread back to life with my curiosity and hofos way of posting new posts on the home page. Yeah, the read me was wayyy hard to understand, but made me a lil smarter on how android os/linux works. You guys have probably got to run the startup file that was attached then wipe cache and factory data reset even. I don't know but did you guys already have these file in the root of your phone and have to copy paste and overwrite or are they merely scrims that work on these? Please post the chinese site that you got those from also so everyone could test this. Plus like I said, I have the droid 2 global and I guess that I have to disable my imei so that its coma only. Google-ing that as I type. Let's keep this going so we can figure out how this script works and why it makes the kernel panic. Great find by the way op. Most people wouldn't have even tested this on their devices since they already know how hard it was to do Motorola phones in the first place. Now off to reupgrade then root then the quest to disable gsm mode (imei) then maid repair. Thanks to everyone keeping this going but we really need to get in touch with the op to see where he got his info.

Feedback Score
    I forgot to say though, I hope this is not a form of hijacking, but a form of someone bringing up an issue, solving it and leaving questions unanswered.People here and other sites like this, have to understand that when some people get their phones or device to their liking, it is no longer the need to research. Mrx6666 probably got his all the way correct. So he had no need to post back. Anyway, anyone successful at this no matter model or what should update this thread. Also anyone successful should backup their current files that were attached, then run scripts and when successful at repairing the numbers, delete the files from your phone (unless these files HAVE TO BE IN PLACE AT BOOT EVERYTIME. Let's move on.

Feedback Score
    I still have no idea how to do any of this I'm trying to put my droid 3 on metro pcs and I got everything provisioned at all I need to do is swap the esn with my existing phone and I did not understand the read me at all! Are those files supposed to go the phone? If they are how do I put them in the correct places? If someone could make a video it would be greatly appreciated

Feedback Score
    Yeah, this is what the op failed to mention -> http://translate.googleusercontent.c...lvBTJKHTlMQbGw <- translated and everything! Now let's combine international forces and make this phone our *****! And@ mini, I had you a whole writeup peeped but wife at my motel room made me reconnect in the middle of my 3000 words plus reply then took me to a internet error. I may try again later but just try to understand this chinese site. Thanks to them too, because this is not my work.

Feedback Score
    Ok so I didnt understand the chines site either it was all confusing and not very wel translated if u could try to do the tutorial again I would be grateful and donate some cash for all ur trouble thx for all ur help

Carrier
    Metropcs
    Feedback Score
    I cant remember the website i went to but i still have the files i used for my droid x. I didnt even have to use cdma workshop or qpst for this to work i just placed the files and reboot. For it to work you would have to be rooted and have atleast root explorer to change the permissions of the files needed.
    Here are the files i used:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MLPRFBMB

Copy emd em-droid and esn.cfg to /data
    Change the permissions of em-droid and esn.cfg to rwxr-xr-x
    *make sure u go into esn.cfg and where it says [NewEsn]=0x00000000 u put in the esn you want to repair
    Go into data and make a new folder named opt
    Copy emd and autostart.sh to /data/opt
    Then install autostart.apk that came with the files
    Go into /data/opt and run the script autostart.sh
    Reboot the phone and superuser should ask for permission for a program accept and it should be done

Feedback Score
    Still not able to perform this on Droid 2 Global. Any ideas anyone? Thanks for new posts also. I probably cant try with this new program because i was trying to follow the OP's instructions with these never before seen files. Plus on the ens.cfg file do I put my pESN there or my last 8 digits of my meid like stated in the read me. Do I copy the emd file to both directories that he ^^ said, and do all files get the same permissions, or how does this work, or does this work on the D2G at all?

Feedback Score
    What exactly does this allow you to do? I own a DroidX.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chivasjose9 View Post
    I cant remember the website i went to but i still have the files i used for my droid x. I didnt even have to use cdma workshop or qpst for this to work i just placed the files and reboot. For it to work you would have to be rooted and have atleast root explorer to change the permissions of the files needed.
    Here are the files i used:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MLPRFBMB

Copy emd em-droid and esn.cfg to /data
    Change the permissions of em-droid and esn.cfg to rwxr-xr-x
    *make sure u go into esn.cfg and where it says [NewEsn]=0x00000000 u put in the esn you want to repair
    Go into data and make a new folder named opt
    Copy emd and autostart.sh to /data/opt
    Then install autostart.apk that came with the files
    Go into /data/opt and run the script autostart.sh
    Reboot the phone and superuser should ask for permission for a program accept and it should be done
    I am a little confused on adding the meid from my droids label on the back. if my droid a855 says the MEID HEX is A000077152F8C what whould I put in esn.cfg?

Feedback Score
    didnt work on Droid a855. I cant seem to dump the memory to look for the correct values. if anyone has any ideas on how to dump the ram please let me know.

Feedback Score
    @antman1:
    I believe you need to do something like install phone drivers, install qpst (qualcomm drivers), use the com port configured in qpst configuration for dfs cdma tool/cdma workshop/another program, put memory addrs in that esn config file.

I'm at the configuring port stage myself - my rig is not recognizing my device all of a sudden for some reason. I'll post my memory addresses when/if I get 'em, unfortunately it is bed time.

EDIT: oh and meid->esn is calculable... go to meidconverter.net and put in your A00000****** to get your esn. You may have considered this but you may want to black out your meid. Too little too late though probably...?
    Last edited by narfman0; 12-26-2011 at 11:45 PM. Reason: add infoz!

Feedback Score
    Little update for connecting the phone right... after you install moto drivers, set to pc mode, and enable debugging, go ahead and install "hw virtual serial port" then follow this:
    Go to the Settings tab and make sure that NVT Enabled is unchecked and go back to the Virtual Serial Port tab.
    To be safe, pick a COM port above 8
    Make sure the IP Address field reads 192.168.16.2 and the Port field reads 11008
    Click the Create COM button and after a few moments you should now have successfully created a COM port for your Droid X.
    After that CDMA workshop / CDMA tool should work connecting to what com you set.

Feedback Score
    yeah I get the phone working in cdma workshop but when I Scan the memory ranges it stops and tells me "The Phone did not answer" then I have to reboot the phone for it to work again on cdma work shop and hold the T button during boot and such.

Quote Originally Posted by narfman0 View Post
    @antman1:
    I believe you need to do something like install phone drivers, install qpst (qualcomm drivers), use the com port configured in qpst configuration for dfs cdma tool/cdma workshop/another program, put memory addrs in that esn config file.

I'm at the configuring port stage myself - my rig is not recognizing my device all of a sudden for some reason. I'll post my memory addresses when/if I get 'em, unfortunately it is bed time.

EDIT: oh and meid->esn is calculable... go to meidconverter.net and put in your A00000****** to get your esn. You may have considered this but you may want to black out your meid. Too little too late though probably...?
    I redid the numbers in the meid so they are not my working meid. I am not sure the memory address locations will be the same for each device. I have the cynogen rom on mine now with Gingerbread so it could have the meid blanked out because of that.

Feedback Score
    Ah, that's what's happening with me now too. I have apex rom... are you stock? I'm considering switching back

Feedback Score
    Oh I'm ubernoob change "DM Mode" in CDMA workshop to qualcomm

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast